Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

AFCON Semifinal: What Nwabali Told Me Before AFCON — Bafana GK Williams - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON Semifinal: What Nwabali Told Me Before AFCON — Bafana GK Williams (289 Views)

South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali / Bafana Bafana Players Released From Camp As Xenophobia Rattles Team / Alex Iwobi Dances Gbe Body After Super Eagles Win Against Bafana Bafana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

AFCON Semifinal: What Nwabali Told Me Before AFCON — Bafana GK Williams by BrandSpurNG: 2:42pm On Feb 07
Ronwen Williams, the goalkeeper for Bafana Bafana of South Africa, has disclosed that he spoke with Stanley Nwabali of Nigeria prior to the start of the current Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Cote d’Ivoire.

Williams and Nwabali, who play for Mamelodi Sundowns and Chippa United, respectively, are two of the most highly regarded goalkeepers in the South African Premier League, so they are well acquainted.

Both goalkeepers have had similar fortunes at the tournament, keeping four clean sheets. However, Nwabali has conceded just one goal, with Williams conceding twice.

Speaking ahead of the game, Williams revealed that Nwabali has big admiration for him.

He said, “I’m happy for him. I had a chat with him when we played each other in Port Elizabeth, and it’s so weird that he told me that I inspire him,” Williams told a press conference in Bouake.

“The way he’s playing now, I’m so happy that I can inspire someone, a fellow professional, so tomorrow we’ll share the stage together and go out to continue doing what we’ve been doing, trying to be the best goalkeepers we can be.

“He’s been amazing this season, but tomorrow, hopefully, he can concede so that we can go into the final.”

Nigeria will face South Africa at the Stade de la Paix, Bouake, today at 6 p.m. (Nigerian time).

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2024/02/07/afcon-semifinal-what-nwabali-told-me-before-afcon-bafana-gk-williams/

(1) (Reply)

Game Won 90% Journey From N50 To N1M / Ideas That Actually Get Investments / Roger Federer Promo For Us Open 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.