Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,110 members, 7,842,217 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Why You Should Never Start A Business In The Wrong Environment - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why You Should Never Start A Business In The Wrong Environment (658 Views)

Relevance Of An INTERCOM To A Business Environment / What Business Should I Start: The Wrong Question You Should Be Asking! / The Wrong Way To Defend The Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Never Start A Business In The Wrong Environment by mrinfo(m): 11:19am On Nov 09, 2011
One of the first principle of business every enterpreneur is taught about setting up a business is finding a good location. But aside other factors/principles, good location is not enough to make your business succeed. You also need the right environment (Environment here I mean your external environment, your community or your surrounding).

You can have a good location, good human resources, best of ideas, good finance, best strategies, wonderful business plan etc in the wrong environment. The effect is your business remain flat with no promising future.

What is a wrong environment? I will explain with an illustration. Assuming you have a block moulding industry where people’s tradition make them prefer building with bricks. Another example is having a mobile/web development company where people don’t value/know the potential or have the need for web or mobile apps.

If you are in any environment and more than 50% of your customers comes,

http://nairabrains.com/2011/11/how-your-environment-is-killing-your-business/

(1) (Reply)

Google Scraps Classic Navigation Bar For Flashy Menu / Forex Holy Grail / Make That Cash From Biodiesel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.