Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,110 members, 7,852,756 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:23 AM

Help Needed To Resolved Property Matters - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help Needed To Resolved Property Matters (288 Views)

Issue resolved / Resolved / IGP Order SARS Not To Attend To Civil Or Commercial Matters Again, But.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed To Resolved Property Matters by Somebody2020: 11:56am On Feb 08
Good afternoon, Nairalanders…

There’s a piece of land my family just sold out but one of the four sole administrators didn’t sign and the family agreed to return the money but the buyer and agent don’t want to accept the money. One of my family (an uncle) member among the sole administrators gave the agents the deed of agreement cos he was the one that negotiated the transaction.
Now they said they have the deeds and have spent some money and it’s their own. And also, since the head of the family signed nobody is important anymore.
The agents are threatening the only family member that didn’t sign. Their lawyer also is adamant claiming the land for his client.

How can we sort this out without going to court because of the long process at court. Their money is available and ready for refunds.

I’m open to your suggestions and opinions.

I’ll be waiting to answer your questions.

Thanks in anticipation all…
Re: Help Needed To Resolved Property Matters by dawnomike(m): 12:34pm On Feb 08
Somebody2020:

There’s a piece of land my family just sold out but one of the four sole administrators didn’t sign and the family agreed to return the money but the buyer and agent don’t want to accept the money. One of my family (an uncle) member among the sole administrators gave the agents the deed of agreement cos he was the one that negotiated the transaction.
Now they said they have the deeds and have spent some money and it’s their own. And also, since the head of the family signed nobody is important anymore.
The agents are threatening the only family member that didn’t sign. Their lawyer also is adamant claiming the land for his client.

How can we sort this out without going to court because of the long process at court. Their money is available and ready for refunds.

The person that didn't sign should go to court against those that bought the land.
Then, other family members will testify that they wanted to refund but buyer refused

Case will take years to settle, buyers gets tired and collects his refunds or keep going to court for 10 to 20yrs

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed To Resolved Property Matters by Melagros(m): 2:51pm On Feb 08
dawnomike:
The person that didn't sign should go to court against those that bought the land.
Then, other family members will testify that they wanted to refund but buyer refused

Case will take years to settle, buyers gets tired and collects his refunds or keep going to court for 10 to 20yrs
For sure grin
Re: Help Needed To Resolved Property Matters by Cassandraloius: 7:58am On Feb 09
What are his reasons for not signing? He should go to court alone.
Re: Help Needed To Resolved Property Matters by Somebody2020: 8:32am On Feb 09
The amount they sold the land was not worthy the value of the land. We just want this to be settled soon.
I’ve always heard if one member of the family refused to sign the deeds becomes inconclusive and nullity.
If there no other means to resolved without going to court.
This is happening in Lagos.
Thanks for your concern and I still want more insights
Re: Help Needed To Resolved Property Matters by Beautifulday: 8:52am On Feb 09
Somebody2020:

Take the matter to village court.
Re: Help Needed To Resolved Property Matters by Somebody2020: 11:02am On Feb 09
Cassandraloius:
What are his reasons for not signing? He should go to court alone.

The amount they sound it and also she has been against the selling from the start.
The family held a meeting and they agreed not to fight each other because of property.
Re: Help Needed To Resolved Property Matters by Somebody2020: 11:03am On Feb 09
Somebody2020:

The amount they sound it and also she has been against the selling from the start.
The family held a meeting and they agreed not to fight each other because of property.

Which made they agreed not to sell again.
I don’t understand the buyer’s aggression and adamant

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Boys Are Out This Easter So Ladies Be Careful / Court Sentences TikTok User To Three Years Jail For Defaming Nollywood Actress / See List Of African Countries With Least Crime Rates (image)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.