Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,571 members, 7,840,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

The Abysmal State Of Peace Mass Transit Company - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Abysmal State Of Peace Mass Transit Company (289 Views)

GUO Reacts To Peace Mass Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / 18 Passengers Die In Peace Mass Transit Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Abysmal State Of Peace Mass Transit Company by Laoye1: 7:09am On Feb 09
Before using this transport company on 08/02/24, I had already been hearing terrible stories about the them, but due to the reduced competition among transport companies "peace mass transit" has refused to change the narrative about their company, simply because they feel Nigerians don't have a choice. I entered this bus at the park in ebonyi state at 9am on the above date to Benin city, but before the bus could leave the park it took almost another 2 hours because the driver decided that engaging meaningless arguments with his colleagues at the park was more important than addressing his passengers that were already in the bus. on our way we had an accident at Enugu state due to his poor driving, and the military vehicle involved took the bus to the army barracks. After arguing in the barracks for over 3 hours i kept on pleading with the driver to get in touch with his management to bring another bus, so we could continue our journey, because the original bus we boarded was badly damaged from the accident. After almost 3 hours in the barracks the bus came to pick us, this was already 4pm. At 7pm we got to Asaba(Delta State), and without addressing his passengers, the driver stopped at the peace mass transit park and came down from the vehicle to sit with his fellow drivers without even saying a word to the passengers. After about 15 minutes i walked up to the driver and politely asked why he had stopped without even talking to anyone, and he said one of the tyre's was bad, and the spare tyre could not be used because it was also bad. Well, i wasn't so worried since we were at the park and he could easily pick any tyre from the numerous vehicles at the park, but to my surprise, he said he can't and that it was against company policy, except the manager orders it. So i asked for the managers number, and tried to reason with him, he also said it was out of his hands, and that the tyre can't be changed unless he gets permission from the general manager, and that even if it can be changed, the vehicle wouldn't be allowed to continue the journey until the next day. I was very mad at the senseless utterances, so i asked for the general manager's number and placed a call across, he said he had given permission for the tyre to be changed but the vehicle wouldn't be allowed to continue the trip. "How can u stop us on the road without addressing us about the reason for stopping, then keep us on the road without giving us a chance to decide if we wanted to continue the journey or not, finally the general manager understood my plight, so he asked me to give the driver the phone, and that since the passengers have insisted on continuing the journey, then he can go ahead, for more than 30 minutes we couldn't find the driver to pass the message. When he later appeared, he had already taken his bath, changed his clothes and was ready to go to bed... without saying a single word to the passengers(whom were still on the road) he was carrying. "Now that you want us to end the journey here, provide a place or a hotel for us to sleep" and we were told to make ourselves comfortable in bus. I called back the manager and the general manager, they both stopped taking my calls at 9pm. I had to quickly find a hotel to stay the night after being promised we would continue the journey the next day at 5:00am. The next morning, i was at the park at 4:40am and the whole place was like a graveyard, passengers and the bus driver, all fast asleep. After knocking on one of the buses the driver was woken up and began to make calls again about the tyre that we thought was had already been changed the previous day. They lied to me, a bad tyre was changed the previous night, making it look like it had been changed. It was at 6:00am the next morning this driver began to actually change the tyre. And at 6:40am we left the park heading for Benin. No apologies, no explanations, nothing. The passengers were the least of their problems. My advise to those who wish to use the transport company, "if u have something urgent to do, do not use "PEACE MASS TRANSIT".
If u care about your safety, do not use them.

I had heard stories about them prior to this time, but i decided to use them because there was no other option at the time i proposed travelling.

Attached are numbers of the manager, the general manager and the images of the passengers waiting for the tyre to be changed at 6:00am with some passengers still sleeping in the bus. I would love to upload a videos, but unfortunately it would probably be impossible here.

General manager : 08056697055

Manager : 07069075243

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Abysmal State Of Peace Mass Transit Company by maclatunji: 7:55am On Feb 09
The state of our country is a reflection of how all citizens carry out their duties. Travelling in Nigeria is not for the faint-hearted.

2 Likes

Re: The Abysmal State Of Peace Mass Transit Company by Laoye1: 1:31pm On Feb 11
It's such shame...avoid this transport company as much as possible, for the sake of your sanity.

(1) (Reply)

Hajj 2018: Nigerian Pilgrim Dies In Elevator Pit / Unable To Filled Poland Travel Medical Box Visa Form / Please, How Do I Get to Nigeria Info 99.3 Lagos Office From Toll Gate, Sango?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.