Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

NYSC Eligibility Conundrum - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Eligibility Conundrum (183 Views)

Top NYSC Eligibility Criteria You Must Know / University Of Ottawa Scholarships: Benefits, Eligibility & Application Process / National Youth Service Corps - Eligibility For Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Eligibility Conundrum by Foodconsumer(m): 4:54pm On Feb 11
Hi guys. Pls I want to know how NYSC calculates eligibility (age-limit)

I recently graduated and my name turned up in the matriculation list and I already zeroed my mind from service as I clocked 30 last year Nov and my results just came out 2 weeks ago. I would've been eligible for NYSC assuming my stay in school wasn't extended by a year (due to ASUU strikes) and would've graduated before my 29th birthday ( I didn't have any COs nor did I spill) but unfortunately things didn't turn out the way I envisaged.

But nevertheless I already accepted my fate of ineligibility for service till a friend of mine told me NYSC doesn't count the time wasted due to strikes and that it'll be counted 4 years from 2018 (the year I was admitted by Jamb) till the expected year of graduation, a point which doesn't make any sense to me as it's posted everywhere that graduates expected to qualify for service should graduate below the age of 30, but I graduated at 30 and 3 months (which would've been 2018-2022 set at 29 years assuming there wasn't any ASUU strike).

So, I want to know if he's right or just giving me unnecessary hope, so I can concentrate on getting my exemption letter and focus on life.

Someone should pls kindly shed light on this.
Re: NYSC Eligibility Conundrum by Lamas2012(m): 5:40pm On Feb 11
They count I was supposed to graduate by 29 but strike and covid -19 added and the portal took me to excemption if you want to beat it use WAEC change of date of birth then do the registration that means you will have to correct your date of birth on your certificate as well if they are written there
Re: NYSC Eligibility Conundrum by Foodconsumer(m): 5:52pm On Feb 11
Lamas2012:
They count I was supposed to graduate by 29 but strike and covid -19 added and the portal took me to excemption if you want to beat it use WAEC change of date of birth then do the registration that means you will have to correct your date of birth on your certificate as well if they are written there
oh.. thanks for that. I don't think I have the time to go through all that troubles. I'll just take my exemption letter and go away. Thanks for your response.
Re: NYSC Eligibility Conundrum by Lamas2012(m): 7:05pm On Feb 11
Foodconsumer:
oh.. thanks for that. I don't think I have the time to go through all that troubles. I'll just take my exemption letter and go away. Thanks for your response.
You're welcome

(1) (Reply)

Start Domain Business With Little Or No Capital / Nysc / If You Are Interested In Amazon KDP Course,dm To Get Started

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.