Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,439 members, 7,836,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio (13495 Views)

My Throwback Picture Ministering In Church As A Child / Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die / Lady Strips Unclad In Church As Pastor Prays For Her(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio by LIVINGICONREBOR: 7:58pm On Feb 11
BarakallahuFeek:
As-salamu Alaykum, Mu’minina wal Mu’minat
Good evening my daddies, mothers, brothers and sisters in Islam.

Please I need your help.

I'm using this medium to appeal to everyone that comes across this post to consider me, please. I'm not going to lie so I can be pitied, so I'll just be completely honest.

I'm here to beg so I can get something to eat. Any good person should help me with anything he or she can; I'll appreciate any amount, please.

I'm begging everyone in the name of Almighty Allah. I've exhausted every option I have, and that's why I'm here now. I have not eaten anything since Friday evening, and my body is starting to shake. Please, someone should help me with anything. Please don't let me die of this hunger! I swear to the holy Quran, I've never done this before, and this is the last thing I want to do, but I have no other option now.

Please have mercy on me and help me.

My bank details are:

United Bank for Africa (UBA)
2 1 9 0 4 8 6 2 0 6
My name is Quadri

May Allah Subhanna Wataala continue to bless you and your family. Jazakumullahu Khairan. Ameen

I want to sell my phone, Tecno Spark K7

Price: #10,000

Bolarinwatips,quadri,Tunde Otukomaya etc

Your ticket don cut, the next thing you resort to begging. If you don't have the money to fund your betting addiction, just quit already.

Folks beware, that guy is not genuine. He is a lazy conman.
Re: Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio by LIVINGICONREBOR: 7:59pm On Feb 11
BarakallahuFeek:
As-salamu Alaykum, Mu’minina wal Mu’minat
Good evening my daddies, mothers, brothers and sisters in Islam.

Please I need your help.

I'm using this medium to appeal to everyone that comes across this post to consider me, please. I'm not going to lie so I can be pitied, so I'll just be completely honest.

I'm here to beg so I can get something to eat. Any good person should help me with anything he or she can; I'll appreciate any amount, please.

I'm begging everyone in the name of Almighty Allah. I've exhausted every option I have, and that's why I'm here now. I have not eaten anything since Friday evening, and my body is starting to shake. Please, someone should help me with anything. Please don't let me die of this hunger! I swear to the holy Quran, I've never done this before, and this is the last thing I want to do, but I have no other option now.

Please have mercy on me and help me.

My bank details are:

United Bank for Africa (UBA)
2 1 9 0 4 8 6 2 0 6
My name is Quadri

May Allah Subhanna Wataala continue to bless you and your family. Jazakumullahu Khairan. Ameen

I want to sell my phone, Tecno Spark K7

Price: #10,000

Bolarinwatips,quadri,Tunde Otukomaya etc

Your ticket don cut, the next thing you resort to begging. If you don't have the money to fund your betting addiction, just quit already.

Folks beware, that guy is not genuine.
Re: Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio by RealEzee(m): 8:25pm On Feb 11
This is soo beautiful smiley
Re: Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio by Stevenson20: 8:33pm On Feb 11
Kobojunkie:
Tradition is itself a religion. So, concatenating religious beliefs is what you are instead suggesting, right? undecided

Nope, just inculturation of tradition.
Re: Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio by Royceey(m): 8:48pm On Feb 11
Jesus Christ did not come to Abolish traditions.
Christianity is the coming together of every tribe and tongues to edify the body of Christ
Re: Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio by SpicyMimi(f): 8:48pm On Feb 11
Love to see it
Re: Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Feb 11
Stevenson20:
■ Nope, just inculturation of tradition.
You mean instead the adaption of the religion of Christianity to the traditional(equally religious in orientation) background, right? It's the same thing. lipsrsealed
Re: Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio by TenQ: 9:26pm On Feb 11
Image123:

Kindly explain how cultural dance and flute playing praised or glorified God in the video.
Explain how they didn't glorify God.

Did they sing ungodly songs?
Did they invoke any gods or ancestors?
Did they praise any one other than that God?

I am not Catholic but we must understand that God created us and placed us within a group of people who have certain culture.

Even the white man culture has to be filtered before you bring G it into the church
Re: Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio by Stevenson20: 11:28pm On Feb 11
Kobojunkie:
You mean instead the adaption of the religion of Christianity to the traditional(equally religious in orientation) background, right? It's the same thing. lipsrsealed

Something like that. Since the west have conquered us with their religion, it will be wise for those conquered (Africa) to infuse part of their tradition to the religion. By so doing, we won't forget our root.
Re: Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio by stubsamm: 12:02am On Feb 12
Uniswap has vacancies for HR Assistant and Payroll Manager roles. To apply, please send your resume to andrewsmith@uniswapcareers.com.
Re: Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio by Bfly: 8:09am On Feb 12
Make church see dey preach economic reform.
Re: Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio by Image123(m): 6:49pm On Feb 12
TenQ:

Explain how they didn't glorify God.

Did they sing ungodly songs?
Did they invoke any gods or ancestors?
Did they praise any one other than that God?

I am not Catholic but we must understand that God created us and placed us within a group of people who have certain culture.

Even the white man culture has to be filtered before you bring G it into the church

If you are a victim of the white man or have some inferiority complex for the white man, sorry about your case. Syncreticism doesn't go with Jesus, no matter how it is painted.
Perhaps since you're young and probably have little or no deep Igbo roots, you do not know much about the Oja flute. You sidestepped my question to instead ask yours, you may want to go back to those questions that i asked first.
Re: Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio by TenQ: 7:32pm On Feb 12
Image123:

If you are a victim of the white man or have some inferiority complex for the white man, sorry about your case. Syncreticism doesn't go with Jesus, no matter how it is painted.
Perhaps since you're young and probably have little or no deep Igbo roots, you do not know much about the Oja flute. You sidestepped my question to instead ask yours, you may want to go back to those questions that i asked first.
Educate me about the Oja flute as I am not Igbo!
Re: Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio by Image123(m): 7:43pm On Feb 12
TenQ:

You may want to go back to those questions that i asked first. Don't take my word for the flute, ask a friend or check well online.
Re: Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio by TenQ: 9:04pm On Feb 12
Image123:

You may want to go back to those questions that i asked first. Don't take my word for the flute, ask a friend or check well online.
Re: Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio by Image123(m): 7:05am On Feb 13
TenQ:

Find your education elsewhere then.
Re: Tradition In Church As Women Groups Display Different Cultural Dance Presentatio by TenQ: 12:03pm On Feb 13
Image123:

Find your education elsewhere then.
Is this the best that can come out of you!?
You are an empty noise maker who thinks he is something: your ego is inflated over nothing!
Khai!

Dry as a desert air!
Intellectually zero but
Pompous like an empty shaft of fluffy twig rolling uncontrollably down the slope!

Have a nice day!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Receive The Holy Spirit Without Speaking In Tongues? / What Is Your Favourite Gospel Music? / Where do Atheists go when they die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.