Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt (15485 Views)

Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges / People Pay N50 To Cross Flooded Road, Including Soldiers (Video) / Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has Pedestrian Bridges That Nobody Uses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by fergie001: 7:17pm On Feb 11
Crossing the highway is an offence in Lagos State. Lagos State government has given a marching order to the @LAGESCOfficial (KAI) Marshall and other law enforcement officials to arrest anyone crossing the highway and then charge them to court immediately.

PLEASE use the pedestrian bridges across the State.

#ZeroToleranceLagos

Tokunbo Philip Wahab, Lagos State Commissioner for Environment & Water Resources

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by matify83: 7:26pm On Feb 11
Good development.

However, such pedestrian bridges should not be haven for streets urchins and drug user.
They should be well illuminated and placed at designated bus stops, not miles away.

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by inoki247: 8:22pm On Feb 11
Lol Ojota people left the group chat....

I remember back den for Ketu and Ojota during Fashola tenure dem pack people tire buh people still no hear....

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by Jamiubond009(m): 8:23pm On Feb 11
grin
Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by Jamiubond009(m): 8:23pm On Feb 11
Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by ImoleNaija: 8:23pm On Feb 11
The Lagos State Government needs to ensure the pedestrian bridges are safe for the people to use. The fear of getting attacked or harassed by the hoodlums who roam about or live on the bridges makes people avoid the bridges at times.

All the advert posters that cover the walkways should be removed so that any activities going on there would be seen by everyone around.

Also, the security agents should be stationed there for night use.

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by BarrElChapo(m): 8:23pm On Feb 11
Okay
Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by Caleb15(m): 8:24pm On Feb 11
After crossing KAI

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by Shellsploit: 8:24pm On Feb 11
Mtcheeeeew!
Me wey dey skate dey cross oshodi expressway every day

2 Likes

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by nony43(m): 8:24pm On Feb 11
Y
Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by T2Justman(m): 8:24pm On Feb 11
I wish the government of Anambra state will do the same thing at Unizik junction in Awka, Anambra state.

6 Likes

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by NaijaSumigan: 8:25pm On Feb 11
Hmmm... All these politicians with their dubious skills to amass wealth.

I await the day when Nigerians will turn against them.

9 Likes

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by Femich18(m): 8:25pm On Feb 11
Ok then.
So what should be done to urchin and thugs that have customised the pedestrian and still rob people that use the bridge especially at night?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by MrMcJay(m): 8:26pm On Feb 11
inoki247:

I remember back den for Ketu and Ojota during Fashola tenure dem pack people tire buh people still no hear....

Some years ago, a bus knocked down a woman who crossed at that Ojota instead of using the pedestrian bridge. Some of those who helped carry the woman into an ambulance also crossed the express instead of using the bridge.

At a point, Ambode built a second pedestrian bridge there, they didn't use it. He installed wire mesh railings, people cut it. He had to put bouncers there with baseball bats.

Lagosians ehn...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by SAMBARRY: 8:26pm On Feb 11
Lagosians are very lawless and thrive in chaos so I support This.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by isan(m): 8:26pm On Feb 11
Lol , i just decided to stop crossing the highway at ojota and opt for the bridge instead, there's a disabled guy on the bridge i always tip him every time I'm passing he keeps the bridge clean

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by providencia(m): 8:27pm On Feb 11
How much is minimum wage?

3 Likes

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by ConfidentialDoc: 8:27pm On Feb 11
He'll make a very good dictator

3 Likes

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by ClearFlair: 8:27pm On Feb 11
This is common sense na

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by Keegan: 8:27pm On Feb 11
inoki247:

Nigerians are irredeemable, highly indiscipline. Yet we complain about anything and everything.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by darlous(m): 8:28pm On Feb 11
Some of the pedestrian bridges are haven for criminals, they need to station security officials there.

16 Likes

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by ipobarecriminals: 8:28pm On Feb 11
grin Bridge wey criminals go waylaid people and collect their valuable sad.
Beggars go turn it to home.
Petty traders go display their market
The stubborn ones go still cross am in the morning/evening

I miss 9jA life

3 Likes

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by ExtremeDot: 8:28pm On Feb 11
We don't listen.

1 Like

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by ClearFlair: 8:28pm On Feb 11
Keegan:

Nigerians are irredeemable, highly indiscipline. Yet we complain about anything, everything.

Don't use this to discredit the sufferings of Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by Sirianese: 8:28pm On Feb 11
fergie001:

Tokunbo Philip Wahab, Lagos State Commissioner for Environment & Water Resources

How can you fine people 50,000 for a civil offense when minimum wage is 18,000 in reality?

They are just looking for money to go and fĂșck ashawo in Grenada, useless thieves

19 Likes

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by chiefolododo(m): 8:30pm On Feb 11
people are suffering ,you still want to compound their suffering

2 Likes

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by Timoleon(m): 8:30pm On Feb 11
isan:
Lol , i just decided to stop crossing the highway at ojota and opt for the bridge instead, there's a disabled guy on the bridge i always tip him every time I'm passing he keeps the bridge clean
you'd think he does...these ''bridge sweepers" intentionally pour dirt's on the bridge and act like they are sweeping it all day to sway the public.

2 Likes

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by toujurs: 8:30pm On Feb 11
providencia:
How much is minimum wage?
Don't mind these fools, Nigerians are even the foolish one here. These politicians earn over 10m in a month, so they don't understand what a common man go through, yet the foolish common man, will be manipulated through tribalism to vote for the same oppressors.

7 Likes

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by stevups(m): 8:30pm On Feb 11
Let us see

1 Like

Re: Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt by LaziestYouth: 8:30pm On Feb 11
As if the trouble on our hands now is not enough

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra traffic management agency moves to decongest Onitsha and enviro(photos) / Jamaica, No Problem!!! / How Safe Are Our Railway Tracks In Nigeria? Abuja As A Case Study!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.