Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,382 members, 7,853,701 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

Reflecting On The Just Concluded 2023 Africa Cup Of Nations;_ Sen Ubah - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Reflecting On The Just Concluded 2023 Africa Cup Of Nations;_ Sen Ubah (134 Views)

2023 Africa Cup Of Nations Has Been Moved To 2024 / List Of Premier League Stars At 2019 Africa Cup Of Nations / Nigeria Vs Libya: Africa Cup Of Nations Qualifier - 4 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reflecting On The Just Concluded 2023 Africa Cup Of Nations;_ Sen Ubah by grassrootsig: 6:52am On Feb 12
REFLECTING ON THE JUST CONCLUDED 2023 AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS

On Sunday February 11, 2024, I was in Abidjan with the Nigerian Vice-President, Kashim Shettima, distinguished colleagues and other notable personalities to support our Super Eagles at the final match of the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations. Even though they lost to Cote d’Ivoire, I commend them for doing their best to reach the finals. Football is a game of love and in every match or tournament, a winner must emerge.

The event afforded me the opportunity to meet with old friends and international football officials, which made me reflect on what we can do as public officials to develop our football industry and sports sector. I am confident that our nation's executive and legislative arms will work together to invest more in these critical sectors. Building and renovating more stadiums, training facilities and youth development centres will attract more talents and provide better training opportunities for our players.

I also believe that the result of the match will motivate government and relevant stakeholders to invest more in youth academies and grassroots football programs. By identifying and nurturing young talent from a young age, we can ensure a steady supply of skilled players for our national teams. This also includes providing coaching and education programs to develop not only their football skills but also their personal and academic growth.

We should also prioritize the development of coaching and refereeing. By providing training and certification programs for coaches and referees, we can improve the overall quality of our football matches. This will also help in the development of local talent and ensure fair play in our leagues.

In the spirit of sportsmanship, I would like to once again congratulate Cote d’Ivoire for emerging as the African Champion. Our Super Eagles should remain focused, especially as they prepare for their next World Cup qualifier, which will be played in South Africa in June. The future will be brighter.

Senator (Dr) Ifeanyi Ubah, CON
Anambra South Senatorial District

Re: Reflecting On The Just Concluded 2023 Africa Cup Of Nations;_ Sen Ubah by grassrootsig: 6:53am On Feb 12
REFLECTING ON THE JUST CONCLUDED 2023 AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS

Re: Reflecting On The Just Concluded 2023 Africa Cup Of Nations;_ Sen Ubah by Malroux: 6:55am On Feb 12
Valentine Ozigbo is our new governor come 2025.
Re: Reflecting On The Just Concluded 2023 Africa Cup Of Nations;_ Sen Ubah by grassrootsig: 6:58am On Feb 12
Malroux:

We are talking about AFCON 2023 and the way forward for the Nigerian football, and you are here talking out of context.
Re: Reflecting On The Just Concluded 2023 Africa Cup Of Nations;_ Sen Ubah by Malroux: 7:00am On Feb 12
grassrootsig:

We are talking about AFCON 2023 and the way forward for the Nigerian football, and you are here talking out of context.
Re: Reflecting On The Just Concluded 2023 Africa Cup Of Nations;_ Sen Ubah by Chinaza06: 7:01am On Feb 12
Okay
Re: Reflecting On The Just Concluded 2023 Africa Cup Of Nations;_ Sen Ubah by grassrootsig: 7:05am On Feb 12
Still on AFCON 2023

Re: Reflecting On The Just Concluded 2023 Africa Cup Of Nations;_ Sen Ubah by Promise47(m): 8:10am On Feb 12
Some of the few theives in APC

(1) (Reply)

The Super Eagles Made Nigerians Sing The National Anthem Together / Records: Erling Haaland Makes History After Scoring Five Goals For Man City / Shooting Stars Vs Bendel Insurance Preview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.