Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? (33165 Views)

See The Condition Of Roads In Igbogbo Ikorodu / The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) / Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Greenfaces: 12:25pm On Feb 17
faceland:

Anyone one burning that amount to go to UK have made the wrong decision.
Wow. Why you say that
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Agunesinjaweola: 12:29pm On Feb 17
faceland:

Anyone one burning that amount to go to UK have made the wrong decision.
Unfortunately people are raising money to get through it because of the long term gains !!

I can only encourage anyone who can afford it because you'll get yourself sorted in the UK after 5-6 years and begin a fresh new life with great future.

Free school fees for your kids up to University level and you can pay your debt back in Nigeria within two years with interest.

What of free NHS healthcare
It's unquantifiable !!
Get sick in Nigeria and you're a gonna 😧

So, why would someone decide to hope for uncertain future in Nigeria if you can raise such money

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by GbemiTrabaye01: 12:30pm On Feb 17
Pls share the GCMS website

Jennysplash:
Yes I have applied for GCMS notes and also have experience in the job with proofs, let me wait for it then to know my next step but I really don’t want to go through the work route anymore cry and thank you so much for replying
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by TAPOWERS: 12:33pm On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:
Despite the jappa tide flowing allover, there are some people who don't have jappa in their agenda even though they are not doing well...
Some reasons may include weather, culture, food, caring for loved ones here, lack of strict laws here, etc.
They've decided to remain in their "comfort zone"...

Are you one of dem

Yes I Am Happily One Of Them!!

But Why?

I have trained myself on How To The Same WEAKENED NAIRA to fight the Hyper Artificial Inflation created by the Government Of The Day and the Other Ruling Class alike.

How I am Doing It Is What You All Can See In The Screenshot I attached.

You buy crypto version of US Dollar at a Particular time Of the day. You then later sell it At a Particular Time Of the Next Day. This requires a minimum of #200,000 to START but Higher like #500,000 is better to make the profit accumulation faster and SUPERBLY BIG.

Wanna learn this? 07060578569 is my contact number

***You can even forget this and exchange the Crypto-Dollar you bought with your NAIRA at the rate of 1U$DT for $1.1 or 100U$DT for $110 which is ultimately Unlimited and even Better.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS EITHER TO KEEP ALLOWING YOUR NAIRA TO DEPRECIATE OR USE IT TO FIGHT THE UNNECESSARILY INTRODUCED SUPER HARDSHIP

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by ruzell86: 12:34pm On Feb 17
pansophist:

When people say there is enjoyment in nigeria, it's about the communality, food, being the default, lack of civic responsibilitiee, and "freedom in chaos" such as hook up, bribery, abusing others ( eg sales girl, house boy) etc

Apart from these, I don't know exactly how Nigeria is fun. If one have adapted to their new home, it's far better fun than what's obtainable in naija

How can you enjoy a place with no light, dirty beaches that's not free, no free museum, architecture, library, etc?

And a preventable situation such as bad roads, dumb police officers and bad medical care can kill you in an instant?

Also, your money can only go far in a functioning society. It takes me about 20euros to fly from Amsterdam to the Spanish islands in Africa (Gran Canaria) , but can same amount take you from Lagos to Abuja by flight?

If I dump you in the desert with a million usd suitcase, your money becomee useless, just because the desert can't convert your cash to value.

It's the same thing with being wealthy in Nigeria. Hopefully the drugs you bought for headache is not fake. Imagine paying for your death.

So no, there is no enjoyment in a dysfunctional system. Just that human natures will adapt to bad situations and create fun in it. Just as the kids in the ghetto are having fun, but it's not good life.

Enough said at bolded. It sums it up... Bravo ! 👏👏

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by 2Radii: 12:40pm On Feb 17
tensazangetsu20:

Lol dey there. God created black people and went somewhere and started laughing grin grin

A bn wan curse u before but this ur statement off me kpatakpata grin grin

as u say Africa is cursed e no sit well in me..we re not cursed bro...

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by chi4ik4(m): 12:41pm On Feb 17
I pay myself 2.5m monthly therefore I won't japa

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:43pm On Feb 17
2Radii:

A bn wan curse u before but this ur statement off me kpatakpata grin grin

as u say Africa is cursed e no sit well in me..we re not cursed bro...

Bros see the life black man dey live. E dey pain me die and foolish people are still supporting the idiots that put them in bondage.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Profgordons(m): 12:43pm On Feb 17
Gerrard59:

Fair analysis. Which is why this thread exists: https://www.nairaland.com/7496716/what-exactly-does-one-enjoy

But I am surprised, your comments have changed overtime regarding relocation and living in a place where the majority don't look like you.

P.S. We must acknowledge one thing: The majority of wealthy Nigerians live in Nigeria.
Simply because they cannot recreate that wealth abroad.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Rukevwe999(m): 12:44pm On Feb 17
One reason I don't have an enthusiasm to japa at the moment is because of my personal values and my view of life, work, and the world. If i want to japa, i do so because there things about the country i personally admire about the place I'm immigrating to, like language and culture, and suits my person. I don't believe in migrating out of the country for survival means except in periods of political insurgency, war, and natural disaster.

Everywhere is fukked, there's no Utopia anywhere, even in the so called USA and Canada where people see as heaven, unspeakable things happen to people over there. You'll go online and see their citizens complaining bitterly about the state of their nation. Some Americans even believe that there is an incoming civil war and advice leaving the country. When you look at all the paranoia in the West it makes you ponder. You look at Nigeria despite how messed up the system is, we're still better than many countries in the world - by a far margin.

I believe in living life with meaning and purpose, if you can't live a meaningful life in Nigeria, you can't have one in another land which has a different culture. If you go to a "greener pasture" with the purpose of mere survival soon it would turn brown. Nigeria can be fixed, every great nation has had it's fair share of bad leaders and economic meltdown, and they fixed it. Nigeria can be fixed. I believe that many problems in Nigeria are interpersonal and has it's roots in our culture and family systems .

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Profgordons(m): 12:47pm On Feb 17
Agunesinjaweola:

Unfortunately people are raising money to get through it because of the long term gains !!

I can only encourage anyone who can afford it because you'll get yourself sorted in the UK after 5-6 years and begin a fresh new life with great future.

Free school fees for your kids up to University level and you can pay your debt back in Nigeria within two years with interest.

It's unquantifiable !!

So, why would someone decide to hope for uncertain future in Nigeria if you can raise such money
Well said, also to add, many people who struggle in Nigeria still struggle abroad. Sometimes it is not about the society but your individual skills.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by 2Radii: 12:48pm On Feb 17
tensazangetsu20:

Bros see the life black man dey live. E dey pain me die and foolish people are still supporting the idiots that put them in bondage.
it's not the black man fault bro....its what we have bn subjected to for a long time by the colonial masters followed by our leaders..

Now even ordinary man along the road see no bad in bad..hmmm

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by sukkot: 12:49pm On Feb 17
Greenfaces:

Wow. Why you say that
it’s common sense na. 25 million Naira is like 13000 pounds. The average British person does not have up to 1000 pounds in their aza. So you spend 13500 pounds to relocate to a place where the average person does not have 1000 in aza. Is that not the definition of madness 😆😆😆😆

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by 2Radii: 12:49pm On Feb 17
tensazangetsu20:

it's not the black man fault bro....its what we have bn subjected to for a long time by the colonial masters followed by our leaders..

Now even ordinary man along the road see no bad in bad..hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Profgordons(m): 12:49pm On Feb 17
Rukevwe999:
One reason I don't have an enthusiasm to japa at the moment is because of my personal values and my view of life, work, and the world. If i want to japa, i do so because there things about the country i personally admire about the place I'm immigrating to, like language and culture, and suits my person. I don't believe in migrating out of the country for survival means except in periods of political insurgency, war, and natural disaster.

Everywhere is fukked, there's no Utopia anywhere, even in the so called USA and Canada where people see as heaven, unspeakable things happen to people over there. You'll go online and see their citizens complaining bitterly about the state of their nation. Some Americans even believe that there is an incoming civil war and advice leaving the country. When you look at all the paranoia in the West it makes you ponder. You look at Nigeria despite how messed up the system is, we're still better than many countries in the world - by a far margin.

I believe in living life with meaning and purpose, if you can't live a meaningful life in Nigeria, you can't have one in another land which has a different culture. If you go to a "greener pasture" with the purpose of mere survival soon it would turn brown. Nigeria can be fixed, every great nation has had it's fair share of bad leaders and economic meltdown, and they fixed it. Nigeria can be fixed. I believe that many problems in Nigeria are interpersonal and has it's roots in our culture and family systems .
If I may ask, what is Nigerian culture?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Profgordons(m): 12:52pm On Feb 17
sukkot:
it’s common sense na. 25 million Naira is like 13000 pounds. The average British person does not have up to 1000 pounds in their aza. So you spend 13500 pounds to relocate to a place where the average person does not have 1000 in aza. Is that not the definition of madness 😆😆😆😆
Not having 1000 in his/her/two spirit’s aza doesn’t mean that’s all the individual’s net worth, think about it in a broader context. There are many reasons he/she/two spirit doesn’t need cash
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by sukkot: 12:53pm On Feb 17
tensazangetsu20:

brother ever since you done enter Chile you done develop strong self hatred. Chileans done do you strong thing 😆

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by sukkot: 12:59pm On Feb 17
Profgordons:
Not having 1000 in his/her/two spirit’s aza doesn’t mean that’s all the individual’s net worth, think about it in a broader context. There are many reasons he/she/two spirit doesn’t need cash
ahh you have been bamboozled. Everybody needs cash. It’s just the system they run where they want everybody fully dependent on the state with no excesses so they tax away all your excess. That’s why there populations are depressed

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by opera1(m): 1:05pm On Feb 17
Procashtips:

Wait until your fellow Nigerians run down that business or steal the money from you.

I know someone right now who came with enough money to settle down here, started building and put some monies into various businesses, right now 90% of the monies are gone and his building project is on hold because even contractors tried to dupe him.

We have more wolfs in Nigeria ready to finish whoever tries to make something work here. (Except you also become a wolf - and to what end?)

The grass is not always green over there sir.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Backpedal: 1:05pm On Feb 17
Country is finished
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Profgordons(m): 1:08pm On Feb 17
sukkot:
ahh you have been bamboozled. Everybody needs cash. It’s just the system they run where they want everybody fully dependent on the state with no excesses so they tax away all your excess. That’s why there populations are depressed
It is the same depressed population you are waiting for their used cloths to buy.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by online4business: 1:10pm On Feb 17
Gerrard59:
Those making dollars while in Nigeria have no reason to japa.

An instance is the children/close relatives of cocoa farmers and exporters. If I see any such person japa, I will ask hard questions.
Will you want your children to suffer same fate as you?

No hard question.

The country is not working abi no wan wait till you pay ransom.

I've always fancy living in a French country (carefree living) but I can't seem to like the language.

The glory days are long gone with no end in sight.

Get out now why you can.

Uganda na where I dey now living like the next messiah.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by Procashtips(m): 1:11pm On Feb 17
opera1:

The grass is not always green over there sir.

No one said otherwise, but the grass is not as dead as we have it here.

Those who try to water the dead grass are targeted and hunted like preys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by sukkot: 1:14pm On Feb 17
Profgordons:
It is the same depressed population you are waiting for their used cloths to buy.
who is buying used cloth ? There are malls all over Nigeria that sell Nike adidas Skechers gap dockers etc. what are you talking about ?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by gaskiyamagana: 1:18pm On Feb 17
Alphamentips:

No be comfort zone matter. Na 10 to 20 meter matter
The meaning please.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by gaskiyamagana: 1:20pm On Feb 17
chiiraq802:
If that thing weh belong to ceazer just miss road enter my hand. Ah don leave una for Nigeria.
Moreover I wasn't suppose to be born in Nigeria, ah no no why dat Angel change my nationality.
I'm originally from Japan.
You will reach Japa before the end of Tinublation, say thunderous, amen.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by OBTOREPA(m): 1:21pm On Feb 17
ikorodureporta:
Despite the jappa tide flowing allover, there are some people who don't have jappa in their agenda even though they are not doing well...
Some reasons may include weather, culture, food, caring for loved ones here, lack of strict laws here, etc.
They've decided to remain in their "comfort zone"...

Are you one of dem
Guy if you get the flow help me
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by perfectsusanoo(m): 1:23pm On Feb 17
Quebec91:
Abi na
Yes na
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by planetx: 1:25pm On Feb 17
Agunesinjaweola:

It's unquantifiable !!

You have a rosy view of life in the UK that is not based on reality, I bet you have never been in that country before based on your comment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by gaskiyamagana: 1:27pm On Feb 17
Jennysplash:
Please my Canada work visa got denied 19th January even though it was LMIA approved job I got through an agency. Please I need advice and help of when and how to re-apply but this time using the student route. This are the reasons the officer gave:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• You were not able to demonstrate that you will be able to adequately perform the work you seek.
This is my first time ever applying for any visa in my life and this agency ruined my first chance because am beginning to doubt if the job was real because I submitted all they asked me to.
May God help you to escape this Tinublation.
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by sukkot: 1:28pm On Feb 17
Re: Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? by femmy2010(m): 1:31pm On Feb 17
ednut1:
There are over 220m people in Nigeria. Everyone cant japa. Which country will absorb them all Nothing strange there.

The majority of us would remain here to make things work.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Cousin Is Stranded In The US.. Needs A Place To Stay (He Is Single & Handsome / Pictures From The Ebute Metta Rail Station / Trailer Kills Conductor In Lagos This Morning (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.