Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

My Car Has Been Jerking After Engine Wash. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Car Has Been Jerking After Engine Wash. (8071 Views)

Nissan Infinti Q35 No Spark On One Bank After Engine Rebiuld / Inspired! I AM HAPPY MY CAR HAS ARRIVED !!! / Help! Gear Picking Lately when on D-position after engine change. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Has Been Jerking After Engine Wash. by Franknerd(m): 8:31am On Nov 10, 2011
Please the Gurus in the house i need your candid advice. I sent my car to a car-wash two days ago for engine wash, since then the car has been jerking and not 'firing nor picking' well. The car was not having the problem before the wash. However someone told me that some water may have found its way into the engine but i would want the gurus here to confirm or tell me what to do. Thank you!
Re: My Car Has Been Jerking After Engine Wash. by Piedpiper(m): 8:49am On Nov 10, 2011
Well the person was right.
You need to check which of the plugs is wet and thus not firing and replace that plug and in all likely-hood be good to go.
Next time though make sure they cover all electrical(alternator,plugs), air( intake) openings well before washing. And do go for steam wash instead ! angry

1 Like

Re: My Car Has Been Jerking After Engine Wash. by Franknerd(m): 9:00am On Nov 10, 2011
Thanks a lot! I quite appreciate.

1 Like

Re: My Car Has Been Jerking After Engine Wash. by femmaleye(m): 1:30pm On Apr 20, 2019
Franknerd:
Please the Gurus in the house i need your candid advice. I sent my car to a car-wash two days ago for engine wash, since then the car has been jerking and not 'firing nor picking' well. The car was not having the problem before the wash. However someone told me that some water may have found its way into the engine but i would want the gurus here to confirm or tell me what to do. Thank you!

So how did you now rectified the fault. I am having the exact issue now. I took the car for an engine wash earlier this morning and on my way back the car was jerking and eventually went off. I have since been trying to kick it noe but not responding. I called the mechanic, he said I should just leave it with bonnet opened so as to allow the engine to dry very well. My fear now is, I hope it's not a serious issue. It's an old model Toyota Corolla liftback with engine 4A FE. I have since opened the bonnet for almost an hour now.
Re: My Car Has Been Jerking After Engine Wash. by Numerique: 4:33pm On Jun 05, 2019
femmaleye:

So how did you now rectified the fault. I am having the exact issue now. I took the car for an engine wash earlier this morning and on my way back the car was jerking and eventually went off. I have since been trying to kick it noe but not responding. I called the mechanic, he said I should just leave it with bonnet opened so as to allow the engine to dry very well. My fear now is, I hope it's not a serious issue. It's an old model Toyota Corolla liftback with engine 4A FE. I have since opened the bonnet for almost an hour now.

Hope you were able to solve it? Next time I'll recommend you use an Engine Cleaner or tell the car wash personnel to use it on your Engine.
It's very safe and doesn't affect any part of the Engine. Check this video to see how it's done
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-v4CUilsMk

(1) (Reply)

2002 BMW X5 3.0 Auto Gold , Biege Leather , Unregistered Reduced N1.5m - Lekki / WE Buy Faulty,Old & Condemned Vehicles(car,bus,truck) Lagos & Ogun State Only / SOLD! SOLD! Tokunbo Lexus RX300 aka Toyota Harrier SUV For Sale, Lagos, 1.4M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.