Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,568 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Where Do Okrika Sellers Buy Their Bales From? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Where Do Okrika Sellers Buy Their Bales From? (280 Views)

Free Training On How To Do Okrika Business / Nigerian Lady Finds Dollar Notes In Okrika Bag She Bought / How To Start Profitable Okrika Business In Nigeria: All You Need To Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do Okrika Sellers Buy Their Bales From? by Larrishjewel: 11:47am On Feb 16
I passed through the Yaba market last weekend around five PM and was amazed at the prices of clothes sold there. Prices ranging from 200 to 300 naira for clothes of good quality. I got some ideas and I tried talking to one of the traders and he said they are from Cotonou, but I find it hard to believe. Fuel is expensive and transportation cost from Cotonou to Nigeria should definitely make the prices of the clothes higher.

Does anyone know where they buy the bales of clothes from? I will greatly appreciate inputs from everyone and anyone who has knowledge about the Okrika business. Thanks in advance.
Re: Where Do Okrika Sellers Buy Their Bales From? by Tonididdyx: 12:01pm On Feb 16
Larrishjewel:
I passed through the Yaba market last weekend around five PM and was amazed at the prices of clothes sold there. Prices ranging from 200 to 300 naira for clothes of good quality. I got some ideas and I tried talking to one of the traders and he said they are from Cotonou, but I find it hard to believe. Fuel is expensive and transportation cost from Cotonou to Nigeria should definitely make the prices of the clothes higher.

Does anyone know where they buy the bales of clothes from? I will greatly appreciate inputs from everyone and anyone who has knowledge about the Okrika business. Thanks in advance.

You heard it from the horses mouth... What other answer are you seeking?
Re: Where Do Okrika Sellers Buy Their Bales From? by MarketDispatch: 12:06pm On Feb 16
Larrishjewel:
I

All the bales are smuggled.. because Okirika is banned
Re: Where Do Okrika Sellers Buy Their Bales From? by Larrishjewel: 6:50pm On Feb 16
Tonididdyx:

You heard it from the horses mouth... What other answer are you seeking?
Seeing the price of fuel and hike in transportation cost, I'm just thinking the seeling price is ridiculously low and the trader might not be telling the truth in order to hide the business from becoming too known or saturated.
Re: Where Do Okrika Sellers Buy Their Bales From? by Larrishjewel: 6:51pm On Feb 16
MarketDispatch:

All the bales are smuggled.. because Okirika is banned

Ohh, really? How come I've never heard about this? But, there isn't much pressure on it by customs like there is on rice and other commodities, right?
Re: Where Do Okrika Sellers Buy Their Bales From? by Tonididdyx: 6:56pm On Feb 16
Larrishjewel:

Seeing the price of fuel and hike in transportation cost, I'm just thinking the seeling price is ridiculously low and the trader might not be telling the truth in order to hide the business from becoming too known or saturated.

So you're thinking it's sourced from inside naija?
Unku the trader has told you the answer you seek.
The items are low grade used clothes, they are practically worthless hence the price.
Re: Where Do Okrika Sellers Buy Their Bales From? by Larrishjewel: 7:03pm On Feb 16
Tonididdyx:

So you're thinking it's sourced from inside naija?
Unku the trader has told you the answer you seek.
The items are low grade used clothes, they are practically worthless hence the price.
Ohh, I get now. Thank you.
I'm female actually.
Re: Where Do Okrika Sellers Buy Their Bales From? by Tonididdyx: 7:09pm On Feb 16
Larrishjewel:

Ohh, I get now. Thank you.
I'm female actually.
Ok
If you like the business... Go for it.
Re: Where Do Okrika Sellers Buy Their Bales From? by Larrishjewel: 7:15pm On Feb 16
Tonididdyx:

Ok
If you like the business... Go for it.
Yeah, but not without a full study. That's why I brought it here. Thank you so much for the little push.
Re: Where Do Okrika Sellers Buy Their Bales From? by MarketDispatch: 1:13pm On Feb 17
Larrishjewel:

Ohh, really? How come I've never heard about this? But, there isn't much pressure on it by customs like there is on rice and other commodities, right?
There isn't much pressure on Okirika because Rice has a licence holder of Rice importation. The licence holders influence govt to apply pressure to prevent smugglers bringing it in

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Sell My Gas Cylinder Of 12.5/14 Kg / Where Can I Sell My Paypal Funds For Naira? / Reading Posts On NL: Short Post Vs Long Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.