Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,950 members, 7,848,859 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:13 AM

Is This A Wise Decision? Kindly advise � - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is This A Wise Decision? Kindly advise � (142 Views)

Wise decision before Xmas and New Year / My Rejecting Fupre Admission, A Foolish Or Wise Decision / Help A Friend Make A Wise Decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is This A Wise Decision? Kindly advise � by Assigned: 8:47am On Feb 17
I need your advice please 🙏🙏🙏 long post but please bear with me

So I currently live in a "boys quarter" apartment where I share toilet with about 13 other neighbors living in the face me face you plus the rest of the BQ tenants.

The good side of the house
The house is just about 2 minutes from the main road (trek able) so I don't spend anything on TFare when I'm going to the bus stop. The area also has about 23hrs of power supply which is very rare to find in some other places in Lagos.

All of which are important because I work hybrid and electricity and transportation are major expenses for anyone in Lagos .

The bad side of the house
I share bathroom and toilet with about 13 other neighbors living in the face me face you plus the rest of the BQ tenants and the toilet is at the far extreme of the house. I pay someone each time it's my turn to clean the toilet and sweep.

I also share prepaid meter with everybody (about 15 plus shops) which causes issues whenever we need to buy units and all.
The house has a rule of always switching off the light during the day and putting it on at night by 8pm which means if I have to use light during the day, I either buy additional unit (which the whole house will use because I can't use it alone - no personal switch) or turn on my generator.
No water in the compound so I have to pay someone to help me with fetching water or I carry bucket
The neighbors are one of the most bitter people I've ever seen, but the landlord doesn't stay with us
I pay about 7,500 monthly on electricity based on this arrangement.

The situation

I plan on renting a room self contain (budget 300k max) around the area but I couldn't find any, other places are either too far, not enough power supply, shared prepaid meter, or even sub par apartment for high price.

So as an alternative, I'm thinking about liaising with the landlord to renovate my apartment, get a personal prepaid meter and also channel water from around the neighborhood. The budget which shouldn't exceed 200k.

Considering all of this, what should I do?

Cc Lalasticlala mynd44 nlfpmod, Fynestboi, olawalebabs, Richiez
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Kindly advise � by EriMma1: 9:50am On Feb 17
Hmm.. that's a poor living condition. See if you can talk him into making that arrangement for you otherwise leave the place.

How can I e not use light during the day? Plus the battalion using one convinience.. too bad.

By the way whats the good side of having constant light and not being able to use it in the most productive time of the day? I know the people with this kind of local idea. Most of them are.......... that sit outside the compound during the day doing nothing, that is why can afford to come up with this silly idea.

(1) (Reply)

DID YOU KNOW? Nigeria Now Has 274 Universities / Please Help Us Solve This Physics Questions / Stay Updated With Latest Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.