Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,482 members, 7,861,390 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:26 AM

Selfless Love - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Selfless Love (56 Views)

Lead A Selfless Life / Sabbath Holy-day. A day of selfless services & doing what pleases GOD / God Is The Rewarder Of Selfless Services - Deaconess Achumba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Selfless Love by Interesting15: 9:54am On Feb 17
Wisdom For Destiny Daily Devotional (17th February 2024)

by Sunday Akanni

TOPIC: Selfless Love

"(And Jesus said to him): "And the second is like it: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself" Matthew 22: 39
‭‬‬
*Message*

Genuine love is also characterized by selflessness, and in the exploration of true love, you must arrive at a state that is devoid of selfishness if you will maximize the beauty of love. You shouldn't live for yourself alone but should strive as much as possible to make it a duty to show love to others around you.

*We learn love from God, who is Love. Now, you see GOD isn't self-centered. He loves others (unconditionally), and He always has our best interests at heart. This is one of the core things that fuels His pure beauty. And as His unique creatures, we must be like Him even in this regard.*

The truth is, our world would be a better place if everyone could love others genuinely. You become a better person (as well as a better Christian) as you love others genuinely. By so doing, you make yourself available to ensure the well-being of folks God has strategically placed around your space, and you are willing to make necessary sacrifices to do them good.

*Sacrifice is a language of true love. It is a channel through which any other form of sacrifice must be routed for potency and effectiveness. Paul made a very powerful statement: "And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing." (I Corinthians 13:3). Just imagine that! It doesn't matter the gravity of the sacrificial act, if it's not carried out from a standpoint of genuine love that genuinely seeks the welfare of the beneficiaries, it is just a big waste.*‬

*Prayers*
LORD, help me to love others genuinely as You do at all times.

*Further Reading*
I John‬ ‭4:11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
[11] Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

*N.B: TO GET THIS DIRECTLY ON WHATSAPP, KINDLY SEND "WISDOM FOR DESTINY" TO EITHER 2348185021024 OR SUNDAYAKANNIOFFICIAL@GMAIL.COM*

(1) (Reply)

Diligently Seeking / God Is Love / Morning Digest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.