Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,079 members, 7,859,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:15 PM

Advice Needed.. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Needed.. (99 Views)

Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently / Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed / School And Work At The Same Time. How Feasible? Advice Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed.. by Miracle4325: 1:01pm On Feb 17
My colleague of mine was complaining bitterly to me yesterday about his boss going back on thier initially agreement... He his serving as an apprentice (nwaboy). Before coming, his boss proposed 7yrs for him to serve but he said the 7yrs is too much. So the boss said that the 7yrs is divided into 2 installment, that he will work for the boss for good 4yrs and the remaining 3yrs, the boss will give him capital to use and trade after the 3yrs have elapsed they will both share the profit and he is free to go his way.. So the problem now is that the 4yrs have elapsed last November 2023 and the boss didn't mention anything concerning the agreement, so he thought the boss was waiting to give him the capital as promise this January since it the beginning of the year. But to his surprise the boss did as if they they didn't had any agreement and he had to confront his boss last week cause he has endure for good three months now. To his surprise the boss told him that he won't continue on the said agreement again that he must serve the 7yrs direct. He told his boss that it was not the initial agreement but the boss said he can't do anything about it, that he must serve the 7yrs direct or if he insist, he should packed his bag and go.. So what can he do in such a situation now?
Re: Advice Needed.. by yomi007k(m): 1:14pm On Feb 17
Well, I am not supporting his boss but one thing I have realized in present day Nigeria is that " times are hard".

The boss might have believed that business will be fine and he will give him capital but most businesses are barely trying to survive.

The questions I have is ;
What will the guy go and do if he quits the today? What will happen to the guy after 7 years of serving his boss.

This is why it is better to put contracts down in writing.
Re: Advice Needed.. by allabig(m): 2:25pm On Feb 17
since no written agreement.
no evidence
the matter go long

(1) (Reply)

Trainee Finance Officer / Take This Opportunity: Instructors Recruitment!!! / Job Vacancy In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.