Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,066 members, 7,821,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport (8892 Views)

Traffic Robber Caught At Ozumba Mbadiwe, VI This Afternoon (photos) / See Photos Of A Thief Caught At Ikeja This Morning And Nearly Beaten To Death / Pic: Car Thief Caught At Lasuth Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by Francis5: 4:53pm On Nov 10, 2011
Sallah gift for Drug peddlers in Lagos

Crime Guard    Wednesday, November 9, 2011

By Ifeanyi Okolie

The Eid-el-Kabir celebration has turned into a nightmare for 39-year-old Olalekan Idris Bamidele and Nnana Kenneth Chukwuma, 39, as they were arrested by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) while attempting to import narcotics worth N51million into the country on Sallah day.

Idris Olalekan Bamidele with the 5.300kg cocaine concealed in ladies handbags & Nnanna Keneth Chukwuma - another suspect.

advertisement

The duo who were said to be members of a notorious drug cartel operating within Brazil and Nigeria met their waterloo as substances suspected to be cocaine were found on them during search operations on passengers arriving the country from Brazil aboard Qatar Airline flights at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos.

The shipment of 5.300kg of cocaine hidden inside ladies hand bags was on Sunday November 6, 2011, intercepted at about 2pm. Another seizure of 1.090kg of cocaine was last week, detected in the belly of a passenger suspected to be a member of the cartel with the aid of scanning machine.

The seizures are believed to have been masterminded by members of an international drug cartel that smuggles cocaine first, from Brazil to West Africa and from West Africa to Europe and America. Arrests have also been made in connection with the cocaine seizures with an estimated street value of over N51 million.

Crime Alert gathered that one of the drug suspects, Bamidele, who allegedly checked in a luggage containing 5.300kg into a Qatar Airline flight at Sao Paulo was arrested on arrival at the Lagos airport last Sunday and Nnanna who swallowed narcotic drugs in Brazil tested positive to drug ingestion at the arrival hall of the Lagos airport and was also arrested While Nnanna was under observation, he excreted ingested drug that tested positive for cocaine weighing 1.090kg.

Olalekan Idris Bamidele who hails from Odogbolu in Ogun State and married with 3 children told Crime Alert that he fled Libya for Malaysia during the eight month civil war that ravaged the country. "In September 2011, I traveled to Brazil in search of job opportunities.

But unfortunately, I joined a drug cartel over there in Brazil and I was asked to deliver the bag containing cocaine in Lagos. I was however, arrested on my way from Brazil last Sunday with 5.300kg of cocaine at the Lagos airport. I am living at Ikorodu with my wife and children. I attended Saint Paul's Primary School, Odogbolu and had my secondary education at Odogbolu Grammar School.

"I am a trained carpenter but I work as a painter to earn a living in Libya. I left there because of the crisis. I thought Brazil will be better for me but it turned out this way. I was asked to bring the bag containing the drug to Nigeria. This is my first time, please help me" Olalekan appealed.

Nnana Kenneth Chukwuma, 39, traveled to Brazil also in search of job opportunities in August 2011. He tested positive for drug ingestion and was arrested at the Lagos airport. Few days later, he excreted wraps of drugs weighing 1.090kg.

The suspect sells Nigeria movies and musical discs in Gambia. He is married to a Gambian and has two children. "Hardship forced me into drug trafficking. My family are in Gambia. I was frustrated into smuggling the drugs for half a million naira. I feel bad about my involvement and do not know what to do now" Nnana stated. He hails from Mbaino in Imo State.

Chairman of the NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade expressed delight over the arrests particularly that of Olalekan Idris Bamidele who wanted to take advantage of the Islamic festival to import 5.300kg of cocaine into the country. "Though drug barons are wise in exploring ways of smuggling drugs, we are wiser in detecting the drugs and arresting them. This arrest is a warning that we are always at alert to scuttle their next plan. We shall continue to expose their devices until they quit the criminal trade," Giade stated.

In his message to the nation on the occasion of Eid-el Kabir, Giade urged Nigerians to contribute to national peace by supporting the anti-drug campaign programme of the NDLEA. "Let us shun drug trafficking and abuse and report any suspicious illegal drug transaction at the nearest NDLEA office. A drug free society is our dream, consciously work towards it," he stated.

Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by Francis5: 5:46pm On Nov 10, 2011
These rams miss road?
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by ektbear: 12:55am On Nov 11, 2011
The lack of a certain type of comment on this thread cracks me up grin
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 1:09am On Nov 11, 2011
Anywhere you see a Yoruba and Igbo man working together, it's always sth like this. warra shame grin

2 ugly autopopoyos. How more wowo can pesin get.
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by emiye(m): 1:10am On Nov 11, 2011
@ekt bear, There is quinine in the honey, "they" cant lick it.
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by OAM4J: 6:13am On Nov 11, 2011
ekt_bear:

The lack of a certain type of comment on this thread cracks me up grin

me too  grin  grin

Thread would have been in its 10th page by now. grin

------> Crime section
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by executinal(m): 1:06pm On Nov 11, 2011
Oya the floor is open, Yoruba and Igbo, while is the tread very low grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by aieromon(m): 1:06pm On Nov 11, 2011
Wtf!!!No tribal outbursts yet
Borrrrriiiinnnnnggggggg
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by jodeci(m): 1:10pm On Nov 11, 2011
tribal war settled naturally.
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by gascoign1(m): 1:10pm On Nov 11, 2011
I know with the baba suwe saga, d I D I O T S will find a scape goat to show us they are working,
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by Aivoyin(f): 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2011
they must be dealt with seriously owo to ba se ni yio jeya
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by icez: 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2011
This is marginalization there is no mohammed or aminu. wink

Anyway at last d sw and se agree on something. wink

This should be a lesson to all  tribalist that when there is a will there will always be a way. Goodluck to you. grin grin grin
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by snthesis(m): 1:19pm On Nov 11, 2011
this igbo boiz claiming yoruba names sef angry angry
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by coded777: 1:22pm On Nov 11, 2011
That ibo dude must av masterminded the trip on salah day, bigot. They shld nt av bin caught.
Yoruba and ibo Partners in crime. Nice collabo
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by oludashmi(f): 1:30pm On Nov 11, 2011
No comments today or no bashing
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I'm filled this afternoon
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by BoOOosHBoy: 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2011
icez:

This is marginalization there is no mohammed or aminu. wink

Anyway at last d sw and se agree on something. wink

This should be a lesson to all  tribalist that when there is a will there will always be a way. Goodluck to you. grin grin grin
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by Olumogun: 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2011
its a case of DIVIDED we STAND,
TOGETHER we FALL.
(exactly what I intend to say)
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by ugosly(m): 1:48pm On Nov 11, 2011
All dat quantity and risk for only half a million, damn!!
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2011
snthesis:

pathetic mor.ns angry angry angry angry
coded777:

That[b] ibo dude [/b]must av masterminded the trip on salah day, bigot. They shld nt av bin caught.
Yoruba and ibo Partners in crime. Nice collabo
another ediot angry angry angry
snthesis and coded777 reason like cow and goat respectively  grin grin
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 11, 2011
since they are both 39, it's difficult to say who indoctrinated the other.see the yoruba guy belle, drugs-filled!
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2011
after una go sey aboki no get sense. Hw many aboki u don sey wey dem catch with drugs? them dey do am unto big boys level. na them get this naija. iyamiri and Yoruba dey fall naija hand all the time. shocked shocked
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by snthesis(m): 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2011
seriously the yoruba dude was smarter not to ingest the drugs
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by onyengbu: 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2011
Before I comment, are we sure that Seun and his mods have not written a new code that changes criminal names to be shared equally among igbos and yorubas? tongue

Maybe thats a new way of fighting tribalism on nairaland  grin
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by Pain(m): 1:59pm On Nov 11, 2011
I don't see how going after the peddlers will stem this recurring crime.
What about the drug barons? Cant they just go after the source of supply?
You cant block a spring down stream. You nip it in the bud upstream. Idi*ts!!
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by yomz1e(m): 2:02pm On Nov 11, 2011
Those 2 dont look that they were doing hard labour job in Libya o, I no enuff labourers here there skin dont look that fresh. my guy even they fly polo, and the ibo guy look well off. These two are pro's in this game. 4kin kunts, they will now be boasting and showing off, buying big cars , houses and getting banging hot gyals, i hope they go to prison and get gang rape by inmates there, the ibo guy should get bum rushed 1st as he looks more cleaner  grin grin grin grin.  Also it just come down to Jazz pass Jazz, why these two no speak to Baba Suwe b4 their epic journey?
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by leosskull: 2:08pm On Nov 11, 2011
kudos to NDLEA atleast dem try but like Oliver twist go ask for more,BABA SUWE issue nko? grin
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by redsquare(m): 2:18pm On Nov 11, 2011
snthesis:

You are one funny eeediiioootttt, i dont know when you guys would get it into your skulls that criminals abound in every ethnic group, race.
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by snthesis(m): 2:29pm On Nov 11, 2011
redsquare:

You are one funny eeediiioootttt, i dont know when you guys would get it into your skulls that criminals abound in every ethnic group, race.
agreed, but then its more prevalent in a particular ethnic group tongue
dats why are our forbears marked their kids to differentiate them from the criminally inclined tribes, but nwadays any igbo boi can claim to be yoruba shocked shocked
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by Kx: 2:37pm On Nov 11, 2011
At least NDLEA machines caught real drug traffickers, not d Baba Suwe types
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 11, 2011
nice one from NDLEA
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by snthesis(m): 2:43pm On Nov 11, 2011
Kx:

At least NDLEA machines caught real drug traffickers, not d Baba Suwe types
they were trying to frame a yoruba bruv up angry angry
Re: Two Drug Peddlers Caught At Lagos Airport by redsquare(m): 2:44pm On Nov 11, 2011
snthesis:

agreed, but then its more prevalent in a particular ethnic group
dats why are our forbears marked their kids to differentiate them from the criminally inclined tribes, but nwadays any igbo boi can claim to be yoruba.

Keep deceiving yourself. I guess it was an Igbo boy that deceived Baba Suwe into trafficking drugs. Why are you people always trying to exonerate your ethnic group from every crime. Did you hear any Igbo here whining that the other guy is not Igbo, but some yoruba guys have started saying the yoruba guy is a yoruba wannabe.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNIBEN Final Year Student Gets 19 Years Jail Term For Kidnapping / Court Convicts Job Seeker For Forging Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Signature / Nigerian Girl Burnt To Death In Italy [graphic Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.