Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,006 members, 7,863,634 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:08 PM

An Open Letter To His Excellency,amaopusenibo Siminilayi Joseph Fubara, Ksc, Gss - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Open Letter To His Excellency,amaopusenibo Siminilayi Joseph Fubara, Ksc, Gss (63 Views)

His Excellency, Atiku Abubakar Meets Young Creatives And Entertainers In Lagos. / Engr Oputu Celebrates With Olorogun Jaro Egbo Ksc On His Birthday Anniversary / Over Valuation Of His Excellency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To His Excellency,amaopusenibo Siminilayi Joseph Fubara, Ksc, Gss by Pamod: 7:55am On Feb 19
My Dear Governor Sir,

Please I have decided to write this open letter, believing that it will get to your table,and you will possibly spare some time from your very busy schedules to read it .
Again it is aimed at encouraging you to listen to the voice of true opposition and reason, from the All progressives congress, in the midst of the seeming political crisis in our dear state.
By way of introduction, I am Dr Godpower Egbono,from Emoh Community, ward 8 of Okpeden clan, in Abua/Odual Local Government Area. I am the Leader of Renewed Hope APC Caucus, in Abua/Odual and a Stake Holder of APC Renewed Hope Agenda ,in the State, South South Zone and the National.
Your Excellency Sir, It will interest you to know that I and my fellow APC faithfuls in Abua/Odual Local Government ,and others across the state, under the Leadership of Chief Tony Okocha, Ksc DSSRS JP,(the Acting Chairman of APC), voted for you in the last Governorship Elections.
As a matter of fact, we are also stakeholders in your victory. We have been celebrating your accendency to power as Governor of Rivers State, until the recent crisis between you and your predecessor, HE chief Barr Ezenwo Nyesom Wike, who united Rivers people to work for you
Recall, that we took the greatest risk of sacrificing our loyalty to support your candidacy, by moving against the candidacy of Arc Tony Cole under APC, our own Party. Also in demonstrating our commitment to our alliance with PDP, we mobilised all 48 Tinubu/Shettima support groups in Rivers State, and our entire structure in the state, for you at the Obi Wali International conference centre, in keeping resolutely with the law of reciprocity, in that election.
Just in case you have forgotten, please kindly contact HE Ambassador Desmond Akawo and Chief Emeka Woke, the then PDP Rivers Chairman and Chief of Staff, respectively, who were drafted in by your predecessor, to represent you on that day of open declaration.
Your Excellency Sir, it is pertinent to also remind you that despite several attacks and campaign of calumny from our party, our group did not shy away from congratulating you on your victory, on Television stations, radio, newspapers, etc. And even as you have not favored us, with even a "Waka pass" appointment in your Government, to compensate our huge attempts and efforts, we refuse to go the public to complain, and still supporting you.
What is arousing our curiosity recently, is the unnecessary fight between you and the system that brought you out, especially your recent altercations, that seem to suggest that you have forgotten, the role played by your predecessor,HE chief Barr Ezenwo Nyesom Wike, who laid all the foundations for your candidacy, and gave his best to support you.
Recall that It was through the vision of HE chief Barr Ezenwo Nyesom Wike, for a united Nigeria with equity and fairness,and a better Rivers State, at the centre, that PDP and the Jagaban faithfuls (APC) led by Tony Okocha, came together to work for you. It was a sort of political merger that united APC and PDP for the unity and progress of Rivers State.
Your Excellency,dont also forget , that it was through Wike's Leadership prowress and his stance on integrity, that Rivers people came together at the polls to produce you at the state ,and Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu,as President at the federal level.Through the implementation of his reciprocity philosophy "agreement is agreement" Rivers State is today proudly at the centre,with lots of dividends already visible.
Sir,I have decided to recall these narratives to remind you that, the All progressives congress (APC) currently under the Leadership of Chief Tony Okocha, is a major stake holder in the affairs of the governance of our dear State,as well as the federal government.
As loyalists to Mr President and the Hon Minister of the federal capital territory, who worked collaboratively to win power both in the state, and the federal, I find it difficult to understand, why obeying Mr President and your former boss(Wike ),to fully implement an agreement you entered with them, is posing a challenge to you sir.
The foot dragging in the full implementation of the peace agreement seem to suggest that,you have forgotten the synergy of purpose during the elections. It is suggesting that you are throwing our philosophy of reciprocity to the wind,and now giving listening ears to the mediocres and sycophants,who abandoned you during the elections.
It sounds ironical that those who stood against your candidacy,are now ganging up to instigate you to disobey the system that brought you to power, and I appeal that you harken to the voice of good reasoning and fairness, and beat a retreat, in the interest of enduring peace and unity in our state.
Your Excellency Sir, I think it is time you realize that the All progressives congress(APC), mean well for you and Rivers people, and I encourage you to jettison the sentiments ,and distractions and listen to voice of true opposition from the All progressives congress.
Please note that when the party is advising you to respect the proclamation of Mr President,in the resolution of the political Crisis in the state, it is doing so for the overall interest of Rivers people who voted you into power.The party, by doing so, is sending a signal, that apart from being an opposition party in the State, with rights to challenge actions of government,when necessary, it cannot sit to see the state Government disobey the Leader of the party and President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,whose mandate we protected and stood for.
If during the elections,we worked together with synergy, irrespective of our Party lines, it will be honourable if you can reflect that perfect alliance, and keep your own part of the agreement,by respecting the parties to that agreement.
This is exactly what the recent media campaign from the All progressives congress is seeking to achieve
I am appealing your Excellency, that the pronouncements by the acting Chairman of the APC, Chief Tony Okocha in recent times, should not be misconstrued by you sir.The party through its leadership, is only reminding you to go back to fully implement the 8-points peace accord brokered by Mr President, including the representation of the state budget to the House of the fully constituted Rivers State House Assembly.
Your Excellency sir, it is the right thing to do, in order not to be confrontational to our President, giving room to unnecessary hitting of the polity
It is glaring that the senseless fight being orchestrated by selfish politicians,is ostensibly halting development in our State. And as opposition party who had a stake in your emergence, APC cannot stand akimbo and do nothing when our only dear State, is heading for the dungeon.
Sir ,there is need for you to look beyond sentiments and listen to the voice of true opposition, coming from All Progressives congress (APC),as stake holders in the governance of our dear state.

Thank you sir, for your time.

I remain,
Dr Godpower Egbono
Leader Renewed Hope APC, Abua Odual LGA
Writing from Port Harcourt

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Home Renovation And Modernisation And We Make And Sell Innovative Furniture / Unlocking Opportunities: A Glimpse Into The Certificate Of Sponsorship / Millionaire Promo With Itel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.