Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Honest Review: Drake Take Care - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Honest Review: Drake Take Care (1017 Views)

Honest Review Of Game's "Jesus Piece" / My Honest Review: Lil' Wayne: Carter 4 / Game - The Red Album Review (my Honest Review) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honest Review: Drake Take Care by WPBandit(m): 9:38pm On Nov 10, 2011
My honest review of Drizzy Drake Rogers CD

I think it's actually very damn good.

http://www.thewidowspeakbandit.com/2011/11/honest-album-review-take-care.html
Re: Honest Review: Drake Take Care by BoOOosHBoy: 6:50am On Nov 11, 2011
Where can i download his album
Re: Honest Review: Drake Take Care by UncleJJ(m): 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2011
its here somewhere smiley
Re: Honest Review: Drake Take Care by amblors(m): 7:59pm On Nov 13, 2011
9.5/10? Album of the year? for real? did you listen to Phonte? or Evidence?
and this is better than J. Cole's?

are you rating it as a rap album or a musical project,
i did listen to 4songs at random and shyt was weak.
Re: Honest Review: Drake Take Care by abagoro(m): 10:31pm On Nov 13, 2011
This same guy scored Wale very low.This album might be forced down our throat with money but honestly you will fall asleep half way through.I downloaded it two weeks ago.The best song is track 2 "Shot For Me" and he added a techno with Rihanna on the title track.Is this a hip-hop album? No way.He took a sample of P-squares "Who dey here" in track 4 "Crew Love".

It might sell but is no way a hip-hop album like Wale, J. Cole ,Watch The Throne and Bad Meets Evil.
Re: Honest Review: Drake Take Care by WPBandit(m): 11:03pm On Nov 15, 2011
Lol

Amblors,

I am rating the most highly anticipated hip hop/r&b/rap albums so far. Out of the 5 or 6 I rated so far I think this one is the best. In terms of the rapping, I think it's good. However, the reason I gave it such a high rating is because of the quality of music. (beats, collabs, concepts, structure) it blows out Wale, Lil' Wayne and J.Cole in my opinion. So i'm pretty much looking at the total package. I'm also trying to be extremely unbiased.

abagoro

I've been listening to Wale for 7 years, and i'm also from the DMV area so they shoved his music down our throat. The quality of music he's putting out now is nowhere near impressive at all. He was more innovative before he blew up. The Wale album is just not that good. It seems rushed, it doesn't flow and the quality of it is subpar. On one of the chorus he continously says "Who they talkin' Wale" What they something Wale" How the hell is that music? lol your so lazy that all you're saying is your name as a chorus? thats weak

I am judging by quality of music, beats, concepts, musical structure and time put in. And in that case Drakes album is by far superior. I don't really like the red album, but looking at it in a unbiased way I can't deny the effort and quality of music. Therefore I rate it high. 

Wale's Album is one shade higher than a mixtape in terms of quality. Matter of fact nobodies even talking about it anymore honestly.

But I do appreciate you guys reading my reviews.
Re: Honest Review: Drake Take Care by Abagworo(m): 1:13am On Nov 16, 2011
Yeah you are right on quality of Wale's album being far below expectation but what matters is that he was not singing.He was not b**ching.Drake's album has high quality laid back production but is no way a Rap album.He is part of hip-hop killers.

One song on Wale's album;"Ambition"(The title track) floors all songs on Drake's album.J.Coles "Dollar And a Dream" also floors all tracks on Drake's album.

Drake will sell but not A milli like Lil' Wayne.I might give him a 1st week gold but none of his songs will be remembered in 5 years.

In YMCMB, Cory Gunz's the man.In Maybach its Meek Mills.
Re: Honest Review: Drake Take Care by WPBandit(m): 4:00pm On Nov 16, 2011
Ambition is definitely one of the best songs on the Wale CD. Meek Mills absolutely killed That first verse. but I agree Wales Album is more of a RAP album, which people gotta appreciate. but he has too many dumb songs,  " that stupid ass song where he keeps saying his name on the chorus (Double M Genius). "getting geechy on her?" "Slight Work" That's complete nonsense/garbage music lol

I agree with you that meek mills is the best in Maybach music He's the only one who actually keeps it real.

As far as Cory gunz, You're on your own on that one lol I've heard a good amount of Cory and I ain't impressed at all.

(1) (Reply)

Serious Gbedu: Like This Track,feel Da Groove / @sarkodie Dispels #illuminati Rumours With New Single - Illuminati / Kanye West Shows D’banj The Exit Door From G.O.O.D Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.