Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,611 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

True Fasting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / True Fasting (57 Views)

The True Fasting / RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 / Biafra: Anambra Church Declares 40-Day Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

True Fasting by topshore(f): 6:35pm On Feb 20
Scripture Text: Isaiah 58: 5-14

The Bible talks about how God sees true fasting, which is different from the kind of fasting that most Christians do today. In His words, it is real fasting.

Our Scripture text today shows that even though many Christians fast a lot, they are not fasting the way God wants us to.

How should we really fast?

God Himself said what a true fast was in Isaiah 58. To really fast, we need to: -

1.Get rid of the chains of injustice by blaming others and talking badly about them;

2. Spend our time and money to help those who are hungry; - Meet the needs of those who are being mistreated.

3. We should not step on the Sabbath and should not do what we want on God's holy day. We should honor the Lord by not going our own ways.

4. Not do what we want or say meaningless things

5. We should feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and share our food with the poor who are moving around without a place to stay.

6. We shouldn't turn away from our own families.
God makes promises to people who fast in a real way.

God Has promised to do a lot of good things for Christians who fast in the right way.

- Our light will shine like the dawn;
- Our healing will come quickly;
- Our righteousness will go before us;
- The glory of God will protect us;
- We will call on Him, and He will answer;
- We will ask for help, and He will give it to us;
- Our light will rise in the darkness;
- Our night will become day;
- The Lord will always lead us;
- He will meet all our needs in a land that is scorched by the sun;
- We'll be known as "Repairer of Broken Walls" and "Restorer of Streets with Dwellings."
- We'll be happy with the Lord. He will make us ride on the heights of the Lord.
- We'll eat the inheritance of our Lord Jesus Christ

"The mouth of the Lord Has spoken"

Brothers and sisters, have we been fasting against God's will? We need to think about who we are and ask God to show us how to please Him.

Also, now is the best time to accept Christ as your Lord and Saviour if you have not yet accepted Him into your life, because tomorrow might be too late.

Just say this short prayer: "Lord Jesus, I come to You now. Come into my life, rule it, and make it better." I'm leaving the devil behind. The Kingdom of Light is now open to me. Thank you, Lord. I ask this in the powerful name of Jesus. Amen!"

Congratulations!!!

God bless you, in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ!

Peace!

(1) (Reply)

Live With Integrity At Home / Solution Encounters / The Bliss In Serving God From The Days Of Your Youth (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.