Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,567 members, 7,861,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:20 PM

You Yourself(2) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Yourself(2) (55 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Yourself(2) by AdetoyeAyomikun: 9:32pm On Feb 20
Still on consecration, and I said it's being SET APART, that is, being different, not like others.

Talking about personal consecration, it's also an important aspect for all believers, leaving aside the consecration of being set apart from the worldly system.

There is a type of consecration that is personal, and it's important that this type should not necessarily be preached to all. You can maybe enforce it to your mentee or people under you, but this type is not for everyone.

There are some things I do that determine what I will become or what I am becoming. These things are personal and may not be necessary to tell others.

If you find yourself fasting for a particular time every month, it's good, but this does not conclude that you are more powerful or righteous than others who don't.

And for all believers, somethings should be in our lives. Not that it necessarily means you're righteous or makes you above others, but they are just to be done for your growth.

This will lead us to talk about indoctrination. Like I will say, everyone who will be trained must be indoctrinated.

In the next part of this series, let's talk about indoctrination, with the understanding that the doctrines of our churches don't make us the most righteous, but they are necessary for our growth and how to balance most doctrines with the scriptures so we won't be swept away.

See you there ☺️

(1) (Reply)

Don't Doubt God / Armed For Spiritual Warfare (2) / Morning Digest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.