Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times (35871 Views)

Forex Crisis: FG Plans Clampdown On Binance, other Crypto Firms - Premium Times / Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times / FG Blocks Mobile Payment, Telecoms Network Access To Online Loan Firms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by keymatt(m): 9:13pm On Feb 21
Make them bane the internet join finish with all the VPNs.
White power govt grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by CyberWolf: 9:13pm On Feb 21
StOla:
Good!

A country that does not know economic security will learn the hard way like Nigeria is doing now.

Nigeria needs to reach out and learn from countries that have mastered the art of economic control and economic security.

In Nigeria anything goes.

Some even think it is their fundamental right to save up dollars inside Nigeria.

Left to me anyone who is not getting foreign remittances into their domiciliary account, should have any dollars they have stacked up till now, converted at a rate of $1 = N1.

If you have stacked up $20,000 within Nigeria, my government will convert it to N20,000 for you.

It is obvious you have more than enough to be contributing to the economic terrorism that is going on within the country, so we will help you with a conversion tax that will make you love your own Naira.

Na now the government begin wake up that you do not show mercy to wicked Nigerians.
You guys always like burying your heads in the sand without tackling the main problem. How will blocking crypto exchanges save the naira? It’s a mere cosmetic measures that postpones the doomsday. Announce a proposed pegging of dollar to naira say $1 to N400 and also a proposed ban of BDC throughout the country and watch exchange rate collapse massively in Favor of Naira.
People speculate and hoard dollars because they have a market where they will round trip and make profit. Remove that market and watch those doing that stop because it won’t be lucrative again because there is no market for it. Of course they won’t do it because they are the real culprits.
Politicians and their cronies in banking sector in connivance with BDC are the ones speculating and killing the Naira. They collect forex from CBN, hoard it and speculate, pushing the rate high and then offload it through their cronies in BDCs, and the repeat the same again and again. FG should ban BDCs, peg dollar to Naira a very low rate and mandate all transactions involving forex to be done in the bank. Those hoarding forex will dispose it immediately.
USA just approved bitcoin ETF recently, ETH ETF to follow soon, other countries around are gearing up with policies on how to key in into the future of digital currencies while Nigeria continue moving backwards with inconsistent policies while shying away from tackling the main rot. Buhari banned cryptocurrency and did that stop Nigerians from crypto trading? Brainless and visionless leaders with brainwashed and bigoted supporters.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by lexy2014: 9:14pm On Feb 21
eteebanky1:
This is commendable

I totally support this ban

This same people trading crypto are the same unfortunate people blaming the government for incompetency

Fools

Nice one from the government

are crypto platforms the reason why the dollar has become so expensive?

is it today the crypto platforms started to exist?

is the government competent?

5 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by blackgold2018(m): 9:14pm On Feb 21
kcprince:
How come the app is still working ?

This is another bad move against the naira. Because it u cannot hedge against inflation with usdt any more I will have no choice than to use physical dollar to hedge and I believe others previously hedging with usdt will do same. Now tell me what will eventually happen to the black market rate? Your Guess is as good as mine.

Our leaders don't understand demand and supply, currency
are you surprised. APC only uses media and propaganda to operate.

5 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by Borrow222: 9:14pm On Feb 21
eteebanky1:
This is commendable

I totally support this ban

This same people trading crypto are the same unfortunate people blaming the government for incompetency

Fools

Nice one from the government

You guys are brainless.

I will remind you by Saturday the exchange rate after the blocking.

10 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by DeLaRue: 9:14pm On Feb 21
NOwazobia:
I don't understand your point, they should not trade crypto?

There is no fundamental right to trade crypto.

Many countries have banned crypto.

Nigeria can ban it if it wants. Of course banning will not stop it, but it will push the activities underground with the likely result that only the most passionate traders will continue trading it.

If people know they face 15 year jail term for illegal trading, many will stop trading. Only the extremists will continue trading.

The Nigerian government has more levers it can pull. If extreme levers are needed, it can apply them and there's nothing speculators can do. They can cry to the UN, AU, FIFA, Girls Scout or any body they like.

4 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by Elliotwaveforec: 9:15pm On Feb 21
Ban anything bannable and achieve exchange rate unification.

No more dual exchange rates!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by vizboy(m): 9:16pm On Feb 21
They should ban everything.. Even ban people froom traveling. Idiots in power

2 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by TruthsFM: 9:16pm On Feb 21
Achor1111:

Remember when they blocked Twitter 🤣🤣🤣
they open it back after 9 months. Cardoso will further destroyed Nigeria economy

2 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:16pm On Feb 21
On Tuesday, Binance disabled sell option for its Nigerian users, blocking them from selling fiat currency, USDT, on the platform. It also capped the buy option to $1802 for Nigerian users.

It also disabled purchase of cryptocurrencies via P2P for its Nigerian users, leaving those who might want to sell their crypto assets such as Bitcoin, BNB, Ethereum via P2P stuck.

3 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by nyabinghi(m): 9:17pm On Feb 21
StOla:

Many like you actually do not want a solution.

You just yap day and night hungry for more economic downfall.
they are igbos

5 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by lexy2014: 9:17pm On Feb 21
StOla:
Good!

A country that does not know economic security will learn the hard way like Nigeria is doing now.

Nigeria needs to reach out and learn from countries that have mastered the art of economic control and economic security.

Some even think it is their fundamental right to save up dollars inside Nigeria.

Left to me anyone who is not getting foreign remittances into their domiciliary account, should have any dollars they have stacked up till now, converted at a rate of $1 = N1.

If you have stacked up $20,000 within Nigeria, my government will convert it to N20,000 for you.

It is obvious you have more than enough to be contributing to the economic terrorism that is going on within the country, so we will help you with a conversion tax that will make you love your own Naira.

Na now the government begin wake up that you do not show mercy to wicked Nigerians.

who is responsible for the economic insecurity in Nigeria?

what is the "art of economic control and economic security"?

if you say "In Nigeria anything goes", who is most of guilt of this impunity?

who are the "Some that think it is their fundamental right to save up dollars inside Nigeria"?

why is NPA asking Nigerians to use dollars to carry pay for services at the NPA?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by lexy2014: 9:18pm On Feb 21
StOla:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUZ5eYhc4BM
Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by Kenneth4u205(m): 9:18pm On Feb 21
The can only ban it in Nigeria newspaper's. I'm currently trading now

5 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by imagrg(m): 9:18pm On Feb 21
They are just using the country to test-run stale momentary theories.
My country, a guinea pig?

1 Like

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by badoh(m): 9:18pm On Feb 21
Ulogwe1:
With VPN someone can be anywhere they want. These guys are so daft.
Shut up and know how to control your mouth. You can criticize policies but calling them daft is unwarranted as if you don't have parent as well.

6 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by RodgersAkpafu: 9:18pm On Feb 21
StOla:

The solution is staring at the govt in the face

Stop fiscal recklessness and hike rates well.

As long as excess liquidity is in the system; the naira will continue to die

3 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by Macgyver1: 9:19pm On Feb 21
This is bullshit, federal government should unabm this exchanges o. VPN ways

1 Like

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by lexy2014: 9:19pm On Feb 21
DeLaRue:

There is no fundamental right to trade crypto.

Many countries have banned crypto.

Nigeria can ban it if it wants. Of course banning will not stop it, but it will push the activities underground with the likely result that only the most passionate traders will continue trading it.

If people know they face 15 year jail term for illegal trading, many will stop trading. Only the extremists will continue trading.

how is crypto responsible for the economic problems Nigeria is experiencing right now?

3 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by Achor1111(m): 9:20pm On Feb 21
TruthsFM:
they open it back after 9 months. Cardoso will further destroyed Nigeria economy
What happened before they opened it?
Were people not using Twitter?
Even government officials were using VPN too.

3 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by lexy2014: 9:20pm On Feb 21
RodgersAkpafu:

which "excess liquidity" are you talking about?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by grandstar(m): 9:20pm On Feb 21
Omohayek was correct.

This man was not qualified for this post.

Frankly speaking, the only thing that can stop this downward trend of the Naira is for the CBN to raise interest rates and display an anti-inflation zeal.

It must become extremely hawkish regarding inflation.

1 Like

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by olax02(m): 9:20pm On Feb 21
gaby:
Clutching at straws...

Make dem go block VPNs na

Dull, brainless people in power.
Which Binance? Because me still dey Ball for Binance ooo. Even though dey block am, we go use VPN. Cashout continue.. grin

4 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by FireUpNow(m): 9:21pm On Feb 21
MrPADDY:
But VPN, RDP, Socks5 and co are still available.

You are da bomb! We can always hide our arse with those tools without the knowledge of those dumb arse crew. I dey laugh in my native language in Delta.😄😀

1 Like

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by Lifemanage: 9:21pm On Feb 21
StOla:
Good!

I wish government de read this points here. In the interest of the country, I personally sold my dollars. If I want to save or protect my funds, better to buy assets and commodities within the country. It's so sad how Nigerians hate themselves. How do u speculate against Ur currency or country? We are not different from the wicked politicians

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by Elliotwaveforec: 9:21pm On Feb 21
RodgersAkpafu:

You guys don't read news or what? The government is aiming for a single exchange rates; government doesn't want parallel market again, simple.

1 Like

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by PDPdestroyer(m): 9:23pm On Feb 21
They shouldn't stop at that, they must compel binance to delist the NGN/USDT pair. That will be the final nail

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by Ulogwe1: 9:23pm On Feb 21
badoh:

Shut up and know how to control your mouth. You can criticize policies but calling them daft is unwarranted as if you don't have parent as well.

Come and hold my mouth. I dey my house.

Or you are among them?
Because, these guys are daft and clueless.

Like these, my other phone is connected to America VPN. Where will location show? No be America?

They are daft and clueless. Come and hold me.

3 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by olax02(m): 9:23pm On Feb 21
Felimax:
Makes it all the more interesting!

We are in Nigeria but we can choose to be anywhere, do you get?
Yes Boss...VNP Loading....

3 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by Bananapill: 9:23pm On Feb 21
StOla:
Good!

EKPA

Politicians are the ones hoarding dollars. Your president have dollars in excess.

7 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by Flier: 9:24pm On Feb 21
Binance isn’t blocked,if China and India could not successfully blocked Binance I bet Nigeria will fall woefully at it.

4 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by lexy2014: 9:24pm On Feb 21
nyabinghi:
they are igbos

lets see something from the yoruba camp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUZ5eYhc4BM

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Some African Countries Currencies (pictures) / Mikhail Fridman Leaves LetterOne Investment Fund / Rental Business - How Profitable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.