Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria (36595 Views)

Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time / Kevin Akpoguma: FIFA Approves Ex-German Youth Star’s Switch To Nigeria / FIFA Approves New Football Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by fergie001: 11:24am On Feb 23
FIFA has approved Arthur Okonkwo's nationality switch. The 22yr Old Arsenal Goalkeeper, who is currently on loan at Wrexham is now Eligible to represent the Super Eagles of Nigeria. 🇳🇬⚽️

SOURCE

Arthur Chukwuezugo Okonkwo (born 9 September 2001) is an English professional football player who plays as a goalkeeper for EFL League Two club Wrexham, on loan from Premier League club Arsenal.

Born in London, Okonkwo began his career at Hampstead Academy before moving on to Lindus Park,[4] where he joined the Arsenal academy as an eight-year-old in 2009.

He had earlier spent loan spells in Crewe Alexandra, Sturm Graz and currently, Wrexham

Okonkwo represented England at under-16 and under-17 levels, then debuted for the under-18s two days before his birthday.

Okonkwo has a younger brother, Brian, who also plays as a goalkeeper in Arsenal's academy.
©Wikipedia

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by God1000(m): 11:26am On Feb 23
This is commendable, I like his patriotism and love for Nigeria.

119 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by chigoziri2403(m): 11:28am On Feb 23
There would be more nationality switches in the near future

Foreign remittance at work

Very soon watching the super eagles would be like watching a champions league side

I expect the likes of Ross barley, Curtis Jones
Michael olise, destiny Udogie etc to join us

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by seeker121(m): 11:29am On Feb 23
Nice one.

9 Likes

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by VeryWickedMan: 11:29am On Feb 23
Nwabali needs my help.

174 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by unity004(m): 11:29am On Feb 23
Normal people will appreciate his decision to switch to Nigeria but that wickedness man will call him another omeruo at Chelsea. This i have seen

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Evergreen4(m): 11:29am On Feb 23
Once they notice they don't have chance in their country of birth, they quickly switch allegiance to their parents country.

Abeg NFF should look inward and give local players chance to play and develop.

94 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Discountsempai: 11:29am On Feb 23
I doubt they may call him up.

Wrexham is a League 2 club. Yes, the owners have high ambitons, but since we have two or three goalies who play first league football in the countries where they are based, looking at someone from League 2 is a big ask.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by SaturnNick(m): 11:30am On Feb 23
Good one
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by lifeandjoy: 11:30am On Feb 23
God bless all well meaning Nigerians and punish the druggie and his crew.

6 Likes

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by stano2(m): 11:31am On Feb 23
Nice
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Onyeigbo10000: 11:31am On Feb 23
Hope he's good as nwabali

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by oluwaseyi0: 11:31am On Feb 23
Congratulations
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Agbadocassava: 11:31am On Feb 23
Nobody can displace our Nwabali

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by seunlayi(m): 11:31am On Feb 23
I think our Gk problem since Enyeama left is resolved. Its all let for our coaches

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by pacino26(m): 11:32am On Feb 23
A true Patriot. But his village pipu finally got to him very early. He is leaving a system where merit and capacity is valued to a system at the pinnacle of NEPOTISM. I wish him luck

3 Likes

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by stano2(m): 11:32am On Feb 23
Discountsempai:

Wrexham is a League 2 club. Yes, the owners have high ambitons, but since we have two or three goalies who play first league football in the countries where they are based, looking at someone from League 2 is a big ask.
I think with time, his time will come.

10 Likes

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by OLamylove: 11:32am On Feb 23
Nice one
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by missionmex(m): 11:33am On Feb 23
Discountsempai:

You never can tell

3 Likes

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by cescky(m): 11:33am On Feb 23
igbos

keeping nigeria safe since time immemorial...

igbos the hedge against islamisation of nigeria

12 Likes

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Goodday90(m): 11:33am On Feb 23
They call us emergency lover of Nigeria but if you notice more Igbo born outside the country prefer Nigeria while their people always rejects Nigeria
Yet we are the emergency lover of Nigeria while they are the real lovers of Nigeria
No body is more Nigerian than an Igbo person

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by baby124: 11:33am On Feb 23
Evergreen4:
Once they notice they don't have chance in their country of birth, they quickly switch allegiance to their parents country.

Abeg NFF should look inward and give local players chance to play and develop.
Local players must have priority. I agree.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by tiswell(m): 11:33am On Feb 23
Igbos👌

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by SoNature(m): 11:34am On Feb 23
Dude is coming to take a position that is not vacant grin

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Discountsempai: 11:34am On Feb 23
missionmex:

You never can tell

Well, they did call up George Abbey over ten years ago, and Abbey was playing in League 2 at the time, so possible (though Abbey was too good for league 2, really).

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by money121(m): 11:34am On Feb 23
Seen
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by baby124: 11:35am On Feb 23
Goodday90:
They call us emergency lover of Nigeria but if you notice more Igbo born outside the country prefer Nigeria while their people always rejects Nigeria
Yet we are the emergency lover of Nigeria while they are the real lovers of Nigeria
No body is more Nigerian than an Igbo person
Abroad has never shown them any love like japarians want you to believe. So they hold on to their identity tight. Since they have seen real hatred and racism since they were born.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Barteze: 11:35am On Feb 23
Discountsempai:

Did you note his age? Or you only think of super eagles?

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by meum: 11:35am On Feb 23
Hmm
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by BewareOf419: 11:35am On Feb 23
BREAKING NEWS!

FIFA Approves FRANCIS UZOHO's Nationality Switch To AFGHANISTAN 🇦🇫

21 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibrahimovic Snubbed Pitch Invaders, Opposition Player, Got People Talking / Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi / Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of World Cup(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.