Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,859 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

"No Be All Youth Dey Do Yahoo - Portable Tackles EFCC - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "No Be All Youth Dey Do Yahoo - Portable Tackles EFCC (281 Views)

Man Tackles A Lady Who Accused Him Of Trying To Touch Her Right Breast / Lady Tackles Man Who Fondled Her Breast Inside A BRT Bus In Lagos (Photos) / Life Of A Yahoo Boy: Man Reveals Why People Do Yahoo Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"No Be All Youth Dey Do Yahoo - Portable Tackles EFCC by sunnyelevates(m): 11:36am On Feb 27
Nigerian musician Portable has warned the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to desist from targeting innocent youths over their source of wealth.

The musician, known for his outspokenness, during an interview on Assorted Podcast encourages the agency to stop trying to intimidate and apprehend innocent youths and residents under the pretense of fighting cybercrime.

Portable highlighted the misunderstandings about the youth population, particularly their engagement in fraudulent activities such as internet fraud, often known as Yahoo Yahoo in Nigeria.

The artist stressed that not all young people interested in profitable companies were involved in cybercrime, cautioning against making the broad assumption that every successful youth is a Yahoo kid.

According to the artist, many young people are honestly hustling and working to make ends meet through authorized ways.

Portable expressed his dissatisfaction with law enforcement agencies’ indiscriminate targeting of young Nigerians, urging the EFCC to use caution and discernment in its activities, rather than indiscriminately portraying every young person as a criminal.

https://www.trendsline.online/2024/02/no-be-all-youth-dey-do-yahoo-portable.html

1 Like

Re: "No Be All Youth Dey Do Yahoo - Portable Tackles EFCC by MALLEOLUS2017(m): 12:20pm On Feb 27
That's true. In as much as I hate Yahoo of all forms including Yahoo from the Govt, I must say that I concur with Portable. Not every successful youth is a beneficiary of Yahoo. But then, as a youth you can't be successful with no source nor verified means and you expect not to be paraded by EFCC.
Re: "No Be All Youth Dey Do Yahoo - Portable Tackles EFCC by JobZoneNews(m): 12:41pm On Feb 27
That is quiet correct. Not all youth are doing yahoo.

I want to encourage people in top places to put together programs to help our youth. We presently have that where we help the youth to learn the art of writing and selling books and also film making. We believe when they are well engaged and taught skills they will not embrace crimes.

We have decided to add values to every youth we meet
Re: "No Be All Youth Dey Do Yahoo - Portable Tackles EFCC by Benalemi224: 6:22pm On Feb 27
Freelancers, content creators, graphic designers, affiliate marketers are not yahoo boys
Re: "No Be All Youth Dey Do Yahoo - Portable Tackles EFCC by Johnwrite(m): 7:59am On Feb 28
That is absolute true

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Almost Hypnotized By Scam Artists. / Ondo Motorcycle Riders Protest Police Extortion / Court Remands Fulani Herdsman In Prison For Murder, Arms Possession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.