Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works (467 Views)

Does Anyone Know What Righteousness By Faith Means? / What Is The Difference Between The Righteousness By Faith And Righteousness By W / Saved By Grace But Preserved By Works. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by topshore(f): 11:38am On Feb 27
Scripture Text: Galatians 9:15-33

What does it mean to seek righteousness by faith?

Paul says in Romans 9 that we should seek righteousness through faith instead of works.

What then shall we say? That Gentiles who didn't try to be righteous have already reached it—that is, righteousness by faith—but that Israelites who tried to follow a law that would make them righteous failed to reach that law. Why? Because they didn't do it out of faith, but because they thought it was based on works. The tripping block has been stepped on. –Romans 9:30–32 ESV

First, it's helpful to know what the Bible says about what it means to be good. When we talk about English, being righteous usually means being decent and honest. Someone has to do this on their own. That being said, Paul had a different idea than people who spoke English. According to the Bible, to be righteous means to be in good terms with God. Being moral is a part of righteousness, but it's not the most important thing. What matters is our relationship with God. Knowing this background helps explain the issue Israel was having. The people of Israel were trying to win the right to stand in front of God by being good. They failed at this. You can't earn a good position with God by being good in and of yourself.

It makes sense to wonder how we can even try to reach righteousness (right relationship) if we can't even work toward it. It's possible if you believe in Jesus.

Paul goes on to say:
Romans 10:8–13 says, "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart." This means that the word of faith that we preach is close to you. You will be saved if you say that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead. Because when you believe in your heart, you are justified, and when you admit with your mouth, you are saved. "Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame," says the Bible. There is no difference between a Jew and a Greek; the same Lord rules over everyone and gives his wealth to anyone who calls on him. Because "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
This verse tells us that it is possible to be right with God. Not because of what you do, but because of your faith in Jesus Christ. People who call on the Lord's name are saved. This faith is still going strong. Anyone who believes in and claims Jesus Christ can get it. Everyone can have faith! God wants to have a good relationship with us, not because we are good people. He is already working in us to make that happen. His word is close to us and inside us.

Pursuing justice through faith is the same thing as following Jesus Christ. The people who believe in him will not be shamed, that's what they say.
Faith isn't something that someone agrees with in their head once and is done with. Instead, faith is relying on the Lord Jesus Christ all the time.

How is faith different from works?
It means putting our trust in Jesus instead of ourselves. Faith is always focused on Christ. With Jesus, we know that we will always be right with the Father. We believe that Jesus can change us into his likeness.

In Deuteronomy 30, Moses wrote about this kind of hope. He did this with the help of the Holy Spirit. Paul thought about this text and used parts of it in Romans 10. We learn in Deuteronomy 30 that faith is not too hard or out of reach for us.
We have it in our mouths and hearts, so we can follow.
It's in front of us.
It is based on God (Christ). We should love God, follow his rules, and do what he says.
This is something we can give up if we stop depending on God or let ourselves be pulled away from him.
You can choose. We are told to choose life, because the LORD is our life.

Romans 10 and Deuteronomy 30 are interesting because they describe faith in a way that is very similar to the Arminian view of faith. Faith is not something that only a few people have and most people don't know about. Faith is possible for everyone, though, because God wants to be right with everything he made. Faith in Jesus is not out of reach for us because God has worked in us to make it possible. It really is open to everyone.
To be good by faith means to choose to trust Jesus Christ instead of ourselves. Not because of what we've done, but because of who we are. He'll never let us down.

God bless you in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ! Amen!

If you would like to give your life to Christ just say this short prayer:

Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You now, come into my life and change my world. I say bye bye to the devil, I enter into the Kingdom of Light. Thank You Jesus! In Jesus name I pray, amen.

Congratulations!!!

Peace!

Also read:https://wesleyanarminian./2009/08/18/pursuing-righteousness-by-faith/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:43pm On Feb 27
Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for the evident demonstration of reality even though they are not seen! Hebrews 11:1

Works is activities having to do with laws or written codes meant to fulfill a conventional task as noticed by observers

So Paul is talking about Christians in Galatia, this people were limping between two opinions whether to join other Christians in doing God's will as taught by Christ Jesus or to merge the two together by practicing what Judaists does in the temple! Galatians 3:1-3

So faith in Christ Jesus has nothing to do with the works of the Mosaic laws no human can fulfill what the Mosaic laws says completely that's why it's a curse {Galatians 3:10} God told their ancestors that He will later write His laws in their hearts {Jeremiah 31:33} this can only be possible if they're to look onto a human who perfectly did God's will and God Himself declared such a person approved! Matthew 17:5

By so doing faith in imitating such a person will save them from the curse of the laws that no one can perfectly practice! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by Ken4Christ: 2:23pm On Feb 27
MaxInDHouse:
Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for the evident demonstration of reality even though they are not seen! Hebrews 11:1

Works is activities having to do with laws or written codes meant to fulfill a conventional task as noticed by observers

So Paul is talking about Christians in Galatia, this people were limping between two opinions whether to join other Christians in doing God's will as taught by Christ Jesus or to merge the two together by practicing what Judaists does in the temple! Galatians 3:1-3

So faith in Christ Jesus has nothing to do with the works of the Mosaic laws no human can fulfill what the Mosaic laws says completely that's why it's a curse {Galatians 3:10} God told their ancestors that He will later write His laws in their hearts {Jeremiah 31:33} this can only be possible if they're to look onto a human who perfectly did God's will and God Himself declared such a person approved! Matthew 17:5

By so doing faith in imitating such a person will save them from the curse of the laws that no one can perfectly practice! smiley

The will of God is to believe in Jesus. This is where the journey of your faith begins. You must believe he died for you. You must also believe that God raised him up from the death. Finally, open your mouth and confess him as your Lord and Savior - Romans 10:9-10.
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:46pm On Feb 27
Ken4Christ:

The will of God is to believe in Jesus. This is where the journey of your faith begins. You must believe he died for you. You must also believe that God raised him up from the death. Finally, open your mouth and confess him as your Lord and Savior - Romans 10:9-10.

That is what all members of Jehovah's Witnesses organization believes so learn what each phrase means!
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by Ken4Christ: 4:12pm On Feb 27
MaxInDHouse:

That is what all members of Jehovah's Witnesses organization believes so learn what each phrase means!

Why are you lying to your teeth? You know that your organization says that Jesus did not rise from the dead bodily. So, you don't believe that God raised him from the dead.

You don't even teach that people can be saved through the process of believing and confessing Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:23pm On Feb 27
Ken4Christ:

Why are you lying to your teeth? You know that your organization says that Jesus did not rise from the dead bodily. So, you don't believe that God raised him from the dead.
You don't even teach that people can be saved through the process of believing and confessing Jesus.

Guy if you're seeking attention i'm not ready for that nonsense this afternoon.

I told you we believe that Jesus resurrected and that he is both Lord and Christ to us.

So if you need further explanation go and ask JWs in your neighbourhood! undecided
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by Ken4Christ: 8:00pm On Feb 27
MaxInDHouse:

Guy if you're seeking attention i'm not ready for that nonsense this afternoon.

I told you we believe that Jesus resurrected and that he is both Lord and Christ to us.

So if you need further explanation go and ask JWs in your neighbourhood! undecided

I have your book, You can live forever in paradise on earth. So, I know what I am saying. Do you want me to quote from the pages of the book?

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:14am On Feb 28
Ken4Christ:

I have your book, You can live forever in paradise on earth. So, I know what I am saying. Do you want me to quote from the pages of the book?
Did you study it with JWs to know what the book is saying or you just read with your Hellfire doctrine thought?
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by Zaheertyler(m): 9:05am On Feb 28
Op which kin wahala be this one
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by Aemmyjah(m): 9:18am On Feb 28
Ken4Christ:

Do you have any sense?
You'll rather believe someone that says Abraham's bosom has been turned into hellfire cos that tickles your ear
Jesus gave up his perfect life and body for us
That was the temple that was torn down
And he was raised on the third day
Why then did his disciples not recognize him when he appeared to them including his female disciples?
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by Ken4Christ: 12:48pm On Feb 28
Aemmyjah:

Do you have any sense?
You'll rather believe someone that says Abraham's bosom has been turned into hellfire cos that tickles your ear
Jesus gave up his perfect life and body for us
That was the temple that was torn down
And he was raised on the third day
Why then did his disciples not recognize him when he appeared to them including his female disciples?

It's possible to stand before someone you know and not recognize it's the person. Usually it happens when you are so much engrossed in thoughts that you almost loose touch with your environment.

It happened to me once. I traveled and came back. I was greeted by my twin brother and I looked in his direction, answered him and didn't know he was the one. It was a few seconds later I realized he was the one.

So, please look for something else to defend your lies. There is no single scripture that suggest that Jesus left his body behind. His body was transformed. And the scripture says that our bodies will be transformed too.
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by Ken4Christ: 12:52pm On Feb 28
MaxInDHouse:

Did you study it with JWs to know what the book is saying or you just read with your Hellfire doctrine thought?

You make me laugh. Don't worry. I am just very busy. But I will expose all the lies in your book very soon. I am sure it will be published before the end of the year.
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by Aemmyjah(m): 1:05pm On Feb 28
Ken4Christ:

It's possible to stand before someone you know and not recognize it's the person. Usually it happens when you are so much engrossed in thoughts that you almost loose touch with your environment.

It happened to me once. I traveled and came back. I was greeted by my twin brother and I looked in his direction, answered him and didn't know he was the one. It was a few seconds later I realized he was the one.

So, please look for something else to defend your lies. There is no single scripture that suggest that Jesus left his body behind. His body was transformed. And the scripture says that our bodies will be transformed too.

The woman who was one of those who came everyday to spice his body and only on sabbath that she could not go
Just about 24 hours of not seeing his face could not recognize him
What of the disciples
What of Cephas

If u lose your best and you were with the body and after a whole day, you saw him, you won't recognize him?
De play
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by Steep: 1:17pm On Feb 28
MaxInDHouse:

you can't put your faith in Christ when you deny his deity.
Secondly you don't do faith, jws believe in works based salvation.
You don't put your faith in christ if you believe your good morals, membership of jehovah witness organization and good works in general is what will save you on judgment day.
Jehovah witness follow a spirit that masqades as angel Micheal not Jesus.
Putting your faith in false christ is worse because you are deeply decieved.
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by Zaheertyler(m): 1:57pm On Feb 28
Ken4Christ:

Lol
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by AntiChristian: 2:17pm On Feb 28
Faith and no works came after Jesus!

Jesus preached Faith with Works in your Bible!
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:17pm On Feb 28
Steep:
you can't put your faith in Christ when you deny his deity.
Secondly you don't do faith, jws believe in works based salvation.
You don't put your faith in christ if you believe your good morals, membership of jehovah witness organization and good works in general is what will save you on judgment day.
Jehovah witness follow a spirit that masqades as angel Micheal not Jesus.
Putting your faith in false christ is worse because you are deeply decieved.

Why are you this aggressive?

Well FAITH without WORKS is DEAD! James 2:26
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by Steep: 3:15pm On Feb 28
MaxInDHouse:

Why are you this aggressive?

Well FAITH without WORKS is DEAD! James 2:26
works can't save you, no matter your zealousness in serving for jehovah witness organisation, good morals, or fine works, it counts for nothing before God.
What counts before God is only the finished work of christ on the cross, faith in Jesus alone is what saves a man.
Faith in Jesus plus works will land you in hell!
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:36pm On Feb 28
Steep:
works can't save you, no matter your zealousness in serving for jehovah witness organisation, good morals, or fine works, it counts for nothing before God.
What counts before God is only the finished work of christ on the cross, faith in Jesus alone is what saves a man.
Faith in Jesus plus works will land you in hell!

Nevertheless, someone will say: “You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.” You believe that there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder. But do you care to know, O empty man, that faith without works is useless? James 2:18-20

Argue with the Bible! smiley
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:38pm On Feb 28
Ken4Christ:

You make me laugh. Don't worry. I am just very busy. But I will expose all the lies in your book very soon. I am sure it will be published before the end of the year.

Even atheists, agnostics, Muslims and Judaists have published countless books about Jesus of Nazareth, has it stop everyone from believing in Jesus? smiley
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by Aemmyjah(m): 5:11pm On Feb 28
MaxInDHouse:

Even atheists, agnostics, Muslims and Judaists have published countless books about Jesus of Nazareth, has it stop everyone from believing in Jesus? smiley

Don't mind him
Let him belive books that says that Abraham bosom has catch fire
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:20pm On Feb 28
Aemmyjah:

Don't mind him
Let him belive books that says that Abraham bosom has catch fire

He's the funniest religionist on this forum the dude will continue threatening everyone with Hellfire but who are those that agree with him regarding faith?
Nobody! smiley
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by Aemmyjah(m): 6:09pm On Feb 28
MaxInDHouse:

He's the funniest religionist on this forum the dude will continue threatening everyone with Hellfire but who are those that agree with him regarding faith?
Nobody! smiley

Happily for him, he's the only one going to heaven

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:57pm On Feb 28
Aemmyjah:

Happily for him, he's the only one going to heaven
grin
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by Ken4Christ: 9:15pm On Feb 28
Aemmyjah:

The woman who was one of those who came everyday to spice his body and only on sabbath that she could not go
Just about 24 hours of not seeing his face could not recognize him
What of the disciples
What of Cephas

If u lose your best and you were with the body and after a whole day, you saw him, you won't recognize him?
De play

They did eventually recognized him. Like I said, the event of his death was so shocking and that was the talk of the Town. And they were not expecting to see him. You know that most of the Jews have resemblance because of their dress culture. This is why those who arrested Jesus needed a disciple to identify him.

Repent from your lies that cannot be substantiated with scriptures. Rather, there are too many evidences against your lies.

Even Jesus said, 'destroy this temple and I will raise it in three days'. And the scripture says it was referring to the temple of his body.

I am really shocked on how dumb the adherents of JW are. They don't even use their senses.
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by Ken4Christ: 1:27am On Feb 29
MaxInDHouse:

No one can go against the truth. Jesus is the truth. But lies doesn't endure forever. Your lies will be exposed.
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by Aemmyjah(m): 6:41am On Feb 29
Ken4Christ:

They did eventually recognized him. Like I said, the event of his death was so shocking and that was the talk of the Town. And they were not expecting to see him. You know that most of the Jews have resemblance because of their dress culture. This is why those who arrested Jesus needed a disciple to identify him.

Repent from your lies that cannot be substantiated with scriptures. Rather, there are too many evidences against your lies.

Even Jesus said, 'destroy this temple and I will raise it in three days'. And the scripture says it was referring to the temple of his body.

I am really shocked on how dumb the adherents of JW are. They don't even use their senses.

Jesus gave his life and body for mankind and took it back shey
Mr sense
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:50am On Feb 29
Ken4Christ:

No one can go against the truth. Jesus is the truth. But lies doesn't endure forever. Your lies will be exposed.

You've been exposed already as you can't find any group of worshipers practicing what you want to claim as Christianity! smiley
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by Ken4Christ: 11:17am On Feb 29
Aemmyjah:

Jesus gave his life and body for mankind and took it back shey
Mr sense

Life of the flesh is in the blood. And it is the blood that makes atonement for sins. His blood has been shed. The glorious body he resurrected with has no blood. His new life is not sustained by blood. It is sustained by the Spirit of God.

This is why he told Thomas that a spirit has no flesh and bones. He didn't say, flesh and blood.

So, the new body of Christ has no blood. But it has flesh and bones.
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by Ken4Christ: 11:20am On Feb 29
MaxInDHouse:

You've been exposed already as you can't find any group of worshipers practicing what you want to claim as Christianity! smiley

We don't practice Christianity because it's not a religion. We live the Christ life in us. Christ has become our life. He lives in us and we manifest his life and character on a daily basis.
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:22pm On Feb 29
Ken4Christ:

We don't practice Christianity because it's not a religion. We live the Christ life in us. Christ has become our life. He lives in us and we manifest his life and character on a daily basis.

LIAR!

Jews residing in Antioch saw and recognized a group of RELIGIONISTS and they remembered that these religionists are PRACTICING what the man called "CHRIST" laid down that's why they called them "CHRISTIANS" Act 11:26 smiley
Re: Pursuing Righteousness By Faith Not By Works by Aemmyjah(m): 12:38pm On Feb 29
Ken4Christ:

Life of the flesh is in the blood. And it is the blood that makes atonement for sins. His blood has been shed. The glorious body he resurrected with has no blood. His new life is not sustained by blood. It is sustained by the Spirit of God.

This is why he told Thomas that a spirit has no flesh and bones. He didn't say, flesh and blood.

So, the new body of Christ has no blood. But it has flesh and bones.

You're ridiculous

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christ Is On Earth Physically / Reyginus The Loquacious And Belligerent Pharisee, Do You Believe The Bible ? / The Power To Recover From Sickness (how To Recover From Sickness)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.