Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Mtn Breaks World Record - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mtn Breaks World Record (584 Views)

Chinese Chamber Of Commerce In Nigeria Breaks Silence On Abuja Supermarket / Nigerian Lady Breaks Her Piggy Bank / Man Breaks His Piggy Bank After Saving For 10 Months & Saw This (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Breaks World Record by kettykin: 10:08am On Mar 01
trillion
EBITDA margin decreased by 4.5 percentage points (pp) to 48.7%
Net loss for the year has resulted in a depletion of its retained earnings and shareholders’ fund to negative N208.0 billion and N40.8 billion, respectively
Other updates MTN Nigeria communicated that due to the substantial currency devaluation and its repercussions on retained earnings, the Directors will not propose a final dividend payment, given the resultant loss for the year ended December 31, 2023.

However, it is important to note that MTN Nigeria had on July 27, 2023, approved interim dividends of N117.48 billion for the year ending December 31, 2023, amounting to N5.60 kobo per ordinary share.
MTN Nigeria Communications Plc (MTNN) closed at N222.90 on the last day of February, representing a year-to-date (YtD) loss of 15.6% for shareholders.
Shareholders’ worries are compounded by the fact that MTNN has lost 19% of the stock’s value from February 1st to date.
MTN also stated that despite the losses, they maintained strong free cash flow generation (up 11.6% YoY to N631.6 billion).
Company Commentary: “2023 witnessed a very challenging operating environment characterised by rising inflation, currency devaluation and foreign exchange shortages, complicated by geopolitical disruptions and cash shortages in Q1 arising from a redesign of the naira.
Re: Mtn Breaks World Record by kettykin: 10:10am On Mar 01
It seems the game has begun, I forecasted this last year and I was called a Lagos hater

1 Like

Re: Mtn Breaks World Record by Kukutenla: 10:17am On Mar 01
I still don't understand how NSE was growing in leaps and bounds with all its numbers positive yet companies listed on it are declaring losses.

Can someone make it make sense pls

3 Likes

Re: Mtn Breaks World Record by LadyExcellency: 10:20am On Mar 01
If this continues. Multinational companies trading in naira will withdraw from Nigeria. There is no magic wand to sustain a dollar-based balance sheet in a floated valueless currency like the present-day Naira.
Re: Mtn Breaks World Record by jetwonder(m): 10:25am On Mar 01
grin grin grin
Another tiff tiff company from south African

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Breaks World Record by hisgrace090: 10:32am On Mar 01
The heat is everywhere.
Sorry to Nigerians.
Re: Mtn Breaks World Record by easzypeaszy(m): 10:45am On Mar 01
Yet dey paid workers peanut
Salary increament a shame.
MTN customer care are not paid upto 200k
Re: Mtn Breaks World Record by Northernblood7(m): 11:25am On Mar 01
An idiot posted this "Another tiff tiff company from south African" on a social media somewhere

Your brain is part of the problem we have in this country.

In Church when a drunken pastor comes and say we should pray for the country, I always pray that God reduce the population of idiots in this country. I have never see a progressive country where majority of them na MUMU
Re: Mtn Breaks World Record by Artscollection: 2:25pm On Mar 01
Kukutenla:
I still don't understand how NSE was growing in leaps and bounds with all its numbers positive yet companies listed on it are declaring losses.

Can someone make it make sense pls

Devalued naira is the yeye statistics they are celebrating!!
Re: Mtn Breaks World Record by dangoteinlaw: 3:52pm On Mar 01
Na statistics we go eat

(1) (Reply)

For Corporate Organizations And Individuals. / Catfish For Sale In Lagos And Ibadan / Nigerian Banks Palavar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.