Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods (39949 Views)

Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun / Garba Nasiru: Bandits Kill Customs Officer In Katsina (Photos) / Owode Residents Vow To Kill Customs Officers After They Killed Seven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Magnumproperty: 4:46pm On Mar 01
Every region has that bad smuggler. IBD Dende needs to change his ways
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Toluwanise247(m): 4:47pm On Mar 01
santakris:
Empty threats
Eku ti pe ….. you mean empty threats …. Okay. When Tinubu say some people are feeding on subsidy. Nigeria has been in trouble for many years ago . Some are big than law at every level.

1 Like

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Ensa777(f): 4:50pm On Mar 01
Amayanabo01:
Can he threaten the Nigerian army like this? You dey claim right unto smuggled goods, well I don't blame you because the head is rotten.

Indeed .He was on the list of Tinubus private entourage for the recent Cop23 Dubai congerence

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by chicfarmer: 4:51pm On Mar 01
This Fisayo Soyombo is pure gold as an investigative journalist. He is as good as any in the world.

If Nigeria is a country that wants to survive the Controller General and others implicated in this report should be fighting for their jobs right now. This is an opportunity for the president to send a clear message.

PS: Please this Fisayo Soyombo must be protected at all cost. He may be targeted o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by o123456789(m): 4:51pm On Mar 01
The smuggler's name (IBD) reminds me of the native vowel sounds ( Abidi A N, Fili Kisi Gbi). Nigeria has a long way to go!!! Thanks FIJ, the number one investigative journalism outlet in Nigeria.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Smokedetector: 4:52pm On Mar 01
Someone should check cop 28 list for this man's name first grin

How will the economy balance when there are leakages everywhere with powerful people involved in this mess.

1 Like

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Ensa777(f): 4:53pm On Mar 01
DeLaRue:
The police can arrest the man threatening someone 's life, investigate and charge him to court accordingly.

The evidence is there on the video.

The claim that a senior customs officer is involved in smuggling rice should also be investigated, and if found to be true, the man should be dismissed from Customs.

Aso Rock should take up these matters as a matter of urgency. The local police can't be trusted to do the right thing here.

Examples need to be made of characters like these.

The man threatening in the video was on the private entourage of the president for the recent Cop23 climate summit.

Who's gon make the examples.your president?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Anatolia: 4:53pm On Mar 01
Unless the goods being smuggled are counterfeit, all seized goods should be released to the owners once they pay the fines. The confiscation of people’s property and selling it for ridiculous prize is criminal as far as I am concerned. Also, custom should charge very little on imported products as this will discourage smuggling and increase revenue.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Dalohad: 4:54pm On Mar 01
Nigerian Customs- the most corrupt abd rotten federal parastatal..

All the officers have pot bellies..Even the junior officers and other ranks..Hand in gloves with smugglers.

Even the comptroller-general has his own products that he smuggles into the country.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:54pm On Mar 01
nairalanda1:

I don't think obi can clean out the rot in customs.

Customs has been rotten for decades. Decades

Whoever wants to, CAN

I'm not saying he's clean, but do you know how the customer officials at Seme fear the former DG of custom boss, Hameed? As in, mentioning his name alone, you'll see the visible fear in their body... It spells from the fact he was a former military man or so, hence the news about him was that he no send you, and can practically do and undo

I've crossed the border severally when rumour had it he was going to come...even when rumour had it he had sent some people undercover to report on erring officials

If someone like that wanted to sanitise customs, trust me, he would... All he had to do was start from one location and continue from there
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:56pm On Mar 01
Nigeria where executive criminals are celebrated. The only criminals tolerated in this country are the ones with connection to government officials. Government don't recognise them as criminals because they are accessible to powerful buttons to press that will acquit them of every crime.
Nothing will happen and nothing will change after this because those into it have government backing
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:56pm On Mar 01
SoNature:

This video will expose his activities. Dem go treat him fvck up. No single Nigerian, no matter how highly placed or dreaded, is more powerful than the Nigerian government.

I believe for most of these "rich" men, as long as their Bleep up never surface, they can act bigger than life... But once their Bleep up surfaces, especially where it's against government, Na then them go humble
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Dalohad: 4:56pm On Mar 01
ProudNigerian01:
I am astounded at the audacity.

Thank God this has gotten to social media, let's see how Customs and Police will react to this.

Meanwhile,

Ever wondered how someone who has always been known to be very calm suddenly commits murder?

Or a partner who has never looked outside suddenly becomes a chronic cheat?

The answer is in the heart. Seeds were sown overtime and its germination is what you are seeing.

Prov.27.19 - As in water face reflects face, So a man's heart reveals the man.

You too can do the unthinkable if you allow seeds of sin and evil to be sown in your heart.

Therefore, be careful of what you look at, read, hear and think.

Prov.23.19 - Hear, my son, and be wise; And guide your heart in the way.

The comptroller-general Wale is clearly hands in gloves with IBD..
If Nigeria is a working country. Wale should be kicked out of the office, before sunset, while investigations continue.

1 Like

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by MoonWater: 4:58pm On Mar 01
Threatened a government official
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by nairalanda1(m): 5:01pm On Mar 01
Yampotatocarrot:

Whoever wants to, CAN

I'm not saying he's clean, but do you know how the customer officials at Seme fear the former DG of custom boss, Hameed? As in, mentioning his name alone, you'll see the visible fear in their body... It spells from the fact he was a former military man or so, hence the news about him was that he no send you, and can practically do and undo

I've crossed the border severally when rumour had it he was going to come...even when rumour had it he had sent some people undercover to report on erring officials

If someone like that wanted to sanitise customs, trust me, he would... All he had to do was start from one location and continue from there

You don't know Nigeria customs

To clean that place is going to take several years of sustained effort, and it has to include mass education of Nigerians as to why smuggling is evil

3 Likes

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by RickyJesus: 5:02pm On Mar 01
tensazangetsu20:
I just pity people wey don born sha grin grin
They call you ask for assistance? Pity yourself.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by nigeriansamurai(m): 5:04pm On Mar 01
Very nice opening of ynash. Investigative journalism should be supported in Nigeria. investigative journalists (like sahara reports) need to learn the importance images and videos, so that corrupt offical will find it hard to gaslight... secondly we can see that our royal fathers and elders are part of our problem in Nigeria. A monarch actually made a disclaiming letter on the behalf of IBD. We dont have good elders in our land. One of the reason Nigeria cannot move foward is because we love celebrating liars. why many monarchs cannot act against evil in their land is because they have sold their voices.

2 Likes

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by ivandragon: 5:06pm On Mar 01
This is a litmus test for the government.

The civil society have done thier part by exposing the corruption, now its up to government to take further action.

Until this country is run without having sacred cows, progress cannot be made.

1 Like

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by seunayantokun(m): 5:06pm On Mar 01
Amayanabo01:
Can he threaten the Nigerian army like this? You dey claim right unto smuggled goods, well I don't blame you because the head is rotten.

Because soldiers can shoot and kill at will?
Well, all of them are compromised and rotten within.
We don't support smuggling but the rice you eat is 80 per cent smuggled
Otherwise hunger would have slaughtered everyone in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by TripleA1: 5:11pm On Mar 01
Kudos to the undercover journalist.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by vizboy(m): 5:11pm On Mar 01
When the head is rotten. What do you expect?
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by frankyychiji(f): 5:12pm On Mar 01
BarrElChapo:
So this IBD Dende that Olamide sang about is an actual person. Never knew lol
Is Elchapo an actual person? There lies the answer.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by frankyychiji(f): 5:14pm On Mar 01
aribisala0:
I hope TInubu will fight him to ruin
Kokokokoko grin
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by SALIMAN(m): 5:20pm On Mar 01
rice is costly, you are [color=#006600][/color] this ass
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:21pm On Mar 01
nairalanda1:

You don't know Nigeria customs

To clean that place is going to take several years of sustained effort, and it has to include mass education of Nigerians as to why smuggling is evil

I believe you're trying to be modest... Not just mass education, it'll also involve death, as in some people will have to die, even some custom officials

I still believe where there's a will, there's a will

Funny thing, on a normal day, the custom officials are really hardworking (atleast the ones at Seme border), and very fun to be with... Plus they show great respect to young guys, and will NOT harass you... You fit sidown gist with them sef, them go buy food for you

You should also see the way they treat old women, you'll love them more...

I don't know of other borders o, I can't say about those on the road to Seme o, but you see those at Seme border itself, kudos to them

1 Like

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by GenFunction: 5:23pm On Mar 01
Rotten system.Too bad.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by ibechris(m): 5:24pm On Mar 01
See how custom bosses too dey load trailers kai.

That is too much now.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by kayyyy44: 5:27pm On Mar 01
Even me I thought it was a slang🤣😂
BarrElChapo:
So this IBD Dende that Olamide sang about is an actual person. Never knew lol

1 Like

Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Jlow2: 5:33pm On Mar 01
Imagine the smuggler is Igbo and threatened to kill the officer, dsss sss police army will be on convoy in search of him, we re watching
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by Krankhead: 5:33pm On Mar 01
deedo93:
Our investigative journalists have really upped their game. Kudos for this revelation
That's what we cal investigative journalism unlike the idiots on Arise TV relying on what is trending in online gossips. If all the Arise staff are in America they would have been in jail.and bankrupt
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by seunayantokun(m): 5:34pm On Mar 01
o123456789:
The smuggler's name (IBD) reminds me of the native vowel sounds ( Abidi A N, Fili Kisi Gbi). Nigeria has a long way to go!!! Thanks FIJ, the number one investigative journalism outlet in Nigeria.
He has done a good investigation and reported well. But he needs to be told he has to be wiser. One, you don't fight a war the government and its officers are not fighting. Two, Smuggled rice is on the plate in more homes in Nigeria than 'unsmuggled' rice is. In fact, it is part of the saving grace in this 'ebi n pa wa' time. So, who the story helps? Three, investigative journalism helps to ensure rule of law, justice, and protect a nation or country and its people or peoples. We need to see what purpose the report has served in the context of today's Nigeria. That bloke is taking an unnecessary risk. People are hungry and you are investigating food smugglers? You are on your own.
Re: IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods by airsaylongcome: 5:34pm On Mar 01
Anatolia:
Unless the goods being smuggled are counterfeit, all seized goods should be released to the owners once they pay the fines. The confiscation of people’s property and selling it for ridiculous prize is criminal as far as I am concerned. Also, custom should charge very little on imported products as this will discourage smuggling and increase revenue.

Your recommendations just lack any atom of intellectual rigour. How the hell would smuggled goods be released after payment of fines? Then where is the disincentive to smuggle? And lower import duties will increase revenue? How I beg you? How?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FED Poly Ado-Ekiti Student Commits Suicide Because Of An Extra Year (graphic) / Fulani Man Killed By Mambilla Militia, Corpse Buried In Bush. Graphic Pics / Kwara State University Student Beats Lady For Not Agreeing For His Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.