Stats: 3,158,082 members, 7,835,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs (20468 Views)

Ghana’s Central Bank Suspends FX Licenses Of GT Bank And First Bank / FG Approves 173 Loan Apps, Bars Illegal Online Banks / FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism (2) (3) (4)

Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by jiz: 7:39pm On Mar 01
Good development
Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by lexy2014: 7:41pm On Mar 01
theamazonguru:

That failure is the tonic they need to be gingered to face the problem frontally.

Now they have the guy to tell whosoever wishes to confront them to go to hell, as they need to do what needs to be done to get the economy working and the country back to her feet.

Glorious days ahead.

which guy do they have to tell whosoever wishes to confront them to go to hell?

what is it that they need to do to get the economy working?

why did they fail in the first place and why didnt they do what needs to be done to get th economy working al this while?
Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by Dalohad: 7:41pm On Mar 01
Okoyiboz3:

Reminds me of when the former AGF posted a screenshot of his phone and crypto trading logo was on the notification panel.

If this country was a sane country. The corrupt buffoon called Abubakar Malami should be languishing in jail.

It befuddles me that the man is still walking freely. An AGF that bought a N100 million house for one of his youngest sons..

Malami, Buhari and Emefiele re-looted the Abacha loot. Why he has been left to enjoy his loot is shocking. Are Fulanis untouchable?
Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by fuckJones(f): 7:41pm On Mar 01
Bluearrow:

Who be this?? Lol
You don't have brain I swear!
You think binance is registered under CAC & operates from Nigeria? Your govt has already done their worse which is to block them, they have nothing more on binance
Between me and youwho has no brain? why did USA stop binance operation since 2019?

Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by LeeMason(m): 7:41pm On Mar 01
What sort of enforcement plan has the cbn put in place? What's the guarantee they won't still continue trading USD on every corner street and junction. ?

Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by waveman2: 7:43pm On Mar 01
I have always said if any govt can come in and tackle our forex problem then it would have solved 70% of our problem.I am happy tinubu is doing just that.

emkz:

It was the parallel market that operated without any regulation.

When banks refused to fulfill their fx obligations to customers, they referred customers to the BDCs and until today, there has been no explanation for the spike of dollar exchange rate which happened in the BDCs.

No central bank can afford to lose control of the market. Like I argued, floating the currency is not equivalent to floating the market. You do not trade dollars like you trade guguru and ekpa where all sorts of himan beings access dollars without trace.

Countries like Japan, the US and in the EU where their currencies are floated, BDCs are heavily regulated so that every forex trade can be traced. It was not the case with Nigeria.

Like an economist argued, Nigeria's exports exceeded her imports in the last year, which meant there was supposed to be dollar liquidity in the system. Where are the dollars?

They disappeared through the BDCs.

There is a possibility that more than $100billion cannot be found.

Also recall that Yemi Cardoso said $26billion went through binance without trace. If these things happen in certain countries, people would be quietly assassinated.
Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by lexy2014: 7:43pm On Mar 01
eddynaira125:
CBN Dey Vex

With the way the Apex Bank is going, one have to very careful, Tinubu is a clown, but you see his team from chief of staff to minister and down to DG in various parastatals are dangerous, though I was surprised for the early failures the govt witnessed

who is CBN vexing for?

if Tinubu is a clown, how then are the people working for him better than him?

how are his chief of staff down to DG in various parastatals dangerous?

which DGs are you referring to?

is it Tinubu that appointed DGs?
Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by emkz: 7:44pm On Mar 01
Theunbothered:

There's nothing but air in your skull if you believe binance handheld 26 billion dollars. 100 billion dollars is a QUARTER of Nigeria's entire gdp and you think it's trading though one app that caused the naira to turn to shit.

"Went through" is the phrase I used. But in your rush to peddle your hare-brained thinking, you claimed I said binance held $26billion.

Now my bank account analytics tells me I have done transactions worth 6.8 million naira between October 2023 and today. In your hare brain, you'd interpret that to mean that I have 6.8 million naira in my account.

Return your degree to the university that awarded it to you and go and register to become a prostitute.

Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by waveman2: 7:46pm On Mar 01
If binance was allowed in the US the dollar would have been rubbished in that country.Just compare what Bitcoin is trading to a dollar,there is so much manipulation.They are here to kill most of the world currencies but nigeria didn't realize it on time till it got bad.

fuckJones:
Between me and youwho has no brain? why did USA stop binance operation since 2019?
Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by Bluearrow: 7:47pm On Mar 01
fuckJones:
You keep exposing your stupidity further!
What brings USA into this??
You said your NSA is waiting for the names of binance users? After your govt has already blocked binance? You are very dumb! You think binance is NNPC? Your head is empty
Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by waveman2: 7:50pm On Mar 01
Not through banks but regulated BDC.we don't have to have many of them licensed.I agree with the new cbn guidelines.I wouldn't suggest bank because bank executives are culprits and manipulators.

chronique:
Lovely. CBN revoking licenses of over 4,000 bureau de change is a very good step in sanitizing this forex market. The era of aboki that doesn't have a single formal education, controlling the sales of naira and dollar, must stop. Sanitize the system totally and let forex be traded properly through the banks.

Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by Great0ne1: 7:54pm On Mar 01
fuckJones:
Now that the NSA has requested for the list of all the Nigerian users on Binance; heads would roll and cut across! May every saboteur and enemy of Nigeria be pull down on their knees🙏
You are a complete idiot . So you were hiding under the rocks, when tinubu was sharing dollars during apc primary election and election campaign ? Binance has been banned and from what am hearing, the p2p has been stopped as well. But guess what ? Naira has resumed its free fall. Who knows who will be blamed next by the fools you have as government.

Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by Bluearrow: 7:55pm On Mar 01
waveman2:
If binance was allowed in the US the dollar would have been rubbished in that country.Just compare what Bitcoin is trading to a dollar,there is so much manipulation.They are here to kill most of the world currencies but nigeria didn't realize it on time till it got bad.

What of those countries that allowed binance, why haven't their currencies turned to rubbish? Binance has been in Ghana for how long, why is their currency not falling? You people lack brain, reason govt easily fool & manipulate u people. USA case with binance got nothing to with affecting their currency. Thoughtless policies, years of corruption, excess naira printing & no production is what is affecting your currency. All the big exchanges in the world like coinbase are domiciled in the US, why is the US dollar not affected? Alot of u youths are brainless in this country. Mind you, bitcoinn does not trade with dollar, but any currency u choose to rate it with! You people are empty upatairs, this currency issue just made me realize this
Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by emkz: 7:57pm On Mar 01
Bluearrow:

Who be this?? Lol
You don't have brain I swear!
You think binance is registered under CAC & operates from Nigeria? Your govt has already done their worse which is to block them, they have nothing more on binance

They can be taken to an International Court of Arbitration or taken to the local courts where the company is registered.

They can also be reported to the United States SEC and if it is proved that they used the dollars in trade manipulation, the US SEC can impose even heavier fines.

If they refuse to pay, regulators can raid their bank accounts and seize the funds if a judge gives the order.

A country imposing fines on a company is serious.

When Nigeria had issues with Shell and ENI over OPL 245 or so, Italian prosecutors raided ENI offices.

You can hate Nigeria all you want, but never underestimate the reach of Nigeria when it comes to enforcing certain things.

Have you ever wondered how Nigeria caught Nnamdi Kanu from exile?

Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by fuckJones(f): 7:57pm On Mar 01
Great0ne1:

You are a complete idiot . So you were hiding under the rocks, when tinubu was sharing dollars during apc primary election and election campaign ? Binance has been banned and from what am hearing, the p2p has been stopped as well. But guess what ? Naira has resumed its free fall. Who knows who will be blamed next by the fools you have as government.
There is nothing bad with sharing dollar,
Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by SKYHIGHfx: 7:57pm On Mar 01
Theunbothered:

You people are so dumb I swear

This guy are paid agents, don't bother replying them
Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by Bluearrow: 7:59pm On Mar 01
Great0ne1:

Don't mind them
They didn't know the effect was piling, now we are seeing the results, they are blaming binance. All throughout the elections period, all politicians were disbursing dollars, these fools didn't know the politicians were ruining the value of naira. The clueless govt will soon come for Facebook & YouTube to be responsible for naira fall

Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by waveman2: 8:01pm On Mar 01
You keep saying thoughtless policies,years of corruption,have there been corruption in Nigeria since the time of obasanjo how come the dollar never nose dived the way it did during the buhari/tinubu regime.I am not saying these doesn't affect the nose diving of the naira against the dollar but currently we have manipulators.Have you heard of the word pump and dump on the internet.Go learn.

Bluearrow:

What of those countries that allowed binance, why haven't their currencies turned to rubbish? Binance has been in Ghana for how long, why is their currency not falling? You people lack brain, reason govt easily fool & manipulate u people. USA case with binance got nothing to with affecting their currency. Thoughtless policies, years of corruption, excess naira printing & no production is what is affecting your currency. All the big exchanges in the world like coinbase are domiciled in the US, why is the US dollar not affected? Alot of u youths are brainless in this country. Mind you, bitcoinn does not trade with dollar, but any currency u choose to rate it with! You people are empty upatairs, this currency issue just made me realize this

Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by ChenHao23: 8:02pm On Mar 01
Most of you are actually naive on the operations of the forex market.
Quote me anywhere BDCs contributed nothing to the free fall of naira.
Engage me and I'll educate you.
emkz:
I joined many other Nigerians to call on regulations and deregistering many of these BDCs.

Unfortunately, the BDCs are a fraction of the problems. We need to also go after the owners of those BDCs who work in the CBN, ministries, customs and even among the political class.

The cleansing must be holistic.
Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by Bluearrow: 8:03pm On Mar 01
emkz:

They can be taken to an International Court of Arbitration or taken to the local courts where the company is registered.

They can also be reported to the United States SEC and if it is proved that they used the dollars in trade manipulation, the US SEC can impose even heavier fines.

If they refuse to pay, regulators can raid their bank accounts and seize the funds if a judge gives the order.

A country imposing fines on a company is serious.

When Nigeria had issues with Shell and ENI over OPL 245 or so, Italian prosecutors raided ENI offices.

You can hate Nigeria all you want, but never underestimate the reach of Nigeria when it comes to enforcing certain things.

Have you ever wondered how Nigeria caught Nnamdi Kanu from exile?
You wrote absolute nonsense!
You think binance don't have the right lawyers? You don't like Nigeria more than me, we are only different because I still have my brain & won't defend any failure of a govt. The worst Nigeria govt can do is to block them, which they have already done. So long binance do not continue operations in Nigeria, I tell u your govt can't do shit!
Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by AngelicBeing: 8:06pm On Mar 01
Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by blaise26abj(m): 8:07pm On Mar 01
Finally!!!!!!!! Watch how a section of the country will start hating him . They are already rejecting the power rotation system because suddenly they are at the receiving end .

Naira will rise again . Next is make it difficult for those keeping dollars at home to exchange it . Let them panic with the dollars in their homes .

Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by ChenHao23: 8:07pm On Mar 01
With this news, watch as Naira will lose all the gains it made this week.
FreeStuffsNG:

Lobatan.
All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose.
May God bless Omo Cardoso, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by emkz: 8:10pm On Mar 01
Bluearrow:

You wrote absolute nonsense!
You think binance don't have the right lawyers? You don't like Nigeria more than me, we are only different because I still have my brain & won't defend any failure of a govt. The worst Nigeria govt can do is to block them, which they have already done. So long binance do not continue operations in Nigeria, I tell u your govt can't do shit!

If you do have a functional brain, you won't be nudged to keep repeating that you have a brain. I mean, it's like we have legs and we have to keep telling people that we have legs. I can't engage in that level of peddling low self-esteem with you.

It is clear that you have no clue how these things work in international arbitration and even if I keep explaining it to you, you'd only respond with insults because your brain does not have the capacity to argue intelligently beyond insults.

I leave you to your limitations and immaturity. But to help you, go into prostitution. You'd be shocked to realize the level of information an average prostitute can give you to help your life.

Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by Bluearrow: 8:10pm On Mar 01
waveman2:

You keep saying thoughtless policies,years of corruption,have there been corruption in Nigeria since the time of obasanjo how come the dollar never nose dived the way it did during the buhari/tinubu regime.I am not saying these doesn't affect the nose diving of the naira against the dollar but currently we have manipulators.Have you heard of the word pump and dump on the internet.Go learn.

Shut up your trap & go read!
You guys are too empty upstairs!
Do you know how much dollars have been borrowed since your party took over in 2015 till now which cannot be accounted for?? All these borrowing & looting plunged our nation into serious debt by your party! Our crude oil export has been queued up to pay debt for money your party borrowed & unable to account for! The nation reserve is almost zero, who is to be blamed?? Your govt sold the word manipulators to u guys to cover up the mistakes they have made. Binance is in Ghana, why are they not manipulating Ghana cedis? Think with your head!
Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by emkz: 8:12pm On Mar 01
ChenHao23:
Most of you are actually naive on the operations of the forex market.
Quote me anywhere BDCs contributed nothing to the free fall of naira.
Engage me and I'll educate you.

So who manipulated the exchange rate?

What economic activity led to the spike?

And can you tell me anywhere in the world where BDCs are not regulated?

Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by racerve(m): 8:13pm On Mar 01
fuckJones:

Binance operates in the US. It's just a different entity: binance.us instead of binance.com
Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by Bluearrow: 8:14pm On Mar 01
emkz:

If you do have a functional brain, you won't be nudged to keep repeating that you have a brain. I mean, it's like we have legs and we have to keep telling people that we have legs. I can't engage in that level of peddling low self-esteem with you.

It is clear that you have no clue how these things work in international arbitration and even if I keep explaining it to you, you'd only respond with insults because your brain does not have the capacity to argue intelligently beyond insults.

I leave you to your limitations and immaturity. But to help you, go into prostitution. You'd be shocked to realize the level of information an average prostitute can give you to help your life.
Still complete nonsense!
Binance is present Ghana, why are they not manipulating the Ghana cedis? Your party has plunged this nation into serious hardship & u moronns still come online to spew trash, instead of holding your govt accountable.
Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by waveman2: 8:14pm On Mar 01
Mumu who told you the Ghana cedis have not been devalued.They even had to remove 2 zeros from their currency yet it's still falling.you through insult and talk like a drunk.

Bluearrow:

Shut up your trap & go read!
You guys are too empty upstairs!
Do you know how much dollars have been borrowed since your party took over in 2015 till now which cannot be accounted for?? All these borrowing & looting plunged our nation into serious debt by your party! Our crude oil export has been queued up to pay debt for money your party borrowed & unable to account for! The nation reserve is almost zero, who is to be blamed?? Your govt sold the word manipulators to u guys to cover up the mistakes they have made. Binance is in Ghana, why are they not manipulating Ghana cedis? Think with your head!

Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by emkz: 8:15pm On Mar 01
Bluearrow:

Still complete nonsense!
Binance is present Ghana, why are they not manipulating the Ghana cedis? Your party has plunged this nation into serious hardship & u moronns still come online to spew trash, instead of holding your govt accountable.

How old are you?
Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by Phineky: 8:17pm On Mar 01
emkz:

"Went through" is the phrase I used. But in your rush to peddle your hare-brained thinking, you claimed I said binance held $26billion.

Now my bank account analytics tells me I have done transactions worth 6.8 million naira between October 2023 and today. In your hare brain, you'd interpret that to mean that I have 6.8 million naira in my account.

Return your degree to the university that awarded it to you and go and register to become a prostitute.
angry angry
I wanted to reply him actually but arguing with people like Theunbothered?
Hell no!! grin

Re: CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs by Metrofox(m): 8:19pm On Mar 01
fuckJones:
apart from insults what else do you learn from your mother

ask her yourself, you're her grandchild.

Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions / Amazon Mechanical Turk Questions And Answers / Shipping Stuffs From Canada-nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64