Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,215 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) (30792 Views)

17 Companies Licensed By CBN As Mobile Money Operators In Nigeria (Full List) / My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by HeatSeeker(m): 1:08pm On Mar 02
Abiodun February 29, 2024

Access to websites of top global cryptocurrency exchanges and virtual digital asset service providers such as Binance, Kucoin, OKX, and others, have been blocked and restricted in some countries.

Major economies like China, India, Turkey, and Nigeria have restricted and curtailed crypto trading.

Authorities are wary of how exchanges may be laundering the proceeds of criminal activity, or aid tax offenders, or host the perpetrators of crypto scams.

In the past few years, the platform has landed itself in a fix over compliance issues in several countries. Binance has been slow to comply with local money laundering laws, and has failed to register to do business in many countries.

On May 12, 2023, Binance exited the Canadian marketplace due to stricter requirements around stablecoins and investor limits.

Canada tightened regulations for crypto asset trading platforms with the introduction of a pre-registration process.

For Nigeria, telecommunications firms have been instructed to restrict access to the websites of cryptocurrency firms such as Binance, OctaFX, Coinbase and others, months after its Central Bank issued a guideline to govern digital asset operators’ activities.

This new restriction on crypto websites is aimed at slowing currency speculation activities in the country, with Binance stating that its platform is not for currency pricing. The platform said this after users complained about their inability to buy dollars.

When Nigeria banned Twitter in 2021, Nigerians continued using the platform with Virtual Private Network (VPN) apps. The same is expected, with the country boasting one of the largest crypto populations in the world.

Binance Holdings Ltd., branded Binance, is a global company that operates the largest cryptocurrency exchange in terms of daily trading volume of cryptocurrencies.

It was founded in 2017 by Changpeng Zhao, a developer who had previously created high-frequency trading software.

Binance was initially based in China, then moved to Japan shortly before the Chinese government restricted cryptocurrency companies.

Binance subsequently left Japan for Malta and currently has no official company headquarters.

Cryptocurrency trading platform is facing restrictions in multiple jurisdictions, such as the United States, Singapore, Canada and the United Kingdom.

In 2021, Binance was put under investigation by both the United States Department of Justice and Internal Revenue Service on allegations of money laundering and tax offenses.

Also, the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority ordered Binance to stop all regulated activity in the United Kingdom in June 2021.

The Nation reports Bayo Onanuga, special adviser to President Bola Tinubu on information and strategy, had advocated that Binance and other crypto platforms should be banned from operating in Nigeria.

Onanuga’s call for a ban on cryptocurrency trading platforms followed the directive of the CBN on February 5, 2021, to banks, non-bank financial institutions (NBFIs), and other financial institutions (OFIs), to close accounts of persons or entities involved in crypto transactions.

The regulator also warned local financial institutions against dealing in crypto assets or facilitating payments for crypto exchanges.

CBN cited concerns over money laundering, terrorism financing, cybercrime, and the volatility of cryptocurrencies as reasons for the ban.

Majority of restrictions across countries stem from licensing and money laundering issues.

The countries where Binance has been restricted or banned in no particular order are as follows:

United States

United Kingdom

Japan

Italy

Canada

Belgium

Nigeria

Australia

India

Netherlands

Thailand

Philippines

Germany

France

Bangladesh

Iran

Vietnam

Kazakhstan

Malaysia

China 

https://thenationonlineng.net/full-list-us-uk-canada-other-ountries-where-binance-is-banned-restricted/

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by chiiraq802(m): 1:27pm On Mar 02
Don't know what to say. I'm just here to read people's comment.

Let it be short and precise.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by Noniblaq(m): 1:28pm On Mar 02
Crypto currency is good and bad at the same time. Have you tried my vintage shirts ? It is the best in the whole world. See my thread for more info.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by Femich18(m): 1:28pm On Mar 02
Make una rest jawe

6 Likes

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by Talkisneeded: 1:28pm On Mar 02
Propaganda 0'clock...
Waiting for the gbas gbos to follow...
I sell herbs tho

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by Samusu(m): 1:28pm On Mar 02
MMM2

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by BreconHills(m): 1:28pm On Mar 02
No Russia? Not surprised.

16 Likes

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by Niccoloimhotep: 1:28pm On Mar 02
Stupid countries

Especially that country that sounds like a nigger 🙄🙄

Yanma yanma

You dey ban, you no fit provide jobs to cushion the job loss that would eventually be associated to your senseless unwarranted defense.

If truly binance is the cause of dollar rate spike, why is bank rate not low? If bank rate were to be 460 the bastard met it, would black market have spiked?
Awon oloriburuku, always looking for who to dump their inefficiencies on. E no go better for all of una ……waka 🖐️

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by Abbeytoy(m): 1:29pm On Mar 02
Ok
Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by sirblend: 1:29pm On Mar 02
For now anything that will make the price of dollar come down is welcomeed.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by NkanuSon: 1:29pm On Mar 02
This is an achievement to agbadorians

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by Makunahatata: 1:29pm On Mar 02
Niccoloimhotep:
Stupid countries
your statement shows you're more stupid,tho I'm curious ,why do u think those countries are stupid?

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by 0taPiaPia(m): 1:29pm On Mar 02
These ones have something tangible for their youths et all but same can't be said of nigeria.

Let the poor and middle class breath sad

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by FirstSense: 1:29pm On Mar 02
If it's truly for the good of the common man then deal with them

3 Likes

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by emkz: 1:29pm On Mar 02
Those who are fighting Nigeria for clamping down on binance should please inform us how much they have lost or will likely lose in investments through binance.

We heard that the UK Prime Minister has said they'd revoke visas of people coming to their country to protest. We have not heard any British national criticize him. But Nigeria clamps down on binance, the youth are at the forefront of criticizing the government and supporting binance.

I ask you, oh you supporter of binance: where does your loyalty lie? To country or to binance or your selfishness?

Nigerian National Pledge: I pledge to Nigeria my country. To be faithful, loyal and honest. To serve Nigeria with all my strength. To defend her unity, and uphold her honour and glory. So help me God.
We recited this in primary and secondary schools thoughtlessly. Now that we are adults, let it sink in, the import of the covenant we make to Nigeria.

But many of the defenders of binance pledge to the following:

Binance Pledge: I pledge to binance my saviour. To be faithful, loyal and honest. To serve binance with all my strength. To defend binance even though I appear stupid, and uphold binance's honour and glory against my country of birth. So help me devil.

It is mental sickness for you to support a foreign entity against your own country. If the country fails, it would reflect on all of us.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by Duelee: 1:29pm On Mar 02
Nigeria as a country won't still be seen in the list of nations with good and standard living after Mr. Tinubu is done rough handling and harsh touching the breast and yansh of the mother Nigeria.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by Meti99(m): 1:29pm On Mar 02
Yagayagayagayooo
Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by Eteka1(m): 1:30pm On Mar 02
I hear that there are other similar platforms Nigerians are still using for the same purpose.

2 Likes

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by frankputer: 1:30pm On Mar 02
Hmm
Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by UncleAyo: 1:30pm On Mar 02
j
Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by Kenmatt(m): 1:31pm On Mar 02
Binance is sabotaging the Nigerian economy in an information way.

4 Likes

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by EKONGKING: 1:31pm On Mar 02
All top 10 economies of the world have banned binance going by the list

9 Likes

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by bercarray(m): 1:31pm On Mar 02
Na where seun and his co worker go dey flex muscle be this, anything that has to do with cryptocurrency in a bad way, den dey quick push am go front page, since yesterday they've been putting the binance issue to fp. Why?
Na here I see the news say Bitcoin don crash, now Bitcoin is back up to 60000 from 15k , I no see anything about it on nairaland o. Una no serious

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by SoNature(m): 1:31pm On Mar 02
For the fact that the essence of developing cryptocurrency is for it to replace fiat currency without government backing, governments that still allow crypto transactions in their domains are extremely lenient.

2 Likes

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by robinso01(m): 1:31pm On Mar 02
But why is it that some nigerians are against the ban of it Nigeria ?

9 Likes

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by Treasure17(m): 1:31pm On Mar 02
Nothing stopping the investment.
Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by sofeo(m): 1:32pm On Mar 02
Sit there.
Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by tunjijones(m): 1:32pm On Mar 02
So why are some Nigerian now sympathing with Binance Like they love Binance more than their country.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by Bayajjidda: 1:33pm On Mar 02
Rubbish... Your brethren are starving, you are here creating rubbish thread hailing the government that force your brethren into acute starvation.

2 Likes

Re: Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) by TGreatGatsby: 1:33pm On Mar 02
I remember this guyz had a lil financial thingy about 2years ago in US.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mike Adenuga And Dele Momodu Captured Together In An Adorable Photo / Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation / Ecobank Branch Is On Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.