Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 (25023 Views)

Ogun Poly Student Commits Suicide After Losing His Tuition Fee To Gambling / Lagos State University (LASU) Tuition Fee To Be Reduced / Do I Stand A Chance Of Studying Law With A Jamb Aggregate Of 266? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by omoredia: 9:28am On Mar 03
Slaves will be slaves

6 Likes

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by omoredia: 9:28am On Mar 03
post=128749841:
This Is Too Much Na.

Only Almighty God Will Surly See US Through.

God that has remove hand from una matter

1 Like

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by RichDad1(m): 9:28am On Mar 03
Appletek:
Pay 265k only for the hem to tell you that you don't understand English.
Or that the certificate expires and you have pay to undergo another test.

6 Likes

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Spiritmask: 9:29am On Mar 03
You do not need IELTS to migrate to Canada or UK through study visa, if you are a graduate of a reputable Nigeria University.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Goodlady(f): 9:29am On Mar 03
Where people wan see that kind money?
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by 004gist: 9:30am On Mar 03
sad
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Appletek: 9:31am On Mar 03
RichDad1:

Or that the certificate expires and you have pay to undergo another test.

That's crazy
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by NaijaCover(m): 9:33am On Mar 03
omoredia:

God that has remove hand from una matter

Why Do you say that? @omoredia
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by blowjohn(m): 9:36am On Mar 03
qanda:
This is really tough. One will wonder why Nigerians should write a test of English exam in the first instance.

Can't the Nigerian government make a case...in the end, to Japa is by choice.

After paying such an amount, e no go good to fail the test o.

Individuals preparing to sit for the exam should prepare well biko.

IELTS exam preparation ebooks and Videos are available for FREE on Q and A App

Install Q and A App from Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda

Pidgin don finish many graduates.
Before people dey speak correct English with clear understand.

These days u no fit differentiate graduate frm road side seller.

Otherwise, nothing really dey for the exam.

1 Like

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by DJInfluence: 9:42am On Mar 03
maak400:

*The above fees will be subject to review based on the prevailing market dynamics.
The change in fees is due to the evolving market dynamics and increased costs in the delivery of our exams

This sounds like room for applicants to pay way more than the listed price regardless of market dynamics.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by omoredia: 9:46am On Mar 03
post=128750062:

Why Do you say that? @omoredia

‭‭Proverbs 1:28-33 NLT‬‬

[28] “When they cry for help, I will not answer. Though they anxiously search for me, they will not find me. [29] For they hated knowledge and chose not to fear the Lord. [30] They rejected my advice and paid no attention when I corrected them. [31] Therefore, they must eat the bitter fruit of living their own way, choking on their own schemes. [32] For simpletons turn away from me—to death. Fools are destroyed by their own complacency. [33] But all who listen to me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm.”

1 Like

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Sayvick(m): 9:48am On Mar 03
Excuse me sir.

Is the test for employment?

1 Like

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by tochez24(m): 9:49am On Mar 03
SKYHIGHfx:
We are still a slave to the west, we need to stop all this tribal bashing and come together to build a formidable nation, yes we can

Most NIGERIANS are too daft to come together to achieve anything good⚠️

Our large population is just useless, out of 240m+.... Only less than 2% are mentally stable😊😊

Infact most of these less than 2% have almost left the country... What now resides in Nigeria currently are empty zombies in large numbers 🚩🚩

Our leaders know this fact too well and that's why they are sharing the national cake amongst themselves like it's their birth right!!!!!! They know we're too daft to form any resistance....From one general elections to another since 1990's.

All our leaders from the north, west and east are all in oneness and in good terms, they share our resources amongst themselves without any problems or tribalism.... Rich people understand that tribalism and religion are topics meant for FOOLS. All the senators, ministers, reps and Even governors all gather at intervals to share our national budgets without any consequences because they understand they're dealing with FOOLS, people they know they will still divide with tribalism and religion!!!!

If our leaders can exploit us without any consequences, why can't other nations exploit us too?

It's what it's bro💯

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by JohnnA1: 9:51am On Mar 03
No problem...
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by hansomb: 9:51am On Mar 03
Very good development. We die here.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by arantess: 9:52am On Mar 03
Nwaotu10:
Watch out, Agbadorians will be like ;
It's still cheap. Ghanaians are paying #650, 000 for the said exam. grin
Na their way
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Dalohad: 9:56am On Mar 03
British scammers.

Ensure you get a letter of English proficiency from your School Faculty or Department after you graduate and use it in your school or migration applications. Where that is not applicable, write PTE, CELPIP, TOEFL or Duolingo. They are cheaper. I want to see this criminal IELTS scammers lose money.

Nigeria is a Commonwealth country. English has remained the official language of ways and means of interaction and business for 100 years. We should not be writing these exams, they are purely meant to swindle hapless and desperate Nigerians seeking greener pastures.

I wrote it once in 2016 and got a band 8 in almost all criteria and never used it. It has since expired, while I have gone on to acquire a Master's degree. It cost me only N10,000 to get a letter of English proficiency from my Faculty. I will NEVER pay for IELTS again.

I will be facing my US applications. The UK and Canada are not on my list.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by arantess: 9:56am On Mar 03
maak400:

https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/book-test
Masters students should use Naric/ecctis..
I believe that should be cheaper
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by stephenponti(m): 9:56am On Mar 03
Everybody must be Tinubulated
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by tammie24: 10:00am On Mar 03
SKYHIGHfx:
We are still a slave to the west, we need to stop all this tribal bashing and come together to build a formidable nation, yes we can
No

Make we continue na...

The truth is no matter what happens
Yorubas will always be on top

The haters are always the losers

So let them continue

1 Like

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by 79733139(m): 10:17am On Mar 03
DeltaBachelor:
If you are looking for the shortest cut ( runs/package) to pass this test, send me a mail ( Deltabachelor@gmail.com). Serious candidates only please. Thanks

Rule 9

Seun
Mynd44

Please ban this fraudster and scammer.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Focusmind: 10:23am On Mar 03
The business centre wey UK and Canada opened on top immigration ehh, na only God go forgive them. Asking someone that has known English language all through his life for evidence of proficiency in English. Yet, you will struggle to hear and understand the English some of the locals from these countries speak. At worst case, no need asking people to rewrite the IELTS exam they have taken to ascertain their proficiency. Its all about money and glaring rip off.

1 Like

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by okerekingsley90: 10:26am On Mar 03
MagicalConcepts:
Ahhhhh, se kama japa mo ni?
Ikunle äbiyamo o!
Last year it was N120K to N150K.
Yet some people are failing the exam. That IELTS Academics na hin hard pass!
I v never seen where English hard pass maths & physics, na inside IELTS. You go dey read passage like say na Hebrew them take write am. The sweetest is the listening 🎧. You listen 👂 well and you get the passage. You lose concentration and owo ti jona, your money don burn!
If you are a fictional writer or a good lier with fabricated stories, writing & speaking won't be your problem. Good cheats go sabi do speaking well.
IELTS has four parts
1. Listening
2. Reading
3. Writing
4. Speaking.
All the best to all writing it this year and being as they aspire to japa from Sapaland!

Meanwhile, we sell lovely Adire Kampala Fabrics. Patronize us. See our profile, see signature.

Very funny 😁😂😀😄😆🤣😁😂😀

1 Like

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Angelfrost(m): 10:27am On Mar 03
Operation stay back in your country is in full force!!! cool

APC supporters looking forward to bragging that in their time Japa reduced by over 60%. grin

2 Likes

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Tetraozonaitera: 10:27am On Mar 03
strangest:
His Excellency Ahmed Tinubu (HEAT)

grin grin

These kids who support this govt. Even when it is glaring it has failed have not seen nothing.

It is going to get to the point of not being able to pay ordinary Visa Fees because of the exchange rate.
Buying flight tickets of 4M 5M will make lots of youth stuck in Naija.
You play with your lives because of Likes and Share on Nairaland.
You will learn the hard way.
For your info. I am Yoruba not Ipob.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by infofta(m): 10:28am On Mar 03
tammie24:

No

Make we continue na...

The truth is no matter what happens
Yorubas will always be on top

The haters are always the losers

So let them continue

Shut up.
You are one of the problems.
South South that feeds the whole nation doesn't engage in tribal matters nor demand to exit Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by okerekingsley90: 10:28am On Mar 03
Focusmind:
The business centre wey UK and Canada opened on top immigration ehh, na only God go forgive them. Asking someone that has known English language all through his life for evidence of proficiency in English. Yet, you will struggle to hear and understand the English some of the locals from these countries speak. At worst case, no need asking people to rewrite the IELTS exam they have taken to ascertain their proficiency. Its all about money and glaring rip off.

Japa chai !!!! It is well
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by studycenter: 10:37am On Mar 03
🤔
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by femi4: 10:43am On Mar 03
MT:
Are people still writing this exam?

So demeaning to a country that has English-taught courses throughout their lifetime.

What percentage of English people can pass this exam themselves?

But they realise how appealing their countries have become to africa, so they get away with everything, knowing that our Government can not make a diplomatic case on behalf of their citizens.

This is simply a way for western nations to make more money out of Africans, majorly.
The worst part is that their citizen speaks terrible English.

3 Likes

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Bridget95(f): 10:43am On Mar 03
SKYHIGHfx:
The west has made it impossible by bringing Christians ,Muslims and diverse tribes together as a country. They know Muslims ☪️ won't allow peaceful rule of Christians over them. The black man is in western chains .

1 Like

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by zedegit: 10:45am On Mar 03
SKYHIGHfx:

Not when una carry tribalism for head.E go soon clear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

University Student Praying On Roof Before Exam (pix) / Michael Okpara University Hostel Is On Fire (Photos) / University Of Ibadan Expels 80 Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.