Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,508 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? (16195 Views)

How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria / See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by valETA1(m): 3:25am On Mar 03
I'm at a crossroad towards making a decision of either staying back or moving to PH.

I've jst been transferred, bt the truth is, where I'm currently at, my 60k salary is well manageable.

Though, I dont have problems adapting to most of the cities I've been to, and will also love to move down there. But owning to the present economic situation, is it worth I move ? Is it a trap ?.

Aside accommodation which my company has, Can I take care of myself in PH with my 60k allawee ?

PH based please, I need ur opinions, as I still have option to decline, as such, your views will be of much help at this time.

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by AfahaAbia(m): 7:45am On Mar 03
It's good your accommodation will be taken care of. But have about the transportation expenses from the house to work? Foodstuffs in Portharcourt from what I know is very expensive. 60k won't go very far there

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by BucketMan: 7:52am On Mar 03
Don't do it, 60k in Port Harcourt is akin to earning 15k per month. For the sake of your mental health don't take that job.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by virginchaser(m): 8:38am On Mar 03
If your activities will be inside PHC you may not be able to cope. Outside Portharcourt is less expensive.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by nairalee(m): 9:25am On Mar 03
The only way is to stay in your family house for free food and free rent. Aside that na mission impossible o

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Freelancerr(m): 9:26am On Mar 03

60k sala, for this Tinubu economy?
Well question I'll ask us are you married or single?
Do you have relatives you send money to every month?

Answer these questions first then I'll reply you on my next comment.

Anyways.
I teach people how to read their cheating partner WhatsApp messages directly on your phone.

Check my number on my signature and WhatsApp me.
But hold #1500 cos no be free

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by TotoIsGud4boy: 9:26am On Mar 03
Why can’t you improve your skills and improve your earning options? Must you be a slave forever?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by ibechris(m): 9:26am On Mar 03
Suicide mission.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by omoredia: 9:27am On Mar 03
Hehe people earning that kind salary are mostly agbadorians

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Lalami3232(m): 9:27am On Mar 03
The truth be say, nowhere in Nigeria go sweet you to live with 60K. Everywhere is now expensive. Even if you go the most remote village, the price o fuel, Rice, cement etc go still be the same. So what you need now is to try to upgrade yourself so that you fit attract a better salary or get a side hustle.
I can only suggest programming for you sha, learn Cyber security or mobile app development and thank me later. I still hear say cryptocurrency dey make money but I no know much about am. But in a nutshell, nowhere for Nigeria go dey conducive for you to live with that meager salary, not even Ibadan. What do I even know sef aside enlightening my fellow men nationwide with the good news.

Oga if you know say you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Chigozie321: 9:27am On Mar 03
PH is probably the most expensive state in Nigeria. Don't move there. You've been warned.

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by MagicalConcepts: 9:28am On Mar 03
Uncopable!
It's hell for men now.

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by NuCypher: 9:29am On Mar 03
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by BodyCount: 9:29am On Mar 03
Half bread is better than none.

You can take it under the following conditions

- Free accommodation

- Free meal, at least twice a day

- Free transportation

- Free healthcare

- Free weekend, Saturday and Sunday

Etc

Anything short of these
DO NOT TAKE IT!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by free2ryhme: 9:29am On Mar 03
valETA1:
I'm at a crossroad towards making a decision of either staying back or moving to PH.

I've jst been transferred, bt the truth is, where I'm currently at, my 60k salary is well manageable.

Though, I dont have problems adapting to most of the cities I've been to, and will also love to move down there. But owning to the present economic situation, is it worth I move ? Is it a trap ?.

Aside accommodation which my company has, Can I take care of myself in PH with my 60k allawee ?

PH based please, I need ur opinions, as I still have option to decline, as such, your views will be of much help at this time.

wahala cry
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by ecolime(m): 9:29am On Mar 03
valETA1:

N60K salary can't sustain you in Portharcourt.

Unless maybe you have free house, free transport and no utility bills to pay.

Food commodities are much more expensive here than even Lagos and Abuja.

Edited
Since your company has accomodation then you can survive. Buy your foodstuffs in bulk. Buy from Oil mill market every Wednesday.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by AmazingELixir: 9:30am On Mar 03
grin

Op is asking the wrong question...in actual fact which city in Nigeria can any person survive on a N60k monthly salary.

My own monthly transportation in Lagos is almost that amount...

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by AntiChristian: 9:30am On Mar 03
Our security on 30k survives and even manages to save after sending to parents in village!

Lagos!

Though he dey see some other cuts here and there sha!

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Goodlady(f): 9:30am On Mar 03
It don red!
Anyman earning N60K per month shouldn't marry o!
Don't infect ya unborn kids with poverty!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by NaijaCover(m): 9:30am On Mar 03
Nawa o

60,000naira Na Small Money

It Can't Even Pay Website Hosting For Bloggers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by gbaskiboy: 9:30am On Mar 03
Omo half bread is better than none. If you have side hustle and skill that can fetch you money you can apply it to augment your salary
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:31am On Mar 03
Where are you and how much is your current salary. If its the same salary and you are coping well where you are then please stay back.
Only go if the Lord specifically as you to as in some cases.
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by inoki247: 9:32am On Mar 03
Lol Sha no try get erection inside the 60k oh mak u no go land ursef for where u no know....

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by fineboynl(m): 9:32am On Mar 03
Not just rivers state. Any were in the South. Except you have to go extreme.

Like 2k feeding and other expenses daily .

Hope you know that 1k feed cannot go anywhere in a day? Don't even go near cooking. Cooking gas and food stuff na no go area. Even indomie right now 2k a day cannot cook that.

You would be better off buy takeaway from where they have many soup. Then you use the remaining soup at home to eat apku. Apku is cheaper than garri right now

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by KingDash09(m): 9:36am On Mar 03
So kids na only for one person abi
Goodlady:
It don red!
Anyman earning N60K per month shouldn't marry o!
Don't infect ya unborn kids with poverty!
Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by meobizy(f): 9:37am On Mar 03
It will not work. Stay where you are. You said "allowee," are you a youth corper? If so, you may be able to pull through. I still don't recommend it. My security guard who makes forty thousand in one month quit the job to focus on yahoo. Eight hundred dollars in this bad economy will cover for more than six months of his salary. The same amount twice in one year makes him a big boy.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by NPFLADMIN(m): 9:38am On Mar 03
Manage am.

There are surely those receiving less as salary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by NeckingNgulping(m): 9:38am On Mar 03
Here in PH is where the negative effects of the drug lord's maladministration impacted the most. Before you come, i want to let you know that your 60k won't take you for half a Month.

Prices of things are extremely high such that one small sized minimie indomie is now 250, a painter of gari is 3k, one sachet pure water is #50.

I'm not telling you not to come o, but bear in your mind that you are going to suffer with that meager token of a salary.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by MartinsD12(m): 9:39am On Mar 03
valETA1:

It's sad knowing 60k can't do anything but far more terrible knowing there are people who collect 30k as salary even 20k what of those that are not working how do they survive

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by Chukwudi4naija(m): 9:40am On Mar 03
Chigozie321:
PH is probably the most expensive state in Nigeria. Don't move there. You've been warned.
PH in terms of food stuffs and transportation is cheapest among the South South and South East States. I have been to all the States I mentioned and definitive with my submission. Accommodation is relatively expensive in main cities. I stay in PH. 60k is poor when one lives in capital cities of any State and not just PH

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:41am On Mar 03
H

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Pros And Cons Of Becoming A Lawyer / FG Develops Three Retirement Schemes For Federal Civil Servants (names) / Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.