Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,517 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving (28239 Views)

Man Put Paper In Offering Envelope In Church With This Write Up / Pastor Adeboye Visits Church With Uncompleted Building / George Weah Set For Thanksgiving At Synagogue Church Of All Nations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by Islie: 2:45pm On Mar 05
A native doctor, Chief Chukwuemeka Okwummo, on Sunday went for Thanksgiving at St Michael Catholic Church, Ozubulu, Ekwusigo LGA of Anambra State with masquerades following a miraculous recovery from a life-threatening ailment.

Okwummo at the Church service acknowledged the healing power of the Almighty God during his life-threatening sickness.

He said, “I thank God for healing me of a sickness many people don’t survive, I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance while I was in an unconscious state.

“I can testify to the healing power of God and can testify that God is the supreme and ultimate power as well as the only way.

I also thank God for the successful surgery carried out on my wife, Mrs Agatha Okwummo. I must let you know that I inherited herbalism and I have done a thorough research and know that there is no one like God when it comes to power.

That is why I had to forsake idolatry and fetish practices, which are not the way. I still do my herbal and alternative medicine business but without rituals,” he said.

Speaking, the Vicar of Ozubulu Region of the Catholic Diocese of Nnewi, Very Rev Fr. Hygi Aghulor, expressed excitement over what God had done in the life of the native doctor.

Rev Fr Aghulor who is also the parish priest of St. Michael Catholic Church, Amakwa Ozubulu, stated that Chief Okwummo had been healing sick people with the use of roots and herbs.

He said the native doctor had gone deeper in his trade and realised that it is only God that actually heals not the fetish practices.

On why he allowed masquerades to be part of the celebration after the church service in his parish, the vicar said that the church is not against the culture of the people.

He said priests had been told several times not to build their parishes like the ones in European countries.

“The church is not out to eradicate cultural practices that are not harmful, there are so many positive and beneficial aspects of our culture, for instance, a scholar abroad is currently carrying out research on bitter leaf, this is the same leaf many people in this part of the clime don’t appreciate,” he said.

Very Rev Fr Aghulor, however, warned young men and women to desist from idolatry and occultism, which according to him will not be beneficial to them in the short and the long run.

The brief Thanksgiving reception at the church premises featured music, dance and masquerades’ display.

https://dailytrust.com/healing-masquerades-go-to-church-with-native-doctor-for-thanksgiving/

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by GOFRONT(m): 2:47pm On Mar 05
We ve seen a masquerade at the betting shop trying to check up on his bet ticket.....

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by Righthussle: 2:47pm On Mar 05
Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by Boogyman557: 2:57pm On Mar 05
Vv

2 Likes

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by FactBoyz: 3:13pm On Mar 05
Only Legends will remember me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by chiefolododo(m): 3:13pm On Mar 05
Y

1 Like

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by slaawomirr: 3:13pm On Mar 05
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by 190: 3:13pm On Mar 05
Gaddamit angry

Are you serious!

1 Like

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by Angelfrost(m): 3:13pm On Mar 05
Egungun don repent...! tongue

13 Likes

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by Vinnie2000(m): 3:13pm On Mar 05
I Just knew it will be a Catholic Church, immediately I saw the thread! smiley

The Catholic Church in Igboland has embraced this Practice of accommodating our AFRICAN Traditional religion. cool smiley

Though Many Christians might Frown at this Practice
but we can't just Abandon our African Religion totally. undecided

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by inoki247: 3:14pm On Mar 05
Lol...

All is well....

Naso I read one story lately how someone converted Babalawo nd dey ar about to get married...

1 Like

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by Ournolly: 3:14pm On Mar 05
One of the best things about Catholics is their friendliness to cultures, that's why the denomination was massively received in Igboland.

Masquerade is not idolatry and has nothing to do with the devil, they mostly show during joyful ceremonies and occasions.
I think that we should preserve our culture no matter the religion we choose to adhere to.
Thanks.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by Adewale1603(m): 3:14pm On Mar 05
Masquerades are human beings

10 Likes

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by Honestey: 3:14pm On Mar 05
Chai! Nigeria is a giant of Africa comedy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by sallazlee(m): 3:14pm On Mar 05
Both na enterprises now.

Just pass by

2 Likes

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by DropsMic(m): 3:15pm On Mar 05
Everything the white man gave us, we have successfully perverted. From eduction, democracy to religion. We no even spare the God them give us. Everything now don turn joke and acting.

3 Likes

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by Bobotic(m): 3:15pm On Mar 05
Glory be to God

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by Tulsaguy: 3:15pm On Mar 05
k

1 Like

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by osuofia2(m): 3:15pm On Mar 05
wink
If i wasn't a Muslim i did be a Catholic

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by Samirana360(m): 3:16pm On Mar 05
Jesus is Lord

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by Hezmatosky: 3:16pm On Mar 05
Adewale1603:
Masquerades are human beings
Taaa! Who tell you that one??

2 Likes

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by TheDarkporeShow: 3:16pm On Mar 05
grin

1 Like

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by PastorOlokonla: 3:16pm On Mar 05
Mmawun ne je uka!

6 Likes

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by Deicide: 3:17pm On Mar 05
Most Nigerians worship more than one God

2 Likes

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by brightovio007(m): 3:17pm On Mar 05
Salvation now individual experience

2 Likes

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by Slytiger: 3:18pm On Mar 05
Neither here nor there.

2 Likes

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by chicfarmer: 3:19pm On Mar 05
GOFRONT:
We ve seen a masquerade at the betting shop trying to check up on his bet ticket.....

grin grin the gods dey reveal sure odds for am grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by Namaster: 3:19pm On Mar 05
Hilarious! grin

Dave Chapelle couldn't write a funnier joke if he tried.

A summary of this clown show:

1. Herbalist has been "healing" people with traditional and alternative medicine, including rituals.

2. Herbalist fell sick.

3. Herbalist got into an ambulance and went straight to a hospital. grin

4. The wife of Herbalist got sick.

5. Herbalist took her to a hospital for surgery. grin

6. Both got their health back and recovered nicely.

7. Then Herbalist went to church for Thanksgiving. grin

8. Herbalist proclaims that herbalism, idolatory and fetishism is not all that. God is supreme.

9. Herbalist thanks God some more.

10. Herbalists says God is Great but bills still have to be paid so he's still going to continue running his "herbal and alternative medicine business." grin

Just two scammers jerking eachother off in public.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by Drjones109(m): 3:20pm On Mar 05
That man behind the mask is me

1 Like

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by Jayhome24: 3:20pm On Mar 05
GOFRONT:

Hahahahaha so this is no longer a news abeg bro.

I had said it if you think you have seen it all you are a joker if you haven't lived in Nigeria.

My country is bless with everything pls name it, good bad, ugly, natural comedy with no billboard or Nollywood, Hollywood, Galawood, indomiewood, amalawood, Akpuwood screen etc just live here and watch free movie in all styles....

We move...

Wetin we never see......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving by TUTU147: 3:21pm On Mar 05
Tradition is tradition, religion is religion.Africans should not throw away tradition because of religion.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spiritual Grace; Amazing Pictures! / Pastor Adeboye Visits Emergency Wards In Two Different Hospitals In Ogun & Lagos / Shiloh Sacrifice Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.