Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

I’m Tied To Barca For Life – Messi - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / I’m Tied To Barca For Life – Messi (674 Views)

Real Lose To Barca Again! -letter To God / Helb To Fabregas: Please Dont Same Mistake I Made, Dont Go To Barca, Stay. / At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’m Tied To Barca For Life – Messi by vowiski(m): 9:44pm On Nov 12, 2011
Current world best payer and Barcelona star Lionel Messi has reaffirmed his complete and total commitment to Barcelona. He insists that no amount of money can lure him away from the Catalania, not even a blank cheque from Roberto Mancini boss can make him think again.

The Argentina star confirmed via German daily Bild that he wants to finish his career with Barcelona.

“My plan is this: to play for Barcelona for the rest of my life,” said Messi, he went further and insisted that no amount of cash could persuade him to leave. “No, not money. I will go only when I don’t think I am good enough or when the club don’t want me anymore.”

Messi inspired Barcelona won the Champions League last season for the third time and having achieved the treble of Spanish league, Cup and Champions League with Barcelona in 2009, Even with this achievement, Messi claims he is still thristy for more titles.

“I want to win everything which I have already won and I want to get better,” said the forward, who is one of the contenders for the 2011 FIFA Ballon d’Or.

Barcelona sits top of their group and have already qualified for the knockout stages of this season’s Champions League after registering three wins and a draw in Group H, but Messi has singled out Bayern Munich as the only threat to retaining the title.

The Spanish giants hammered Bayern 4-0 the last time the two teams met in the Champions League in 2009, when Messi scored twice, but the Argentinian is still wary of the Bavarians, who are top of Group A, and are desperate to appear in a final that will be played at their own stadium next May.

“It’s a great team. They are stronger than last year,” he said, having scored a hat-trick in the 4-0 Champions League win at Czech Republic side Viktoria Plzen on Tuesday. “Above all, the Champions League final is played at their stadium, which gives them an advantage.”

http://newsnaija.com/i%E2%80%99m-tied-to-barca-for-life-%E2%80%93-messi/163/

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Set To Name Gerardo Martino As New Coach / Community Shield - Chelsea Vs Arsenal On Sun Aug 6,2017@ 2.00pm / Barca Fans In Da House, Lets Cheer Our Club To Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.