Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,598 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Actor Ayo Badmus badly beaten by political thugs - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Actor Ayo Badmus badly beaten by political thugs (2201 Views)

AMAA Red Carpet: Eniola Badmus Scores 1/10 (Photo) / See How Tonto Dikeh Was Badly Beaten! / Nollywood Actor Ayo Badmus Badly Beaten By Political Thugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Actor Ayo Badmus badly beaten by political thugs by aloyemeka4: 10:26pm On Nov 12, 2011
Saturday, November 12, 2011
[size=14pt]Actor Ayo Badmus badly beaten by political thugs[/size]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-d8wvhAd9syY/Tr4ZL9lTRcI/AAAAAAAAKxY/Or5OavvmvgE/s320/1.jpg[/img][img]http://3.bp..com/-j7AK3EikBq0/Tr4YckMS4KI/AAAAAAAAKxI/MbiEJd_HVMI/s320/ayobadmus.jpg[/img]

The actor tells Vanguard exactly what happened to him on that unfortunate day during the Sallah holidays.
It’s true that I was beaten and almost killed by the thugs guarding the Chairman of Oshodi L.G.A. My wife, my brother and myself went to pay a courtesy to my boss, Tunde Kelani on the Salah day. When we got there, I went round to greet people and when I got to where the Oshodi L.G.A Chairman sat, I wanted to shake him when his brother said I ought to have prostrated.I didn’t reply him even when he started insulting me, saying actors are silly and useless. I made to leave when suddenly, I saw a group of thugs, numbering up to  twenty  pounced on me and started beating me up.
They broke bottles on my head, kicked me and almost killed me if not for my wife, brother and other people who came to my rescue.I’ve done a lot for the Lagos State Government even without being paid. Why should I then be treated in such a manner like a criminal?  What the Chairman of Oshodi Local Government and his brother did was wrong. They are public servants and should be polite. I never met them before in my life. Neither did I involve myself in any kind of politics. That day was the first time, I set my eyes on them. They probably felt intimidated by my presence and the way people around hailed me.

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/11/actor-ayo-badmus-badly-beaten-by.html
Re: Actor Ayo Badmus badly beaten by political thugs by aloyemeka4: 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2011
[size=14pt]How Nollywood actor was attacked by thugs – Ayo Badmus[/size]
on NOVEMBER 12, 2011 · in HOME VIDEO PEOPLE

Note: This story contains a graphic photo some may consider offensive.

By OPEOLUWANI AKINTAYO
Notable Yoruba actor, Ayo Badmus will not forget in a hurry the just concluded Salah celebration as it was the day he was beaten black and blue by a group of hoodlums suspected to be political thugs at Oshodi area of Lagos.

The group was said to be working for the chairman of Oshodi Local Government Area of Lagos State.

Ayo-Badmus (insert: his head after the attack)
Insiders said the actor accompanied by his wife and his young brother went to pay ace- cinematographer, Tunde Kelani and family a visit during the Salah holidays when the unexpected happened.

HVP’s investigation revealed that the actor arrived Kelani’s house located at Feyinde Kalisto, Oshodi around 7.30 pm. He said to have been greeted with the spirit of the celebration as their was a lavishing party already going on within the neighborhood.

Leveraging on his popularity, Ayo decided to exchange pleasantries with the residents of the area who he met at the place. His attempt to exchange handshake with the Chairman, Oshodi Local Government Area whom he sighted from afar earned him the beaten of his life. A brother to the Oshodi LGA boss was said to have taken offence when the visiting actor, who was expected to prostrate before the LGA chairman stretched his hands to shake the former.

Unsatisfied with the cold reception accorded to him, the actor made to walk away as the said brother to the LGA boss continued to abuse his sensibility, referring however to Nollywood stars as being useless and stupid set of people.

As if that was not enough, Ayo allegedly was said to have been astounded when thugs numbering about twenty approached him armed with dangerous weapons. And before he knew what was happening, they descended on him, beating him black and blue to the chagrin of his host. Worse still, the said brother to the politician joined the thugs in the assault as he was said to have landed the actor a hot slap across his face.

The Oshodi LGA Chairman was said to have showed indifference while the incident lasted. It was also gathered that the two armed policemen who were his guards did nothing to arrest the situation either.

Confirming the incident to HVP, during the week when he contacted on telephone, Ayo who has featured in several Yoruba films described the attack as unfortunate.’

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/how-nollywood-actor-was-attacked-by-thugs-ayo-badmus/

He said he’s sustained serious injuries resulting from the dangerous weapons the hoodlums used on him. At the moment, the actor is carrying bandage rounded his head.

Hera him: It’s true that I was beaten and almost killed by the thugs guarding the Chairman of Oshodi L.G.A. My wife, my brother and myself went to pay a courtesy to my boss, Tunde Kelani on the Salah day. When we got there, I went round to greet people and when I got to where the Oshodi L.G.A Chairman sat, I wanted to shake him when his brother said I ought to have prostrated.
Re: Actor Ayo Badmus badly beaten by political thugs by Pukkah: 10:59pm On Nov 12, 2011
This should be investigated. It's not good to judge a case based on the account of one party but this is an annoying incident.
Re: Actor Ayo Badmus badly beaten by political thugs by yamakuza: 11:03pm On Nov 12, 2011
Free money!

Make dem come beat me na!

Make dem no come again o!
Re: Actor Ayo Badmus badly beaten by political thugs by emiye(m): 11:05pm On Nov 12, 2011
Barbaric Act,  the pigs must be fetched out! Justice must be meted out
Re: Actor Ayo Badmus badly beaten by political thugs by violent(m): 11:25pm On Nov 12, 2011
yamakuza:

Free money!

Make dem come beat me na!

not when you're beaten to death or you're beaten to a point where you suffered permanent grievous body damage; like the loss of an eye or a nose.
Re: Actor Ayo Badmus badly beaten by political thugs by lucabrasi(m): 12:04am On Nov 13, 2011
what do you expect from the chairman of oshodi local government?the local government in charge of a sizeable number of the area boys situated in lagos, the guy should sue i am sure the man will be made to pay for it in court.this is how the minions of a local government chairman beat up a friend of my dad in illesha.the injuries the man sustained led to his eventual death in a london hospital
Re: Actor Ayo Badmus badly beaten by political thugs by Beaf: 1:11am On Nov 13, 2011
lucabrasi:

what do you expect from the chairman of oshodi local government?the local government in charge of a sizeable number of the area boys situated in lagos, the guy should sue i am sure the man will be made to pay for it in court.this is how the minions of a local government chairman beat up a friend of my dad in illesha.the injuries the man sustained led to his eventual death in a london hospital

Ilesa?
The trademark of the freely slapping Aregbesola hangs like an odious pall over ACN. Its the same culture from Osun to Lagos.
Re: Actor Ayo Badmus badly beaten by political thugs by aljharem(m): 1:14am On Nov 13, 2011
Beaf:

Ilesa?
The trademark of the freely slapping Aregbesola hangs like an odious pall over ACN. Its the same culture from Osun to Lagos.

LOL I KNOW YOU WOULD BE HERE.
Re: Actor Ayo Badmus badly beaten by political thugs by emiye(m): 1:54am On Nov 13, 2011
Beaf:

Ilesa?
he Chairman, Ilesa West Local Government Area, Osun State, Mr. Ibukun Fadipe, was on Sunday detained by the police for assaulting the Chairman of DHL Limited, Chief Ade Komolafe, at a filling station in Imo, Ilesa.

Fadipe, popularly called IBK, who drove in an unmarked private car, was said to have attempted to jump the queue at the petrol station but was resisted by Komolafe who had patiently waited for his turn on the queue.

Witnesses said many other motorists joined Komolafe to stop Fadipe who allegedly ignored the protestations and insisted on being served before any other person.

Fadipe, who felt affronted by the resistance championed by Komolafe, left the petrol station in annoyance to invite a group of youths who stormed the station to unleash terror on hapless motorists.

A witness said Komolafe was the object of Fadipe’s fury. His men pounced on the old man and smashed two of his Sport Utility Vehicles (SUVs) and many others.

Komolafe, who sought medical attention in a private hospital in the town, recounted how Fadipe reportedly led the assault on him and members of his family.

His words: "My wife and I had just returned from Ifewara where she was honoured with a chieftaincy title. We were still basking in the euphoria of the good thing that God had done on that fateful day before our celebration was turned into mourning.

"My in-laws who had joined us on the journey wanted to return to their destination and went to a filling station to get some fuel.

"At the filling station, all vehicles had maintained a queue and were being attended to until an unknown man who was dressed in a short and a traditional dress, later identified as the Chairman of Ilesha West Local Government, Mr. Ibukun Fadipe, jumped the queue to create disorder; but those who were there couldn’t take what the man wanted to do but were reluctant until my in-laws, who obviously didn’t know him, left their cars to call him to order.

"When they approached him, to correct his undoing, he threatened to deal with them but they were not bothered as they were bent on ensuring orderliness. Immediately, he stormed out of the filling station, hopped on a motorcycle and left only to appear after a few minutes with some thugs who severely beat my in-laws and injured seven of them."

Komolafe went on: "The thugs with their boss also succeeded in forcibly removing two of my 62-year-old mother-in-law’s teeth when she tried to persuade them to stop their shameful act.

"The news of the unpalatable event got to me and I immediately left home for the petrol station. On getting there, I tried all I could to calm him down, but instead, he got angry the more and would not heed the voice of reason. They smashed two of my cars; my Highlander and Armada jeeps were damaged. He used a cutlass to cut the bonnet of the cars, shattered windscreen and punctured the tyres. Fadipe didn’t stop at that; he also hit me with a big log.

"At the moment, the police are taking down statement from my in-laws. They have also promised me protection but I must confess it is a terrible thing, if such assault can be done to me in my own town.

"I am a well-known person in the state. I founded DHL in this country.

"I want to appeal to the Osun State government, that Fadipe shouldn’t be the overall chairman of Osun State. He shouldn’t be higher than the King of Ilesha but he has been representing Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola everywhere."

But, when contacted for his side of the story, Fadipe said he was the one beaten by "those instigated by the chief."

Asked to give a vivid account of what transpired at the petrol station, Fadipe declined.

He said the Owa Obokun of Ijesaland, Oba Adekunle Aromolaran, had "settled the matter".

He said both sides were pacified and forbidden from making comments to the press.

When pressed further to clarify the circumstances, Fadipe rained expletives on the reporter.

He said: "What is your problem. I said the matter has been settled and you are still probing. I don’t have time for you. You can write whatever you want."

Then, he began to rain abuses and called the reporter names.

The Nation

gathered that the case that was initially reported by Komolafe at the nearest police station in Ilesa on Sunday was transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) in Osogbo.

Fadipe was invited, detained and later granted bail after the intervention of some political bigwigs.

Police spokesman Clement Akinola confirmed the incident.

[b]A source said Fadipe might have deliberately targeted Komolafe for "repeatedly refusing overtures to join the PDP."[/b]

The prominent businessman, however, would not confirm the speculation.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/25666/1/Osun-council-boss-detained-for-assaulting-DHL-chairman/Page1.html
Re: Actor Ayo Badmus badly beaten by political thugs by emiye(m): 3:31am On Nov 13, 2011
That man "Komolafe" never recovered from the assault. HE DIED, KILLED BY PDP THUGS of a Chairman representing Oyinlola as highlighted above.  BEAF is a terrible liar, Osun can not afford to go back in to those DARK DAYS of PDP.
Re: Actor Ayo Badmus badly beaten by political thugs by Akanbiedu(m): 6:52am On Nov 13, 2011
Emiye. Good job.

Beaf will surely help increase Aregbe's popularity, the way he helped Buhari.
Re: Actor Ayo Badmus badly beaten by political thugs by mukina2: 10:40am On Nov 13, 2011

(1)

Davido Rocks Chelsea Jersey As He Strikes A"watchy"pose With Legendary Striker / TV Host, Frank Edoho & Wife Loved Up In New Photos / Kylie Jenner DEFINITELY Had Her Booty ENHANCED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.