Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy (29684 Views)

US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz / Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 18 Years Of Marriage / I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Xosh: 6:32pm On Mar 19
Gerrard59:

The mistake he made. Don't convert earnings or gifts to any currency. Take what you see as face value. This is the same mistake most Nigerians who japa'd recently tend to do - convert earnings in the abroad to naira. Tomorrow, they will come and argue with me that a skyscraper cleaner in the UK earns more than a bank manager in Nigeria.

It is the friend in the diaposra I blame. Not everyone in Nigeria should be sent money. The friend too in Nigeria should stop converting dollars arbitrarily.

P.S. This is assuming your story is real as you are fond of creating funny stories depending on which side of the bed you woke up from.

Your last stanza got me rolling on the floor.Mind you the story is fake.
Remember when she was gifted 80k here some weeks ago,she said her friend in the Uk also sent her money.

Madam has created another account since this her account has been ban.

Lol

2 Likes

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Indil: 6:38pm On Mar 19
Its funny somehow grin grin
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Jewessgratitud3: 6:51pm On Mar 19
Gerrard59:

The mistake he made. Don't convert earnings or gifts to any currency. Take what you see as face value. This is the same mistake most Nigerians who japa'd recently tend to do - convert earnings in the abroad to naira. Tomorrow, they will come and argue with me that a skyscraper cleaner in the UK earns more than a bank manager in Nigeria.

It is the friend in the diaposra I blame. Not everyone in Nigeria should be sent money. The friend too in Nigeria should stop converting dollars arbitrarily.

P.S. This is assuming your story is real as you are fond of creating funny stories depending on which side of the bed you woke up from.

Please I don't create fake stories.qhy would I? Is Seun paying me for it? Please don't tell me that.
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by ufotty2001: 7:01pm On Mar 19
Gerrard59:

I am curious, what did he say was the reason for his refusal?
How many time has he visited Nigeria and the general family in the past 25 years?
How close are you both, before he relocated and while he was working?
He just opened up and told me that he does not have. This is someone that is a professional nurse in USA!! Ordinary 900$.. he has been coming to Nigeria.. this is my blood brother the same father and mother.. thank God I bought the land without his money!!!
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Gerrard59(m): 8:05pm On Mar 19
ufotty2001:

He just opened up and told me that he does not have. This is someone that is a professional nurse in USA!! Ordinary 900$.. he has been coming to Nigeria.. this is my blood brother the same father and mother.. thank God I bought the land without his money!!!

That is nice of him. I appreciate his honesty. It is an anonymous forum, so I would like to know more. Is he married or divorced? How many children does he have? Could he be on student loans? What speciality of nursing is he into? What rank is he on? Twenty-five years as a nurse in the US means he is not less than 45 years old. There are a lot of questions to ask, honestly.
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Villa12(m): 8:33pm On Mar 19
Xosh:

Your last stanza got me rolling on the floor.Mind you the story is fake.
Remember when she was gifted 80k here some weeks ago[b],she said her friend in the Uk also sent her money.[/b]

Madam has created another account since this her account has been ban.

Lol
are you indirectly saying she was lying? No friend in UK sent her money?
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by 79733139(m): 9:12pm On Mar 19
Gerrard59:

Including blood relations? shocked

Wow! So, if I have the resources and my blood brother wishes to buy land, should I decline to give him the money?

It's a free world, do whatever you want to do. We don't all follow the same rule book.
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by kkins25(m): 10:44pm On Mar 19
ufotty2001:

Ordinary $900😭😭😭
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by kkins25(m): 11:06pm On Mar 19
cococandy:

Only you and your God know if you’re a real person or a troll. This was you not long ago giving testimony and thanking God that someone sent you 20k

Fast forward to today and 20k is now an insult. Because the sender lives abroad?. And I’m the one with warped view?

I won’t even bother trying to get it to make sense to you.
Clearly that’s a job for the brave and patient

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣...And there was a caught!!!!!
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Xosh: 11:24pm On Mar 21
Villa12:
are you indirectly saying she was lying? No friend in UK sent her money?
She's not lying.
I meant to say,it was her the money was sent to.
Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Obierika(m): 1:56pm On Mar 26
lagonovo:
Learning a lot about Nigerians here. My conclusion is for people to just stick with their loved ones. Mend fences with your family members, develop each other, and when you have extra for charity please send your donations to charity organizations. Giving to these so-called old friends and acquaintances is very dangerous. Some of them believe you are showing off while others believe they deserve more. Just stay off them and be at peace with yourself.

i agree with you 100%!

3 Likes

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Squirrel1(m): 8:05pm On Mar 26
Well. I dunno about ops situation but I think he should have been grateful.

My story: last three years a friend of mine sent me 42 dollars, I went to the bank and cashed the money at a bureau d change and I was given 19000. Omo I was so happy and glad cuz the money came through for me. Up until now I still have the image saved. Tolu, God go continue to bless you!

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by Jewessgratitud3: 12:36am On Mar 27
Squirrel1:
Well. I dunno about ops situation but I think he should have been grateful.

My story: last three years a friend of mine sent me 42 dollars, I went to the bank and cashed the money at a bureau d change and I was given 19000. Omo I was so happy and glad cuz the money came through for me. Up until now I still have the image saved. Tolu, God go continue to bless you!

If it were now it would be running into 60k.

Your friend tried. A friend sent me 200 dollars three years ago and I smiled home with 8o k that year.

2 Likes

Re: After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy by vickydevoka(m): 2:21pm On Apr 04
ufotty2001:
why will I send him.. borrow me N1.5m I will pay him back next week something that is less than $1k. My blood brother ooohh this is not an outsider. Am happy I still bought that land without him..
Never borrow you siblings money

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Challenges Of Being A Man In Our 'modern' Society / Man Accused Of Chasing Away His Pregnant Wife Because Of His ''Mistress''.Photos / Zimbabwean Man Beats Up Wife For Failing To Say “Thank You” After Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.