Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver (49762 Views)

I Regret Wearing Bikinis, Nudity – Rihanna / Nollywood Actor Femi Brainard / Paul Okoye: 'Bank Alert' Was My First Solo Video, I Regret Making A Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by captainzee4life(m): 11:32am On Mar 07
Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by allthingsgood: 11:35am On Mar 07
Jewessgratitud3:
Wow this guy! Is that why I no longer see him in movies? He has added so much weight.

Whats he saying? If it doesn't favor you abeg come back home. Which one you go dey cry for motor park. undecided

I still believe it better over there because you'll get jobs to do and if you remove shame you'll survive and live comfortably.

E hard e hard na him e fat full everywhere.

I hate it when people use that irritating phrase "you have added weight". And so what
It very rude and annoying. You dont see me telling you you are now ugly

1 Like

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by fredoooooo: 11:37am On Mar 07
Na ya cross , you better carry am ..
All these ones you're discussing with on socila media will just laugh at your predicament .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by ednut1(m): 11:38am On Mar 07
Whois:
Alinco didn't japa, oga is doing Mc for events now. He was the MC at a wedding I attended early this year. I attached his number incase you need to confirm

he lives in the USA. Check his instagram and old posts about him. That he japa doesn’t stop him from coming to do gigs in Nigeria. Nawa for u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Whois(m): 11:43am On Mar 07
You're right, he definitely flew back to do the gig. smiley
ednut1:
he lives in the USA. Check his instagram and old posts about him. That he japa doesn’t stop him from coming to do gigs in Nigeria. Nawa for u

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by linearity: 11:52am On Mar 07
flokii:
E ku regret cheesy

A job I can't do in my country, I don't pray to go do in foreign lands.

How is he a celebrity? I have never heard the name before?

That he acted a few movies then he became a celebrity? You know how many movie actors dey drive Uber for Lagos?

Make him go Siddon, it is better to drive Uber abroad than to drive am in Nigeria, at least the condition of the work is better and dem get union and some USA states and you can make a living from it! You know how movie actors dey drive under for Lagos? E go shock you!

If Abroad why he nofa come back home? I go follow contribute ticket moni if na that one Dey hard am to get.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Sctests: 11:55am On Mar 07
FreeStuffsNG:
Speaking on the perks as well as the disadvantages attached to relocating abroad, especially being a celebrity, Femi Brainard said it is better to be celebrated and be a prince in Nigeria than to move abroad and be a nobody. He also noted that his wife does not love it at all.

Eni awifun Oba je o gbo.

Many of them are so stuck now that they can't even be as sincere to themselves as he is.

It's nothing but a wrong mindset to think that you will resent your own land/ country and expect that you will prosper on that land or overseas, it's impossible!

When you are not blessed in Nigeria, it's not because others are not doing well here in Nigeria, for most of you, you were horribly raised with the wrong mindset and indoctrinated to hate Nigeria by some of your parents who were part of those behind the multiple problems now facing the nation so you ended up and continued your life in a circle of negative minded unpatriotic people. You curse Nigeria, the land curses you back in multiple folds and nothing you sow in the land will prosper but if you bless Nigeria, the land blesses you back in multiples.

Until you wish Nigeria well and do your best in patriotism, you will never be blessed by this land and if you carry your resentment and hatred for Nigeria overseas, the rejection by Nigeria will follow you like your shadow.

The grass is always greener on the other side until you get there. What you are doing here in Nigeria is so valuable that if you nurture it well, you will one day be going overseas for business/ professional travels and enjoy vacations with your family and friends. And even if you still don't go overseas, you will be happy, safe, fulfilled and blessed here in Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Did Seyi Law your agbado comedian and Tinubu nyash licker just like you, not wish Nigeria we'll before running out of the country, after all the praise-singing of Jagaban?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Empresa: 12:20pm On Mar 07
Na mentality talk. If you Japa to stay permanent, you go finish all your money for bills but if you get mindset to hustle and come back home, boy. You go become big boy when you come back.

Life is sweet in Naija when you have money

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by firearcher: 12:36pm On Mar 07
Sola Sobowale was away and forgotten for years. She came back and is bigger than ever.
If you can't go forward, retrace your steps backwards. People should be conscious of the truth that your destiny is tied to being in the right place at the right time.

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Shokoloko(f): 12:44pm On Mar 07
Rebuker:

Sorry, I should ask if this is from the interview, is it?
it is from the interview

1 Like

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by xtian110: 12:51pm On Mar 07
Who talk that thing ?

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by oilyngbati(m): 12:55pm On Mar 07
tonicyril:
Watch...the cretins will soon say apc paid him grin grin grin grin

But wait ooh, how much do I need to secure an investment visa in USA or UK??

Na how me want take dey move in and out of whitelands be that I swear grin

Just like flokii said above, I job I can't do in my country I don't pray I do it in foreign land..amen.
@ the bolded, I can help you secure one, depending on your location. We do investment visas for only the USA, not for UK and it costs around $2M. You can reach me via dm and I’ll introduce you to our office in US. Thanks
Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by tyup(m): 12:57pm On Mar 07
Alexlalax1:
Reverse psychology. I know agbadorians will bring this here. Dem no get shame at all. My guy travelled four years ago and has achieved what he shouldn't have achieved in the next 20yrs. One's man food is another man's poison.

Why haven't you go join him??
Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by PropertyBuying(f): 1:03pm On Mar 07
✅💟💘💜 *THE REAL ESTATE BUSINESS IS GREAT AND MORE PROFITABLY WHEN AN AGENT HAVE STRATEGIC AND VIABLE PARTNERSHIP WITH REPUTABLE PROPERTY COMPANIES AND DEVELOPERS THAT DELIVERS! THIS BUSINESS COULD ALSO BE AN ALTERNATIVE INCOME SOURCE TO SOME PEOPLE.*

*And If You're Already A Property Agent, You Can Partner With Us &Do This Business From The Comfort of Your Location While You Earn 15% Commission On YOUR LAND SALES AND LOWER ON HOUSE SALE (you also earn indirect commission when your downline's/team members sell).*

If you are interested in *this kind of property selling business structures,* you can join Forbes Here 👇https:///DpX0WUgFRKJHFLWDokbTrO

Come and do the same referral thing and be made an employer of labour... Be handsomely rewarded with millions of Naira in regular commissions weekly/monthly consistently. *Click the below link (before we close the window) to join the group where we're about starting the Masterclass that reveals the secrete to earning juicy commission in Real Estate with us via the links here below*👇

*https:///DpX0WUgFRKJHFLWDokbTrO*

Then ensure you submit your embership registrations via below links. We have decided to sponsor just the first 20 people free. So do your own registration NOW before we return the actual attached Membership Registration fee of ₦50k per person .
🔹 *https://apps.forbesglobalrealtors.com.ng/signup.php?aff=000006*

*And this* 👇
🔹 *http://portal.ayhomes.ng/7029*

Come and do the same referral business and receive fringe benefits plus special accolades aside your fully paid commission that includes winning prizes like household electronics, land gift, Holiday trips to Europe, asoa & American continents, apartments, card, houses etc.

Come and do the same referral business with just an online training lecture *(at the Forbes Global Realtors ACADEMY)*
you'll become a partner and you can enjoy all the benefits we have to offer.

Equip yourself with *Ona kan o woja orientation* to add more to your sources of income.💰

It doesn't affect your existing job as you are not resuming to any office. *Your phone is your consultancy office.*🤣

It will be *added advantage* for you as extra income cash-flow.🤩🤷‍♀️

You will be added to a *Training Group* that is solely meant for *Real Estate Consultancy* trainings .You'll *be trained FREE professionally.*🤓

Also, remember that *no knowledge is a waste* & no income is too much for you🤷🏻‍♂

*Please forward this message to those you think will also need this Real Estate Business opportunity.*

*Register N😃W* using below link before the available slots are occupied 👇

Wishing you *Best of Luck* as you yield to the *CLEAR RECOMMENDATION* 👌

*If The Group Link Isn't Going Or ONCE You've Successfully Submitted Your Free Registration, Just Update Me Via My WhatsApp Line Below 👇 /2348155539270*

*https://apps.forbesglobalrealtors.com.ng/signup.php?aff=000006*

And

*https://portal.ayhomes.ng/7029*

*ONCE You've Successfully Submitted Your Free Registration Or If The The Group's Link Isn't Gkinf Through, Please Click Here👇Below To Update Me So We Can Add You To The Main Group Of Productive Realtor Business Men & Women👇 www./2348155539270*
Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Zeus123: 1:22pm On Mar 07
Easily make $8000 a month. Lol, common man they lie small small
babzo:
Uber? In America?
Is he in America?
I did Uber in America .
If you do it full time, you can make more than degree holders.
Anyone doing it 8 to 12 hours a day, can easily make $8000 to $10,000 a month. The average for full timers is $6000 a month.

Definitely, a driver is a driver anywhere in the world , especially a taxi driver ( uber etc) so by societal standards its low on the tandem pole; but 75k annual income in the US for a household puts one at a middle class. Talk less of one spouse making 75k to 100k , add it to your wife's income and that's over 150k a year; that's upper middle class in America and rich.

Maybe he did it part time.
Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by erico2k2(m): 1:31pm On Mar 07
FreeStuffsNG:
Why I regret relocating abroad – Femi Brainard opens up on being Uber driver [VIDEO]

Nigerian film actor Femi Brainard has opened up about life while living abroad. The thespian granted an interview with Teju Oyelakin, aka, Teju Babyface on his podcast.

Speaking on the perks as well as the disadvantages attached to relocating abroad, especially being a celebrity, Femi Brainard said it is better to be celebrated and be a prince in Nigeria than to move abroad and be a nobody. He also noted that his wife does not love it at all.

While speaking with the comedian, Brainard noted that anytime he is driving, his Nigerian passengers in particular can’t help but stare at him in disbelief and wonder if he is the star they know.

The actor added that the curious ones would approach him to be sure he was the famous actor they knew in Nigeria.

Femi Brainard said the bills are a lot and he has things like rent to think about. The actor who celebrated his 10th wedding anniversary in May of 2023 explained that he was so broke to an extent once that he went to the parking lot and burst into tears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xXUpqrIpx4?si=eFP_4Z69BPoX88iP

https://www.reubenabati.com.ng/feature/yankee-no-know-star-o-i-regret-relocating-abroad-femi-brainard-opens-up-on-being-uber-driver
he should return to 9ja ASAP so another person can take his position,Ungreatful people.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by achimendy(m): 1:45pm On Mar 07
Jewessgratitud3:
Wow this guy! Is that why I no longer see him in movies? He has added so much weight.

Whats he saying? If it doesn't favor you abeg come back home. Which one you go dey cry for motor park. undecided

I still believe it better over there because you'll get jobs to do and if you remove shame you'll survive and live comfortably.

E hard e hard na him e fat full everywhere.

I always tell people how you travel out to foreign land matters allot.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Caleycash(m): 1:58pm On Mar 07
FreeStuffsNG:

Eni awifun Oba je o gbo.

Many of them are so stuck now that they can't even be as sincere to themselves as he is.

It's nothing but a wrong mindset to think that you will resent your own land/ country and expect that you will prosper on that land or overseas, it's impossible!

When you are not blessed in Nigeria, it's not because others are not doing well here in Nigeria, for most of you, you were horribly raised with the wrong mindset and indoctrinated to hate Nigeria by some of your parents who were part of those behind the multiple problems now facing the nation so you ended up and continued your life in a circle of negative minded unpatriotic people. You curse Nigeria, the land curses you back in multiple folds and nothing you sow in the land will prosper but if you bless Nigeria, the land blesses you back in multiples.

Until you wish Nigeria well and do your best in patriotism, you will never be blessed by this land and if you carry your resentment and hatred for Nigeria overseas, the rejection by Nigeria will follow you like your shadow.

The grass is always greener on the other side until you get there. What you are doing here in Nigeria is so valuable that if you nurture it well, you will one day be going overseas for business/ professional travels and enjoy vacations with your family and friends. And even if you still don't go overseas, you will be happy, safe, fulfilled and blessed here in Nigeria.

Super Story!... tell that to the unpatriotic western citizens doing fine in all endeavours of there lives, religion has destroyed this nation... Not patriotism and finally that guy is ashamed because he has pride, outside naija nobody send your Papa, Nigeria is a useless country and needs total overhauling, let me see how being realistic affects my growth all round!, mtcheeww

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by borie4u(m): 2:00pm On Mar 07
Let him sit down and be whining himself. Uber driver makes bastard money in the UK even pass nurses and doctor self. If he bad for him why he no come back to Nigeria at least they no hold him. See no allow anybody whine u, abroad is far better than Nigeria at least I am a testimony to that. What I can't make in a year in Nigeria, I dey make am in a week in UK working just five days a week. Abegiii

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by tabaralph: 2:02pm On Mar 07
FreeStuffsNG:

Eni awifun Oba je o gbo.

Words of wisdom on the marble… eni awifun obajekogbo

1 Like

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by aguyph: 2:11pm On Mar 07
You lie ,over here you work for your money not that nonsense where ppl just share money for doing nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by kuntash: 2:45pm On Mar 07
FreeStuffsNG:

Eni awifun Oba je o gbo.

guy, you speak as if you are full of hate for anyone who decides to leave the country, I say so because you didnt stick to this particular instance of this guy's story, firstly if I need to go by your response, Was he resentful about Naija? or was he cursing the Land?
Also are you saying anyone that tells the Naija story like the President did himself in Doha recently about the corrupt officials in the line of doing biz in Nigeria would reap bad things in multiple folds?

Oga take it easy, resentment is too serious a phrase to use in this instance, there are people who speak so bad of Naija and they are doing well both home and abroad, while there are also those who speak so well and support anything the govt does, yet they are feeling the heat more than any other person both in Naija and abroad.

My take here however, is that whoever wishes to leave the country should plan his way and not out of desperation, more planning should be done when you have no one to leverage on over there . Do a test run for a period to make your decision.

@OP, if you appreciate the possitivity Nigerians in diaspora are dishing out especially in terms of finance to sustain the economy, I am sure you might want to rephrase your post. India once upon a time esperienced severe brain drain, but today they have been able to utilize that expertise of brain drain to build they country . Bottom line therefore, negative energies should be directed at Bad rulers or leadership! Call out those who arent doing well and applaud anyone that tries to get things right!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by babzo(m): 2:50pm On Mar 07
Zeus123:

I am telling you something I personally experienced, you are saying it's a lie, that's really disrespectful.

If you think it's a lie, why not dispute it with some facts?

Show a full time Uber Drivers account summary for 8 to 12 hours of driving and let's see if it adds up to make close to $2000 a week.

This life is not that hard Mr. Man.

Uber is not a secret job, hundreds of thousands if not millions of people do it every day and in America you can't hide your earnings or income since everyone must pay tax.
Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Gentlealibu: 2:50pm On Mar 07
K
Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by AirBay: 2:50pm On Mar 07
Zeus123:
It's possible. I knew a man who made £10000 monthly.

Though he does not depend on uber rides alone. He has a client base, mostly Asian students that pays him to take them to parties and drive them back home. He got his base from uber.
Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by papyjaypaul: 3:10pm On Mar 07
EconomistXplain:

Regina askia is a woman...woman nd men's life is not same....remember sh traveled out on marriage bases, and the American took care of things for her, sent her to nursing school and all that...

This one is a man, a married man, no b same thing

We are always going to make excuses. I can make 1000000 excuses for her that marriage and motherhood can make her become a nobody. Regina Askia left when the ovation was loudest, that was just after Dangerous Girls movie. Fame does not put food on the table but fame can also open doors. Some people will be successful with or without fame, I don't want us to always blame life choices. Femi Brainard is a successful man, he should not let the temporary difficulties of abroad life set him back. Everyday people.

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Ronaldoguy: 3:14pm On Mar 07
Whois:
Alinco didn't japa, oga is doing Mc for events now. He was the MC at a wedding I attended early this year. I attached his number incase you need to confirm

ednut1:
Boy Alinco character has been played by different people over the years, Bayo Bankole who first played it is in the US while Victor Oyebode is stuck in Nigeria. You guys are talking about two different people.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by colp2015: 3:26pm On Mar 07
Whois:

There are two different guys who acted Alinco. The first giy was Jeje in Owoblow. He lives in Texas and acts in movie production in America.

About the second guy you posted up there - I am not familiar with him.

The popular boy Alinco lives somewhere in Texas.

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by EconomistXplain: 3:32pm On Mar 07
papyjaypaul:

We are always going to make excuses. I can make 1000000 excuses for her that marriage and motherhood can make her become a nobody. Regina Askia left when the ovation was loudest, that was just after Dangerous Girls movie. Fame does not put food on the table but fame can also open doors. Some people will be successful with or without fame, I don't want us to always blame life choices. Femi Brainard is a successful man, he should not let the temporary difficulties of abroad life set him back. Everyday people.

Successful as an uber driver abroad...? Guy ur mind is in naira and dollar convertion...that guy pays his bill in dollars and rents in dollars..his children school feed is in dollars....except he plans relocation to Nigeria is when I will agree he is rich...less that, he is a very low income person abroad...dou his children might make a better for it
Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by papyjaypaul: 4:06pm On Mar 07
Goodlady:

Uncle Femi said it in reality. But don't use that opportunity to defend FG. Things are not well and it's those things that drove Femi Brainard to USA. Why are Americans not japaing to Nigeria?
It's common sense. The citizens are ready to fix Nigeria more than those in govt.
End of topic
Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by papyjaypaul: 4:11pm On Mar 07
GreatrAnalyst:
Sir o

If you have skills or develop some, you would relish every moment you live in that part of the world.
Many Nollywood guys who relocated living in the same US with you won't agree with this your statements.
Bukky Wright relocated and started a new career in IT, she's a beauty to behold. Check her out on LinkedIn. If you are nobody or a little above average in Nigeria, your best bet to be above average in the State is to adapt and learn skills that will put you ahead. You don't go to the US and feel you will be a King when you don't bring anything to the table.
Stephanie Okereke, Genevieve, and many more can't share these regrets with you sir

Thank you for reminding me

Why I left Nollywood for 15 years, took up menial jobs in UK — Sola Sobowale
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/545765-why-i-left-nollywood-for-15-years-took-up-menial-jobs-in-uk-sola-sobowale.html?

Nigerians get carried away with fame and showbiz. There are many celebrities who say that showbiz is not real life and they still have to work hard to survive but Nigerians know how to calculate your networth for you. That's why we celebrate and reward criminals in society.

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by papyjaypaul: 4:12pm On Mar 07
EconomistXplain:

Successful as an uber driver abroad...? Guy ur mind is in naira and dollar convertion...that guy pays his bill in dollars and rents in dollars..his children school feed is in dollars....except he plans relocation to Nigeria is when I will agree he is rich...less that, he is a very low income person abroad...dou his children might make a better for it

Do you have kids? Define what is rich

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gbemi Reacts To Mompha Arrest Over Internet Fraud And Money Laundering / Shina Peller & Wife Ayobola celebrate 16th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Throwback Photos: Tunde Ednut With Akon, Dbanj, Don Jazzy, Juliet Ibrahim, Phyno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.