Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,210 members, 7,811,572 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures (24373 Views)

Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos / 200 Buildings Being Demolished In Anambra For Ekwulobia Road Expansion & Flyover / How Caramelo Lounge Was Demolished In Abuja By FCTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by victorsola: 9:36am On Mar 10
Cindypresh:

Shut up, do those houses look clustered to you?

You're demolishing beautiful houses like this while people are living in makoko and other slum areas in Lagos.

Stop defending rubbish
na ode born you . Cus if not I will understand say no be by beautiful house , they go wan cut conners plant house to disturb plan . If they have problem with government they should go to court
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by caracas: 9:45am On Mar 10
Slytiger:

Aside caveat emptor (buyers beware), the wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind exceedingly fine.

It means people will and may likely think they have gone away with ilegal activities since enforcement is always playing catch up, but the law would eventually catch up with them.
Yes you are right, justice is slow and this ppl you are destroying their houses will eventually get justice. Your Apc might be in power today but I assure you that things will change soon n those who perpetrated this actions will one day pay for their actions one way or another…..
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Originalsly: 11:42am On Mar 10
My view... certain things need to be considered:
1. Are the buildings in a prohibited area? e.g on a waterway? If yes ... such buildings should be demolished period. If the owner was given an official permit .... then the building should be fully compensated ... the official who signed off on the permit charged ... sentenced ... and fined the compensation amount or more.
2. If the buildings are not in a prohibited area ... do not violate the building codes ....and the owners have official permits then their buildings shouldn't be demolished. If they don't have official permits... or no records of permits ... demolition.
Before looking into demolition they need to have their house in order... internal investigations to determine their officials who were issuing permits to build on illegal areas. Those officials need to be fished out and charged or it will be business as usual..... corruption from within.

1 Like

Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Johnthesuccess: 12:03pm On Mar 10
DatNiggaDaz:
In the guise of building plans, the lagoon carried hatred, jealousy and tribalism to another level.

Just because Tinubu was beaten mercilessly in the lagoon in the last fraudulent election

My SS people shebi una dey learn.

In every demolition under the pretext of whatever,compensation is always a priority. But in this case compensation is a tribal reaction due to the electoral loss of the Tinubu in the Lagoon

Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by naijamerican: 12:21pm On Mar 10
Nigeria is such a backwards and useless place
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Good2go1: 12:33pm On Mar 10
Just as you wish others may God Almighty in same measure destroy everything destroyable in your life,IJN Amen
YorubaNiBaba:
Destroy anything destroyable, any bastard wey dey complain should go to his/her c*rsed region and build anyhow
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by ada9ja(f): 12:43pm On Mar 10
YorubaNiBaba:
Destroy anything destroyable, any bastard wey dey complain should go to his/her c*rsed region and build anyhow

Na person wey dey live for face me and face you currently dey talk like this. Shame to the people wey birthed you
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by CommonSense1967: 1:09pm On Mar 10
Realtruth2023:

Once again you will be arrested if you continue this tribal baiting, DSS are reading posts here on nairaland.

It's tribal baiting when others talk about your hypocrisy but it's perfectly ok when you and your likes talk about others. Stop closing.

Same way you all voted for the Agulu packaged fraud simply because he's Igbo but you are wailing and crying calling others tribalists. Bunch of delusional retarded hypocritical clowns.
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by damoobaba: 2:31pm On Mar 10
Timoleon:
It doesn't happen in any state that the government will carry out demolitions without notice. Stop with the willful misinformation.

Seek redress through the courts, nothing anybody fit do for nairaland.

Continue listening to lies. I live in Badore, Eti-osa and close to one of the canals here. Many people go to any length just because they want to own land in Lagos. There are ways to do verification on any land you want to buy but many are not interested in the stress involve in going to Alausa to do that. There are some houses blocking the canal that's supposed to take water into the lagoon here and those houses have been marked for demolition long ago. When government comes to demolish it tomorrow, they will say no notice was given.

People are supposed to have learn their lessons several years ago when Fashola was Lagos Governor that you cant outsmart government.

The summary of this epistle is that many of these houses will still go down b4 the rains begin, watch out.

1 Like

Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Abufo: 3:55pm On Mar 10
Putindbutt:

Go and tell your tales to Governor Mbah that was demolishing your father's house last month. sore losers.

So because Mba pulled down 3 homes in his political brigandage, that justifies what lagos government is doing, oya follow mba and jump into fire nah! Your logic is warped and totally senseless! This is why other races regard Africans as one rung of the ladder higher than Apes! Tomorrow you will claim you are educated and exposed!
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Obiedun(m): 4:26pm On Mar 10
DatNiggaDaz:
while you are playing tribalism from the Lagoon
Stop exposing your ignorance
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Timoleon(m): 7:44pm On Mar 10
damoobaba:

Continue listening to lies. I live in Badore, Eti-osa and close to one of the canals here. Many people go to any length just because they want to own land in Lagos. There are ways to do verification on any land you want to buy but many are not interested in the stress involve in going to Alausa to do that. There are some houses blocking the canal that's supposed to take water into the lagoon here and those houses have been marked for demolition long ago. When government comes to demolish it tomorrow, they will say no notice was given.

People are supposed to have learn their lessons several years ago when Fashola was Lagos Governor that you cant outsmart government.

The summary of this epistle is that many of these houses will still go down b4 the rains begin, watch out.

You are ranting at the wrong person. If you understood my initial post, you wouldn't have bothered with this long epistle.

My initial post in a nutshell, for every building demolished, the government definitely must have notified them.

Shalom.
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Fearyourcreator: 8:51pm On Mar 10
DCmonster:
This is madness. Who approved the buildings in the first place.
Tokunbo wahab is doing too much and causing people pain in Lagos lately.
Yes lots of building are sitting on waterways but who approved them for the developers.
Those responsible should be made to go through what innocent tenants and house owners are going through.
It's a criminal act as no official will get away for approving a building sitting on waterways in sane climes.
It's practically impossible for those house owner to get justice or compensation.
NIGERIAns wey go follow omo onile go check land ... Them go reach see foundation them go still buy am ... The person selling will say quickly erect the structure sharply ... Buyer go pay abeg who no be thief amongst them ... NIGERIAns dey build house under power line... Area wey them don tell them to leave and they have been compensated they won't leave after collecting money ... They will sell it to another citizen that knows nothing about the thing happening... Those ones go later dey face troubles... You see this issue I am 100 percent sure the property owners get major fault in the matter
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Fearyourcreator: 8:54pm On Mar 10
Timoleon:
It doesn't happen in any state that the government will carry out demolitions without notice. Stop with the willful misinformation.

Seek redress through the courts, nothing anybody fit do for nairaland.
You dey mind am...
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Fearyourcreator: 8:55pm On Mar 10
DatNiggaDaz:
In the guise of building plans, the lagoon carried hatred, jealousy and tribalism to another level.

Just because Tinubu was beaten mercilessly in the lagoon in the last fraudulent election

In every demolition under the pretext of whatever,compensation is always a priority. But in this case compensation is a tribal reaction due to the electoral loss of the Tinubu in the Lagoon
I no dey pity una at all .. una wahala too much
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Fearyourcreator: 8:55pm On Mar 10
kenny714433:
We'll always want to live in well planned environment that looks like Vegas, but at any given point, we'll rush to cluster houses like rats.

Go get the damn approval and do the right thing. Nigerians are naturally chaotic, noisy, uncivilised and unplanned people. The beautiful pedestrian and green areas/trees over here has been taken over by street traders.
We get for body no be small
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Fearyourcreator: 8:56pm On Mar 10
Cindypresh:

Shut up, do those houses look clustered to you?

You're demolishing beautiful houses like this while people are living in makoko and other slum areas in Lagos.

Stop defending rubbish
Go help them then ... As e dey pain you
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Fearyourcreator: 8:57pm On Mar 10
favor914:
Same electoral loss hatred that Professor Soludo is exhibiting in Anambra State abi?

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/541455-why-we-demolished-odumejes-church-soludo.html?tztc=1
You dey mind them ... Very useless p*ople

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Fearyourcreator: 8:58pm On Mar 10
Abufo:

A war foretold does not claim the cripple's life...........Ndigbo have used their tongue to count their teeth! Your plans are in the open nah! I only pity those who are unable or unwilling to move their investment eastwards!
Lolz
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Fearyourcreator: 9:02pm On Mar 10
DCmonster:
Look how you are disgracing yourself.
Dear Illiterate,the houseswho approved the construction of the houses in the first place because they are not being demolished as illegal structures but approved structured which were found to be situated on reclaimed waterways.
Stop disgracing yourself.
From your house you know pass Lagos government... Oya go court
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Fearyourcreator: 9:02pm On Mar 10
DCmonster:
So says a poor pauper who can't afford house rent talk more of a house.
There is no way an illegal unapproved structures in their hundreds will get to completion stage if they weren't approved by authorities.
Billionaire dey cry ... Lolz
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Abufo: 9:21pm On Mar 10
Putindbutt:

Your papa house dey among?, you no fit to go build your illegal structures in your region.

I own 4 homes in Lagos, i am looking for buyers sef! The latrine smell of lagos is ok for me! Very wack city....!
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by randymirrors(f): 10:10pm On Mar 10
YorubaNiBaba:

GBAM!
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Sctests: 7:00am On Mar 11
Appletek:

In mid Feb, I just reported one Igbo man constructing an unapproved hotel encroaching on road and setback in a certain part of Lagos. Wrote the petition and submitted it. They have already marked it "Total removal" with red paint.
Do you know what that means?

You go see the rubbles on Nairaland

See as hate just engulf your total being, while your mates they make money in hard currency. grin

Tomorrow when your children ask you why you poor like church rat while your mates are all rich, you go say na Ibo man do you. grin

Na serious die you dey. grin
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Cromagnon: 7:12am On Mar 11
DatNiggaDaz:

votes have con sequences
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Appletek: 7:20am On Mar 11
Sctests:

See as hate just engulf your total being, while your mates they make money in hard currency. grin

Tomorrow when your children ask you why you poor like church rat while your mates are all rich, you go say na Ibo man do you. grin

Na serious die you dey. grin

See this demented wawa Osu pauper. I can feed your entire lineage, starting from your wretched father.
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Sctests: 7:58am On Mar 11
Appletek:

See this demented wawa Osu pauper. I can feed your entire lineage, starting from your wretched father.

No you can't. I assure you. grin

Mr Agbado, you dey sell dead apple phones for computer village, you can't feed a Melbourne-based Medical Scientist with a PhD that earns almost N95 million Naira per annum.

Tell yourself the truth my dear. grin
Re: Houses Demolished In Eti-osa As Lagos Gov't Cracks Down On Illegal Structures by Lifestone(m): 8:09pm On Mar 11
DCmonster:
So says a poor pauper who can't afford house rent talk more of a house.
There is no way an illegal unapproved structures in their hundreds will get to completion stage if they weren't approved by authorities.
You kept talking of poor and pauper as if you own a thing. I have gone beyond arguing with you. I don't swim with the pig.
You haven't answer my question. Where are the approvals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 Key Things You Need To Know About Real Estate Investment. / How Do You Select A Good Builder? / Enquiry On Cost Of Aluminium Roofing Sheet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.