Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos (24130 Views)

NEED BUILDING APPROVAL, APPROVAL DOCUMENTATION in NIG.? WHATSAPP 08069253261 / YOU WANT BUILDING APPROVAL, Approval documentation in NIGERIA?call 08069253261 / ORIGINAL SURVEY PLAN,BUILDING PLAN DOCUMENT,BUILDING APPROVAL & CONSTRUTION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by 4KNGOATS(m): 6:31am On Mar 10
Exousiang01:

Well that your trust word to my reply was an insult shows the I.Q of the person I am dealing with.
There is no point having a conversation with you.
Na me jump entre your pigsty na why you get mind wan rub shit for my body.
I don comot.
Sorry no vex
I beg gerraout Ra hia
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Love800(m): 8:09am On Mar 10
But why are people not passing through all dis to build their houses?
Kurumaru:
THOUGH I CANT UNDERSTAND UR INTENT OF BRINGING UP THIS TOPIC.
FROM THE ASSESSMENT U UPLOADED ABOVE, UR APPLICATION IS A COMMERCIAL ONE...

U ALSO MODULED UP THE ACTIVITIES OF THE LAGOS STATE PHYSICAL PLANNING AND PERMIT AUTHORITY (LASPPPA) AND YHE LAGOS STATE BUILDING CONTROL AGENCY (LASBCA).

FOR FURTHER CLARIFICATION,

for your Building plan approvals: go to LAGOS STATE PHYSICAL PLANNING AND PERMIT AUTHORITY (LASPPPA).

for ur Letter of Authorization to commence construction and subsequently Stage certification after u commence construction: LAGOS STATE BUILDING CONTROL AGENCY (LASBCA).

For Safety Certificates , boards etc: go to the LAGOS STATE SAFETY COMMISSION.

for Material and cube sample testing : go to LAGOS STATE MATERIAL TESTING LABORATORY.

Others are

If building close to any water body: LAGOS STATE MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT (DRAINAGE DEPT)

Local Government ( department of environment).; u have to keep ur sites clean.

FEDERAL FIRE SERVICE.

Note : LAGOS STATE PHYSICAL PLANNING AND PERMIT AUTHORITY (LASPPPA) IS ALSO KNOWN INFORMALLY AS THE TOWN PLANNING.
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Love800(m): 8:21am On Mar 10
U mean he shouldnt have gone through all these process? I thought dis was the legal way to do things.
Panda7:
Oga, looks like you don't have a good Mason to contract. Which one is contracting everyone
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by MonogramMaster(m): 8:29am On Mar 10
Following
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by IvarDboneless: 9:26am On Mar 10
I can never build a property in lagos state over my dead body
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Advancedman(m): 11:19am On Mar 10
None of the inspectors is wearing safety apparatus.

I didn't even see any caution tape or any safety sign for that matter.
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Kurumaru: 11:19am On Mar 10
Love800:
But why are people not passing through all dis to build their houses?

AWARENESS, my brother, the right information ..
YOUR FIRST CONTACT BEFORE YOU EVEN BUY A LAND SHOULD BE A REGISTERED TOWN PLANNER. ( THEY CHART THE LAND AND GIVE U A PLANNING ADVICE SUCH AS STATUS OF THE LAND, USE OF THE LAND, THE ATTAINABLE HEIGHTS, NO OF UNITS ETC).

IN CASE U DONT HAVE CONTACT OF A REGISTERED TOWN PLANNER, THERE ARE DISTRICT OFFICES IN EVERY LGA's( not local government offices ). JUST WALK IN (ENSURE U MEET AN OFFICIAL,PREFARABLY THE DISTRICT OFFICER(D.O), NOT SOME HANG AROUNDS..

CONCLUSIVELY, THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT IS TRYING IN THE ASPECT OF CREATING MORE AWARENESS, SO AS TO MAKE THE PROCESS STRAIGHT FORWARD AND GUIDE PEOPLE FROM FALLING INTO WRONG HANDS.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by ojasweb(m): 11:23am On Mar 10
Kurumaru:

YOUR FIRST CONTACT BEFORE YOU EVEN BUY A LAND SHOULD BE A REGISTERED TOWN PLANNER. ( THEY CHART THE LAND AND GIVE U A PLANNING ADVICE SUCH AS STATUS OF THE LAND, USE OF THE LAND, THE ATTAINABLE HEIGHTS, NO OF UNITS ETC).

IN CASE U DONT HAVE CONTACT OF A REGISTERED TOWN PLANNER, THERE ARE DISTRICT OFFICES IN EVERY LGA's( not local government offices ). JUST WALK IN (ENSURE U MEET AN OFFICIAL,PREFARABLY THE DISTRICT OFFICER(D.O), NOT SOME HANG AROUNDS..

The awareness is the primary reason i created this thread, and also for me to learn more from others.

There are many things we don't know in Nigeria. We mostly follow the less informed crowd and blame government for everything.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Kurumaru: 11:32am On Mar 10
ojasweb:

The awareness is the primary reason i created this thread, and also for me to learn more from others.

There are many things we don't know in Nigeria. We mostly follow the less informed crowd and blame government for everything.

U ARE VERY CORRECT AND ON POINT BROTHER
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Love800(m): 1:29pm On Mar 10
Okay.
Tanks so much.

U talked about awareness. But i think some are aware but they said the process is too long and expensive.
Kurumaru:

CONCLUSIVELY, THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT IS TRYING IN THE ASPECT OF CREATING MORE AWARENESS, SO AS TO MAKE THE PROCESS STRAIGHT FORWARD AND GUIDE PEOPLE FROM FALLING INTO WRONG HANDS.
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Kurumaru: 2:17pm On Mar 10
Love800:
Okay.
Tanks so much.

U talked about awareness. But i think some are aware but they said the process is too long and expensive.

YES BRO, PARTIAL AWARENESS IT IS. THE LAGOS STATE PHYSICAL PLANNING AND PERMIT AUTHORITY (LASPPPA) USUALLY HOLDS A STAKEHOLDERS MEETING PERIODICALLY, WHERE ALL STAKEHOLDERS ARE MEANT TO CONVERGE AND DISCUSS MATTERS ARISING INCLUDING THOSE U JUST MENTIONED. BUT U SEE THE TURN OUT IS USUALLY LOW..
(MOST PEOPLE ARENT AWARE OF THAT, THEREBY CHANNEL THEIR VIEWS AND PAINS ON WRONG PLATFORMS, THEREBY AMOUNTING TO JUST MURMURING).
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Love800(m): 4:12pm On Mar 10
Nice write-up
Okay.
Kurumaru:

YES BRO, PARTIAL AWARENESS IT IS. THE LAGOS STATE PHYSICAL PLANNING AND PERMIT AUTHORITY (LASPPPA) USUALLY HOLDS A STAKEHOLDERS MEETING PERIODICALLY, WHERE ALL STAKEHOLDERS ARE MEANT TO CONVERGE AND DISCUSS MATTERS ARISING INCLUDING THOSE U JUST MENTIONED. BUT U SEE THE TURN OUT IS USUALLY LOW..
(MOST PEOPLE ARENT AWARE OF THAT, THEREBY CHANNEL THEIR VIEWS AND PAINS ON WRONG PLATFORMS, THEREBY AMOUNTING TO JUST MURMURING).
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Houseofglam7(f): 4:47pm On Mar 10
frankyychiji:
Come back dear, cement price will soon crash.

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Blackdisciple(m): 5:12pm On Mar 10
Tonididdyx:

The mata sef tire me.
See those croocks looking in between pillars like they didn't do so for story buildings wey Don crumble unto each other.

After all this stress, govt go come for demolition say e build hase untop govt lagoon

.... Id rather go invest multiple bungalows for my village than go via these stress

Walai man go still dey collect when it's due..
Useless government and useless policies, what are the people benefiting from the government, nothing other than miserable policies
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Sctests: 6:00pm On Mar 10
ojasweb:

I think i am lucky with the Godsent engineer.

He saved my life.

He monitors everything like his personal project.

Can I get your engineer's number?
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by ojasweb(m): 6:13pm On Mar 10
Sctests:

Can I get your engineer's number?

For privacy reasons, it will be good if you could send an email via my signature.
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by frankyychiji(f): 7:45pm On Mar 10
Houseofglam7:

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
grin
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by aariwa(m): 8:51pm On Mar 10
Aaaaarghmed:
15m
hi please can you Dm me the contractor’s contact? Thanks
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Bobby63: 11:51pm On Mar 10
I paid 2.5M for tax alone, assessment is about 1M and 500k for facilitation fee plus other expenses just a four bedroom duplex on a half plot and still the approval is not out. This has started June 2023. I have every copies of all the processes so far. I kept thinking maybe to sell the plot.
abbiboy:
House never start just approval one is spending 3milla, does lagos state think everything is about IGR or making it conducive for people that want to build following proper construction standard. undecided
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Bobby63: 11:57pm On Mar 10
Thanks for sharing bro. I have paid close to 5M for the approval of 4 bedroom duplex in a half plot since June 2023 and have not gotten the approval still.
ojasweb:
Most of the requirements from the LASBCA inspection are technical and handled by the engineer.

The major ones i remember is a mandatory mat for ground slab (german floor), and the spaces between rings for columns.
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Jarchi(m): 3:33am On Mar 11
Congratulations to one of my bosses, this was educative, shey I no go find money come learn data analysis and Google ads bayi?
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by ojasweb(m): 8:07am On Mar 11
Bobby63:
Thanks for sharing bro. I have paid close to 5M for the approval of 4 bedroom duplex in a half plot since June 2023 and have not gotten the approval still.

That's outrageous. How do they do your own assessment?

Residential property of that size shouldn't be that high.

If it's not handled by you, i hope the person in charge is being transparent with everything.
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by syntekelite(m): 9:53am On Mar 11
Nice and very detailed writeup esp the part about tax also the person who did most of the work for you is really good at the job.
Moreover you should let people know the type of building you plan on constructing, measurement of land and general area its situated as thats most of the factors that determine the price and time of approval.
Try getting the title to your land it might seem inconsequential but in lagos in the nearest future it will save your building..
Congrats in advance on your house warming..

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by OkanlawonB(m): 4:00pm On Mar 11
ojasweb:

If it's not handled by you, i hope the person in charge is being transparent with everything.

That is averagely about the amount it cost to get approval for an averagely valued location in Lagos.

The rate you paid is well below average considering the size of your proposed building. Your processing time frame of about 4 months is also way shorter than the norm.

Purchase receipt of Land alone is not adequate, an evidence of payment of stamp duty to the FIRS(federal internal revenue se.rvice) is also required, this is also stressful.

It is in most cases difficult to get cleared on tax matters from the LIRS( Lagos internal revenue service) by just presenting the last 3 years tax clearance certificates. LIRS often demand for more money inform of taxation to be paid into the government Koffer.

If the process was as you said you experienced it in terms of cost and processing time frame, i don't think many prospective builders will be complaining the way they do now.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by ojasweb(m): 5:13pm On Mar 11
OkanlawonB:

That is averagely about the amount it cost to get approval for an averagely valued location in Lagos.

The rate you paid is well below average considering the size of your proposed building. Your processing time frame of about 4 months is also way shorter than the norm.

Purchase receipt of Land alone is not adequate, an evidence of payment of stamp duty to the FIRS(federal internal revenue se.rvice) is also required, this is also stressful.

It is in most cases difficult to get cleared on tax matters from the LIRS( Lagos internal revenue service) by just presenting the last 3 years tax clearance certificates. LIRS often demand for more money inform of taxation to be paid into the government Koffer.

If the process was as you said you experienced it in terms of cost and processing time frame, i don't think many prospective builders will be complaining the way they do now.

The process is exactly as i described, for me. However, like i said initially, there are possibilities that others won't have the dame experience.

I am also learning more from every contribution.

I will be processing another approval soon and i might as well share my experience.
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by aariwa(m): 12:01am On Mar 12
Aaaaarghmed:
15m
I have not seen the dm or you can post it here. I want to engage him for my own project after he has done yours
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Bobby63: 7:31pm On Mar 12
I believe is just the way Lagos state is turning out to be in regard to real estate industry. All the payments were made to the Lagos state account with my payers ID and I have the receipt. The only one payment I made that was painful is the 500K for facilitation and yet the guy took the money and did nothing rather than telling my engineer what to do. In fact, I am tired and beginning to think selling the plot. They have given me approval number though.
ojasweb:

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by ojasweb(m): 10:09am On Mar 13
Bobby63:
I believe is just the way Lagos state is turning out to be in regard to real estate industry. All the payments were made to the Lagos state account with my payers ID and I have the receipt. The only one payment I made that was painful is the 500K for facilitation and yet the guy took the money and did nothing rather than telling my engineer what to do. In fact, I am tired and beginning to think selling the plot. They have given me approval number though.

We learn every day.
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Procashtips(m): 10:30am On Mar 13
PastorOlokonla:
I will never build now. This is the best opportunity to buy distressed properties of those who built cheap.

4 bedroom duplex is available around Ibeju Lekki.

Roofed already.
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Villa12(m): 5:06pm On Mar 13
PastorOlokonla:
I will never build now. This is the best opportunity to buy distressed properties of those who built cheap.
don't you think the distress sellers might want to sell their distressed properties based on today's reality?
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by PastorOlokonla: 5:13pm On Mar 13
Villa12:
don't you think the distress sellers might want to sell their distressed properties based on today's reality?

They have no Choice, I see lots of cheap distressed properties, some of them need cash for new projects, some want to leave the country. The big opportunity now is in distressed properties.
Re: My Experience With Building Approval In Lagos by Villa12(m): 5:18pm On Mar 13
PastorOlokonla:

They have no Choice, I see lots of cheap distressed properties, some of them need cash for new projects, some want to leave the country. The big opportunity now is in distressed properties.
what i mean is that they may sell it costly because they understand getting that same properties at this time of inflation economy will definitely cost more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? / Another Building Collapses In Lagos / A Dairy Of My 1st Building Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.