Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women (24791 Views)

Delta State Police Uncovers Baby Factory, Rescue Three Pregnant Women / Abia Police Killed 8 IPOB Members, 2 Officers Died In CID Office Attack (Graphic / Baby Factory: Pastor, 16 Pregnant Women Arrested In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by FreeStuffsNG: 11:42pm On Mar 09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s4GvA1lzDI

The police in Abia State, South-east Nigeria, say they have busted a suspected “baby factory” in Aba, the commercial hub of the state.

The police spokesperson in Abia State, Maureen Chinaka, disclosed this during a press briefing on Friday in Umuahia, the state capital.

The text of the press briefing was forwarded to PREMIUM TIMES on Saturday.

Ms Chinaka, an assistant superintendent of police, said 16 pregnant girls, aged between 17 and 27 years, were rescued during the operation.

She said 13 of the rescued pregnant girls hail from Akwa Ibom State, South-south Nigeria, while two others come from Cross River, another state in the South-south.

One of the girls hails from Ebonyi State, Nigeria’s South-east

The spokesperson said the operation was conducted on Thursday night by police operatives from the Rapid Response Squad in the state.

She said the operatives also rescued eight children, comprising five males and three females, from the “baby factory”.

The eight children were aged between two and 11 years.

Arrest of suspects
Ms Chinaka said two suspects – a woman and a man – allegedly harbouring the girls at the “baby factory” have been arrested by the police.

The police spokesperson identified the suspects as 29-year-old woman, Onyinyechi Okoro, and 32-year-old man, Ekene Okezie.

She said while Mrs Okoro hails from Ihechiowa Community in Arochukwu Local Government Area of Abia State, Mr Okezie is from Aro-Ndizuogu, a community in Ideato North Local Government Area of Imo State.

“Discrete investigation is ongoing,” she said.

Baby factories’ in Nigeria
“Baby factory,” sometimes disguised as an orphanage, is a name given to a facility where traffickers hold women, mostly teenagers, against their will, rape and force them to get pregnant.

The newborns at the facility are then sold illegally to adoptive parents.

Girls in such a facility are sometimes forced into child labour and prostitution.

A recent investigation uncovered how a supposed Christian orphanage in Anambra State, another state in the South-east, was illegally selling babies between N1.5 million and N2 million, depending on a baby’s gender.

The investigation also revealed how the sales were executed with the collusion of some officials of the Nigerian police and the judiciary.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/675902-police-uncover-baby-factory-rescue-16-pregnant-girls.html

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by FreeStuffsNG: 11:42pm On Mar 09
Great job by the Nigerian Police and the Anambra state government. Akwa Ibom state Government must get to the bottom of this because most of the baby mamas are from Akwa Ibom. This is an oil rich state yet with a lot of poverty the government can help reduce.

Most of them are minors so their parents are indicted too. In my opinion, their parents should be apprehended and paraded as well. And that 'factory' building should be confiscated by Federal govt to serve as deterrent to others who desire to convert their buildings for such activities because of love for money.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by successmatters(m): 11:44pm On Mar 09
What section of the Nigerian constitution did these people violate?

Lawyers?

They lived in a house, this is even a 4 storey, 10 flats affair. I am sure most Nigerians from some parts cannot dream of living in this kind of house.

They were not crying for hunger, the report didn't say they were being starved. In contrast, hunger is beating the hell out of many other Nigerians in different states.

They were not reported sick or dying.

They were not doing prostitutiin with their pregnancy load, no report of such in the news.

They even had children they are taking care of, while some other children are roaming around this country begging food with plastic plates on the streets

They were not reported to be causing any havoc in their area.

I am willing to learn.

256 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by successmatters(m): 11:54pm On Mar 09
FreeStuffsNG:
Great job by the Nigerian Police and the Anambra state government.

Most of them are minors so their parents are indicted too. In my opinion, their parents should be apprehended and paraded as well. And that 'factory' building should be confiscated by Federal govt to serve as deterrent to others who desire to convert their buildings for such activities because of love for money.

I didn't read the part where it was mentioned that the pregnant women were minors, can you point me to it please. Or did you make that part up so you can indict them of criminality.

Confisticating the house of a man who rented his house for people to live? Where is the offence in that? Bandits, armed ribbers, fraudsters live in houses without the landlords facing any charges whatsoever.

Is it because this one happen in a particular location in Nigeria that you're suddenly sounding like this?

Tribalism is not good o

175 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by successmatters(m): 12:10am On Mar 10
They have refused to rescue the thousands of kidnapped school children I'm the north, looked the other way when bandits invade the SW to kill people. If not for Sunday Igboho, who else can protect those people. What they are after are defenceless young people living in a house to raise their children.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by FreeStuffsNG: 12:55am On Mar 10
successmatters:

I didn't read the part where it was mentioned that the pregnant women were minors, can you point me to it please.

Advice to the parents
She lamented that most of the vices are poverty-driven and urged parents to be open to their children and train them on the right tradition.

Referred to as girls.
The Ministry of Women Affairs in collaboration with the office of the First Lady will do everything humanly possible to ensure that those girls are protected and properly taken care of, while we will give the necessary support to our security agencies, especially the police to ensure that whoever is involved are properly prosecuted,” he said.

No matter your unsuccessful matters to justify the crime or blackmail with tribalism, I am proud of the Nigeria Police and I support the Anambra state government, the Government is right to bring up the angle of poor parenting because the girls were seen as not yet fully matured to be on their own and should still be under parental care and control.

75 Likes

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by JagabanB: 1:09am On Mar 10
successmatters:

Lawyers?

They lived in a house, this is even a 4 storey, 10 flats affair. I am sure most Nigerians from some parts cannot dream of living in this kind of house.

They were not crying for hunger, the report didn't say they were being starved. In contrast, hunger is beating the hell out of many other Nigerians in different states.

They were not doing prostitutiin with their pregnancy load, no report of such in the news.

They even had children they are taking care of, while some other children are roaming around this country begging food with plastic plates on the streets

I am willing to learn.

So the kids they birth, what happens to them?
Can you tell us?

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by Ikembeku: 1:20am On Mar 10
FreeStuffsNG:

Advice to the parents
She lamented that most of the vices are poverty-driven and urged parents to be open to their children and train them on the right tradition.

Referred to as girls.
The Ministry of Women Affairs in collaboration with the office of the First Lady will do everything humanly possible to ensure that those girls are protected and properly taken care of, while we will give the necessary support to our security agencies, especially the police to ensure that whoever is involved are properly prosecuted,” he said.

No matter your unsuccessful matters to justify the crime or blackmail with tribalism, I am proud of the Nigeria Police and I support the Anambra state government, the Government is right to bring up the angle of poor parenting because the girls were seen as not yet fully matured to be on their own and should still be under parental care and control.

Death to the pedophile 9 years rapist prophet

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by Max24: 4:36am On Mar 10
Imagine what they would have turned Nigeria to if they had won the presidency. Obis supporters are pure criminal minded individuals so long money comes out.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by EbinPawaGovt: 5:25am On Mar 10
FreeStuffsNG:

Yet people in your village are screaming EBIN PAWA O...

Go give them your freebies

EbinPawaGovt

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by EbinPawaGovt: 5:27am On Mar 10
Max24:
Imagine what they would have turned Nigeria to if they had won the presidency. Obis supporters are pure criminal minded individuals so long money comes out.

You mean these people? Just use your imagination papaa wink

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by haffaze777(m): 6:57am On Mar 10
Fake lews grin

48 Likes

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by chicfarmer: 7:22am On Mar 10
successmatters:

Lawyers?

I am willing to learn.

Don't play this game you're trying to play. It is not smartness. The north pretended that they had no problems when boko haram started, today they are paying a steep price for it.

If this madness is not stamped out by the East right now, they will definitely regret it tomorrow. Forget political correctness and call out evil when you see it.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by DeepThroater: 7:24am On Mar 10
successmatters:

Lawyers?

I am willing to learn.

See dem

Ekwensu child sacrificing heathens

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by DeepThroater: 7:26am On Mar 10
Shawnnn01:
Igbos have turn this page to tribalism just imagine what they are arguing up there. If they don't want the girls rescued the police should leave them to continue their baby factory.

You don't know how depraved and evil the average 0koro is.

As long as there is money involved they can sell their own mothers.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by Ola9ja23: 7:32am On Mar 10
successmatters:
They have refused to rescue the thousands of kidnapped school children I'm the north, looked the other way when bandits invade the SW to kill people. If not for Sunday Igboho, who else can protect those people. What they are after are defenceless young people living in a house to raise their children.

So you are happy that majority of children from SE are from baby factory?

For retual and cannibalism?

Look at the people that wants to fix Nigeria
So you must justify evil with evil

And your people are crying about skull mining while your people are mining thousands of babies unreported

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by DeepThroater: 7:34am On Mar 10
Ola9ja23:

So you are happy that majority of children from SE are from baby factory?

For retual and cannibalism?

Look at the people that wants to fix Nigeria
So you must justify evil with evil

And your people are crying about skull mining while your people are mining thousands of babies unreported

Evil knows no tribe or race but these people will defend their criminals .

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by JAMO84: 7:48am On Mar 10
I might have been arguing with baby factory products in all of my 12 years on this forum

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by Okoroawusa: 7:49am On Mar 10
That one na normal things. Na everyday dem dey bust dem

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by porthouse7(f): 3:18pm On Mar 10
Fear igbo, just do anything to be rich

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by Praying4Nigeria: 3:20pm On Mar 10
porthouse7:
Fear igbo, just do anything to be rich
Did you know that there are Great Blessings for being a Nigerian? See: https://www.nairaland.com/8026057/reap-benefits-being-nigerian
Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by Tjra: 3:20pm On Mar 10
Again?

JAMO84:
I might have been arguing with baby factory products in all of my 12 years on this forum

That's why I don't argue with some people on Nairaland.

Most of them were bought in a Baby factory hence their default aggressive blood.

I still wonder how one man's job is to go give like 500 women belle shocked

No wonder most of them look alike and have the same shape of head.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by seanfer(m): 3:20pm On Mar 10
FreeStuffsNG:

If you carry on like this. You will soon remove cloth and enter streets.

1 Like

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by anonymous1759(m): 3:21pm On Mar 10
quote author=FreeStuffsNG post=128862800]

https://punchng.com/abia-police-bust-baby-factory-rescue-16-pregnant-women/[/quote]

Definitely a fake news the poorest person in that region is a billionaire there’s nothing like Ebin Pawa over there. grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by JuanDeDios: 3:22pm On Mar 10
FreeStuffsNG:

https://punchng.com/abia-police-bust-baby-factory-rescue-16-pregnant-women/
Every day, baby factory. No one is trying to find a real solution to the problem. Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by TalkTalkTwins(m): 3:22pm On Mar 10
ok
Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by GenFunction: 3:22pm On Mar 10
successmatters:

Lawyers?

I am willing to learn.

Everything is wrong.they use dis babies for ritual purposes nd oda smelly things.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Police Bust Baby Factory, Rescue 16 Pregnant Women by Laple0541(m): 3:25pm On Mar 10
This people and baby factories!

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Husband Stole My Money, Beat, Sent Me Out Naked, Woman Tells Court / Civil Defence Officer Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Benue Buried Amidst Tears(pix / Armed Men Attack Latya In Jos, Kill 11, Injure Others (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.