Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Planning On Relocating To Lagos - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Planning On Relocating To Lagos (763 Views)

Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities / Planning On Resigning From My Job [resignation] / Please Help! Planning On Relocating To Kano For Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Planning On Relocating To Lagos by Eddodoh(m): 12:14am On Mar 10
I have being in one of the northern states for sometime now but nothing seems to be working. The state is dry, no jobs. The highest job one can see is Security job with very little pay.

Recently, i have being getting job interview invites from Lagos but my concern is that i have to travel, attend the interview & probably have to travel back waiting for possible calls if at all i succeed. I feel it's best if i stay in Lagos to make it easy but where to stay for the main time is my problem. In fact, i have interview schedule for Monday but i doubt i could attend.
Re: Planning On Relocating To Lagos by Ibkay32(m): 12:55am On Mar 10
It's a best decision
I'm trying to move too but still considering high cost of living in Lagos, if not Lagos is like UK where u can get job easily in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Planning On Relocating To Lagos by Eddodoh(m): 6:21am On Mar 10
Ibkay32:
It's a best decision
I'm trying to move too but still considering high cost of living in Lagos, if not Lagos is like UK where u can get job easily in Nigeria
I tell you!! I feel like i am wasting away where i am with my little academic qualification, experiences & skills. No tangible job.

I feel Lagos is like a river. When u are looking 4 fish, get in the river, u will be left with better chances to catch enough fishes.
Re: Planning On Relocating To Lagos by Ibkay32(m): 6:41am On Mar 10
Eddodoh:

I feel Lagos is like a river. When u are looking 4 fish, get in the river, u will be left with better chances to catch enough fishes.

You're right...Take a bold step to relocate bro, will try to join you too soon

2 Likes

Re: Planning On Relocating To Lagos by chieni(f): 7:46am On Mar 10
Eddodoh:
I have being in one of the northern states for sometime now but nothing seems to be working. The state is dry, no jobs. The highest job one can see is Security job with very little pay.

Recently, i have being getting job interview invites from Lagos but my concern is that i have to travel, attend the interview & probably have to travel back waiting for possible calls if at all i succeed. I feel it's best if i stay in Lagos to make it easy but where to stay for the main time is my problem. In fact, i have interview schedule for Monday but i doubt i could attend.

There are also NGO jobs in the North.
Re: Planning On Relocating To Lagos by MarketDispatch: 10:21am On Mar 10
Eddodoh:
I

When you arrive Lagos, go to your state liaison office in Lagos ..they should be able to assist you.

1 Like

Re: Planning On Relocating To Lagos by kmaster007: 2:34pm On Mar 10
No com ooo
Re: Planning On Relocating To Lagos by Aplaudez(m): 9:04pm On Mar 10
Eddodoh:

I tell you!! I feel like i am wasting away where i am with my little academic qualification, experiences & skills. No tangible job.

I'm just smiling mere reading your post. Firstly, hope you have a place to put your head for the main time, and secondly, Lagos isn't as easy as you think especially in the aspect of job Hunting.

3 Likes

Re: Planning On Relocating To Lagos by virtualbliss: 8:02pm On Mar 11
Eddodoh:

Request for a remote interview or select job invite that offers remote interview.
If accepted, you can begin processing your movement to Lagos.
Ensure you put Lagos address in your CV when applying for jobs in lagos.

If you will be needing a place to squat for like 6 months in Lagos when you get the job at a affordable fee, check back on this comment when you get a job

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Planning On Relocating To Lagos by stubsamm: 2:16am On Mar 12
Finance firm in Canada looking to Recruite hybrid and remote workers. Offering Visa sponsorship. Send resume to Support@bawariumcapital.com
Re: Planning On Relocating To Lagos by Think9ja(m): 9:55am On Mar 12
Come first.

By the time you attend like 6 or seven interviews without hearing back from them, you will know that Lagos is different when you're on the inside..

I've come to the conclusion that most vacancies they put out is either just to boost their popularity, or just mere formality. If you have a friend that works in a good place, you'll likely get a job soon. But if you're hoping on that interview you dusted .... Well, goodluck with that.

Like this the place don tire me I swear.

3 Likes

Re: Planning On Relocating To Lagos by IyaTola: 2:01pm On Mar 12
You coming for a better job you haven't secure yet. I pity you a little sha. T
The only thing that can make you relocate to Lagos, is if you have your employment letter with you. Coming to look for a job that's not available is like going on a suicide mission.

2 Likes

Re: Planning On Relocating To Lagos by Offpoint1: 3:38pm On Mar 12
If you don't have money to sustain yourself, don't move to Lagos... This is not the time to become a burden to anyone.

If you stayed in the southeast or south-south, I would have said you'll cope, but coming from north where things are cheap... E go shock you.
5k can barely sustain you for 2 days in lagos

1 Like

Re: Planning On Relocating To Lagos by Eddodoh(m): 12:31am On Mar 16
MarketDispatch:

When you arrive Lagos, go to your state liaison office in Lagos ..they should be able to assist you.
Ok. Thanks
Re: Planning On Relocating To Lagos by Eddodoh(m): 12:34am On Mar 16
virtualbliss:

Request for a remote interview or select job invite that offers remote interview.
If accepted, you can begin processing your movement to Lagos.
Ensure you put Lagos address in your CV when applying for jobs in lagos.

If you will be needing a place to squat for like 6 months in Lagos when you get the job at a affordable fee, check back on this comment when you get a job

Cheers
Thanks
Re: Planning On Relocating To Lagos by Eddodoh(m): 12:35am On Mar 16
Aplaudez:

I'm just smiling mere reading your post. Firstly, hope you have a place to put your head for the main time, and secondly, Lagos isn't as easy as you think especially in the aspect of job Hunting.
Fear already catched me.

(1) (Reply)

Texas Energy Holding Inc. Issue / Job Fair is it 419? / Unity Bank How Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.