Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,987 members, 7,810,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months (36179 Views)

BUA Chairman Promises Nigerians Not To Increase Prices Of Products For Now / Femi Otedola Visits ‘Dangote Wonderland’ Second Time in One Month (Photo) / Nigerian Breweries Raises N15bn To Support Short-term Funding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by lexylaw09: 12:43pm On Mar 11
Nigerian Breweries Plc have announced another increase in the price of its products after the earlier increase in February.

The new price review will take effect from the 15th of March 2024.

The company disclosed this in a review notification sent to customers around the South-West zone signed by its zonal business manager which was obtained by Nairametrics.

According to the notice, the latest price review is premised on the need to mitigate the impact of rising input costs.

It stated, As earlier informed we will review the prices of some of our SKUs effective Friday 15th March 2024. This review has become necessary because of the continued rising input cost and the need to mitigate the impact.
“All open orders in our system at 00.00hrs on Friday 15th of March, 2024 will be invoiced at the new prices”

The company assured its distributors of its continued support of their sales and distribution efforts.

Backstory
Earlier in February, Nairametrics reported the Nigerian Breweries price hike premised on rising production costs and the need to insulate the company against it. According to the report then, it was the third upward price review in a year.

What you should know
Companies in the manufacturing and FMCG space in the past 12 months have seen significant increases in the input cost over the depreciation of the naira as imported raw materials become more expensive.

The difficulties faced by Nigerian Breweries are part of a broader trend. In 2023, Nigeria’s challenging macroeconomic conditions severely impacted the functioning of manufacturing firms, both domestic and international, within the country. This led to notable departures and shutdowns by the year’s end.

Also, inflation has significantly affected patronage as confirmed by the CEO, Hans Essaadi during the result presentation for 2023 where he stated that consumers are no longer able to afford Goldberg. He also acknowledged inflation, rising input costs and pressured consumer spending as challenges the company will confront in 2024.

For the year ending December 2023, the company recorded a net loss of N106 billion mainly from its FX losses amounting to N153 billion.

https://nairametrics.com/2024/03/11/nigerian-breweries-increases-price-of-products-for-the-second-time-in-two-months/?amp=1

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by Paraman: 12:45pm On Mar 11
I remember the days we dey win extra drinks after checking under the crown. After drinking a bottle of guiness, gulder, star, coke, fanta etc you can check under the crown and win an extra drink or some other prices.

You can even check under the crown of the extra drink you won and still win another bottle of free drink

251 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by lexylaw09: 12:45pm On Mar 11
E no mean... I beg give everybody one one bottle 🍾

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by AmakaTips2: 12:45pm On Mar 11
Government is doing their own business,so as every other business man need to do his own business.
Man must survive

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by SeeWahala: 12:48pm On Mar 11
I bought a can of Guiness Extra Stout for N900 yesterday night cry

I drank 4 cans cool

How many agbad0rians can do what I did? tongue

146 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by Treasure17(m): 12:49pm On Mar 11
Una eyes go peel this time, maybe you will apply your sense in the next election. That's if you make it.

107 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by Omihanifa: 1:12pm On Mar 11
Paraman:
I remember the days we dey win extra drinks after checking under the crown. After drinking a bottle of guiness, gulder, star, coke, fanta etc you can check under the crown and win an extra drink or some other prices.

If they try it now, their balance sheet will cry.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by RepoMan007: 1:31pm On Mar 11
Alcohol was suppose to be something brewed out of grained after one has enough grain to eat. Now people put alcohol before food.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by RepoMan007: 1:34pm On Mar 11
SeeWahala:

I drank 4 cans cool

how many desire to be 12 months pregnant?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by Paraman: 1:41pm On Mar 11
SeeWahala:

I drank 4 cans cool

How many Nigerians can do what I did? tongue
pictures or you just dey play

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by Rayd502(m): 2:22pm On Mar 11
I remember those days I have just 1k in my pocket and I can treat myself to at least 3 cold bottles of beer.

Gone are those days,it is getting to a stage where drinking beer is seen as luxury.

The cost of beer in a 5 star Hotel is what the local bar now sells currently.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by verybadmouth(m): 2:42pm On Mar 11
Alcohol wey dem suppose dey beg us to buy, na we dey beg to drink am. Lol.

In this country, we lack common sense. Do we really need to consume these drinks? Let them be reserved for their families. When demand decreases, prices will drop or the breweries will shut down. Our bodies require nourishment, not alcohol, please.

The same Alcohol that has rendered many people fatherless. Make una dey play

Brendaniel:

It is not just about the beer but the fact that the price has gone up, what it tells you is that prices of other essential goods have also gone up...

You think they will just wake up to change their price because they want to just increase it or because others are increasing theirs, what you should be more concerned about is the rate prices are going up, I don't drink but each time I read of any price increase from any sector I know it is happening in other sectors.

Some of the ingredients used in making beer are things people consume as food, so their prices must have also gone up and please we do not lack common sense.

I deeply apologize for my choice of words. What I meant is that when certain items increase in price, it might be a sign for many to reconsider consuming them. Beer and cigarettes are not healthy, yet their prices continue to rise. Personally, I stopped drinking beer when it reached 500, and I'm still in good health. I've redirected my resources to more essential things, particularly food.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by sofeo(m): 2:42pm On Mar 11
Alright.
Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 2:42pm On Mar 11
SALES WILL CERTAINLY DECLINE

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by iLoveYouToo(m): 2:42pm On Mar 11
E shock them say demand no shake. 🤦‍♂️

Only in Nigeria

124 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by markidoo(m): 2:43pm On Mar 11
Beer🍺🍻is no longer affordable, to help us take this BABY🐥steps🪜of pain. FG say make una no use alcohol like Anastasia to numb the pains face it open 👀 eyed..
Thank God for Local Gin 😄 we go still use am till we see the Renewed Hope or Renewed Shege, which everone comes to stay...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by Lovenorth: 2:43pm On Mar 11
K

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by AbujaLagos: 2:43pm On Mar 11
SeeWahala:

I drank 4 cans cool

show us the can. We no believe you. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by HateBigots: 2:44pm On Mar 11
grin grin On your manhood we stand

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by Rich4god(m): 2:44pm On Mar 11
They can increase all they want. Na wen person belle full him dey find drink.

As at Nov/Dec, Maltina was 4800-5200... Now e don enter 9k+

Right, na bottle water people dey use serve visitors.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by Lovenorth: 2:44pm On Mar 11
Let the price touch with roof

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by papyjaypaul: 2:44pm On Mar 11
Good for Ramadan and Lent fasting kiss

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by BigYash: 2:44pm On Mar 11
Drunks go reduce.. Beer Beer and wetin even dey d beer me no know undecided
Worst part be say some go drink go dey misbehave.. Talk secrets out in public..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by Queengee: 2:45pm On Mar 11
All those bars in middle-class area about to fold up. No more patronization no more flexing for poor men

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by slaawomirr: 2:45pm On Mar 11
Damnnn niggar
Again

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by id4sho(m): 2:45pm On Mar 11
E go reach everybody tongue
Kasaprenco, paraga, alumo bitters will be out of reach for Lagos touts. Mu-Mu ticket undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by enemyofprogress: 2:45pm On Mar 11
I wonder how mannabbqgrils and folake4u go cope with these new prices

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by Brendaniel: 2:46pm On Mar 11
verybadmouth:
Alcohol wey dem suppose dey beg us to buy, na we dey beg to drink am. Lol.

In this country, we lack common sense. Do we really need to consume these drinks? Let them be reserved for their families. When demand decreases, prices will drop or the breweries will shut down. Our bodies require nourishment, not alcohol, please.

The same Alcohol that has rendered many people fatherless. Make una dey play

It is not just about the beer but the fact that the price has gone up, what it tells you is that prices of other essential goods have also gone up...

You think they will just wake up to change their price because they want to just increase it or because others are increasing theirs, what you should be more concerned about is the rate prices are going up, I don't drink but each time I read of any price increase from any sector I know it is happening in other sectors.

Some of the ingredients used in making beer are things people consume as food, so their prices must have also gone up and please we do not lack common sense.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by naijaboy756: 2:46pm On Mar 11
APC IS A PLAQUE

APC IS A CURSE

APC IS CATASTROPHIC

APC IS A DISASTER

APC IS DESTRUCTION

APC IS ANTI-GOOD LIFE

APC IS SATANIC

APC IS EVIL

APC IS A FORM OF PUNISHMENT

APC IS A REWARD FOR SIN

APC IS DEVILISH

TINUBU, BUHARI, OSINBAJO AND ALL FORMED APC TO WRECK HAVOC ON NIGERIA

THEY HAVE DONE SO EXCELLENTLY WELL

I wish i had the power to lay curses on you and our supporters and let it take effect

YOU GUYS ARE EVIL!!!!!!!

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by BigDawsNet: 2:46pm On Mar 11
Oya kukuma kill nigerians

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by marlow1962(m): 2:46pm On Mar 11
Very good, we will definitely look for alternatives as usual

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Breweries Increases Price Of Products For The Second Time In Two Months by qtx(m): 2:48pm On Mar 11
Paraman:

You can even check under the crown of the extra drink you won and still win another bottle of free drink
Water is better

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MUST READ : Why Gtbank Latest 737 Simple Mobile Banking Is A Beautiful Nonsense / 7 Reasons Why You Must Start An Online Business In 2017 / Onibara Mi Ti A Npe Ni Aigbe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.