Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,133 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash (27937 Views)

Man Dies During Cult Initiation In Obanliku, Cross River (Graphics Photos) / 14-Year-Old Girl Gang Raped By 10 Boys During Cult Initiation In Anambra. / Eiye Cofraternity Members Arrested By Soldiers During Cult Clash In Lagos.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by naptu2: 5:04am On Mar 12
Abia varsity undergraduate dies during cult clash

The Abia State Government confirmed on Monday the death of an Abia State University student during a cult clash over the weekend.

Briefing newsmen on Monday, after the week’s State Executive Council meeting chaired by the state governor, Alex Otti, the Commissioner for Information and Culture, Okey Kanu, said, “It has come to the notice of the state government about skirmishes in Abia State University, Uturu, between student groups where a student lost his life.

“Some remedial actions have been taken to return normalcy (in the institution). The state government has dispatched some security agencies to Abia State University Uturu.”

He advised students to refrain from violence and face their studies.

Reports have it that tensions are high at the school following a renewed outbreak of violence between two rival cult groups, which left a 400-level student dead.

Eyewitnesses said that the victim, who is a 400-level History and International Relations student, was attacked by members of a rival group within the university area, which led to his death.

However, this incident has significantly escalated tensions on campus after the cult clash.

All efforts to get school authorities to speak were not possible due to a bad network.

However, the state Commissioner of Police, Kenechukwu Onwumelie, said the police are aware of the matter and “is investigating the incident.”

https://punchng.com/abia-varsity-undergraduate-dies-during-cult-clash/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by naptu2: 5:04am On Mar 12
Cult clash: Abia govt deploys security operatives to ABSU

By Steve Oko

Abia State Government said it had deployed security operatives to Abia State University Uturu, ABSU, over a cult clash around the campus that allegedly claimed the life of a student Monday afternoon.

Commissioner for Information, Prince Okey Kanu, who disclosed this during a press briefing in Umuahia, said the action of Government was to forestall further break down of law and order in the campus.

He explained that as a proactive Government, the Gov. Alex Otti-led administration decided to deploy security agents around the university to help arrest the situation.

Adding his voice, Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Publicity, Mr Ferdinand Ekeoma, said that the State Government was still expecting briefing from security agencies on what exactly happened.

Ekeoma who said Government’s intention was to put the situation under control first, advised students to abstain from activities capable of escalating the situation.

Meanwhile, the Information Commissioner has said that 27 roads projects are currently on-going across the state, adding that work is at various stages of completion.

He said that the Governor places high premium on road infrastructure as the major enabler to other developments.

The Commissioner also said that Government had set up a Committee on Monitoring and Evaluation, to ensure the state gets value for money spent on any project.

On the forthcoming medical mission by the Association of Nigerian Physicians in the Americas, ANPA, the Commissioner said that over 2500 patients had register for the free medical care by the ANPA team.

He said about 5000 patients would be attended to during the exercise slated for April 4 to 14.

The Commissioner urged residents with serious health challenges to register for screening at the designated centres ahead of the exercise.

Deputy Chief of Staff to the Governor, Mr Chinedu Ekeke; and the Special Adviser to the Governor on Project Monitoring and Evaluation, Mr Ugochukwu Okarafor, were present at the meeting.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/cult-clash-abia-govt-deploys-security-operatives-to-absu/

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by naptu2: 5:04am On Mar 12
WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO OF THE SHOOTING

The victim was soaked in blood and he was trying to run, but he was too weak to run. His assailants walked up to him, one of them was using his phone camera to record his face, then another of the gangsters shot him dead.

(Twitter users are advising the girls that recorded this video that they should flee because the gangsters might be looking for them).

https://twitter.com/8Planets_/status/1767274425047568533?t=pdqhiIg3q6dd_DxI4mNKow&s=19

This is the reaction of the Police Public Relations Officer to the video.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by madridguy(m): 5:11am On Mar 12
lipsrsealed
Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by Ogiame: 5:15am On Mar 12
- 1 E-diot

Very good.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by naptu2: 5:28am On Mar 12

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by longetivity(m): 5:56am On Mar 12
I heard the guy is a cultist, deaths to all cultists.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by Tunechi5(m): 6:10am On Mar 12
See how them waste the idiot

4 Likes

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by Noniblaq(m): 6:19am On Mar 12
Crimes and social vices only have one ending, which is death. Meanwhile, if you reside in Abuja I have a mega deal for you, see my first topic

3 Likes

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by OVB123: 6:19am On Mar 12
What do you gain by be a cultist? I can't waste my RIP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by Neduzze5(m): 6:20am On Mar 12
What a waste!!

No RIP to give here. You found what you were looking for when you joined a cult.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by free2ryhme: 6:21am On Mar 12
Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by Okete001(f): 6:21am On Mar 12
Hehehe

This one could be one of those ipobic elements disturbing the peace of Nigeria.

No RIP to waste for an ipobic cultist.

He should rest in pieces.

6 Likes

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by eedimo(m): 6:21am On Mar 12
I was talking to my wife that it's been a while I heard any cult related story; this one came right on time.
It's actually good news

13 Likes

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by wizelink(m): 6:21am On Mar 12
For this kind hunger people still get strength to dey cult clash. Nawaooh

5 Likes

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by Creamypie(m): 6:22am On Mar 12
Na so them stab one 2 death for ogwashi uKu poly for video I no send cultists. The more they die, the lesser our problems

3 Likes

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by Iseoluwani: 6:22am On Mar 12
cheesy
Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by omoadeleye(m): 6:22am On Mar 12
Kk
Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by obaidan: 6:23am On Mar 12
I pity the people that sent him to school. For him, I say congratulations, e dun see weytin e dey find. To all the others reading this, no worry ur day go come, u wan belong, u wan make everybody dey fear u, continue, ur own fit dey shameful pass this one. Eyin weyrey omo, dem struggle dey send una go school, una dey do rubbish cultism, ur mates are hustling looking for money, building their skillset, una dey do stupid meetings up and down...won ma pa gbogbo yin bi adiye ni

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by AllenSpencer: 6:23am On Mar 12
Missing spanner!

He will go join Odin, Granpa, Korofo and Jagunjagun in hell!

A casket merchant is about to make profit.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by Tradepunter2: 6:23am On Mar 12
The abit cultist message have been preached enough..... That people are becoming insensitive and I dont blame them for being insensitive

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by obaidan: 6:25am On Mar 12
Tradepunter2:
The abit cultist message have been preached enough..... That people are becoming insensitive and I dont blame them
I'll never have pity for any cultist. I can't waste my pity. They kill and make life miserable for innocent people, they all deserve to die like chicken

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by jericco1(m): 6:26am On Mar 12
Cult activities are bad for every society because they are always fighting one another
Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by iramure(m): 6:27am On Mar 12
Shun cultism, they turn deaf ear. Greet your fellow cultist wherever they are

3 Likes

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by theophorus(m): 6:27am On Mar 12
You will think Politicians are Wicked until you realise that Cultist are small boys who were sent to School to Study and Prepare for the Future but Wickedness has found a place in their Mind and they Kill their fellow brothers just because they belong to different group not minding the problems that singular death will cause.

Well, each Parent should train up their Children with Love and Peace mindset.

#Peace

6 Likes

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by TrennixGLOBAL: 6:32am On Mar 12
Dem don use that one take count score then one more person go die and after that, dem go con settle.

Those 2 people don lose.

3 Likes

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by obaidan: 6:32am On Mar 12
Na family affair,police go help them settle am over 1 keg of palm wine...I will reserve my pity for the people that do not deserve to die

2 Likes

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by FatherOfJesus: 6:34am On Mar 12
People still dey join cult. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by itelima: 6:34am On Mar 12
OVB123:
What do you gain by be a cultist? I can't waste my RIP.
You just did.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by Ikpunekenwa(m): 6:36am On Mar 12
Score
Re: Abia Varsity Undergraduate Dies During Cult Clash by AmakaTips2: 6:38am On Mar 12
People who don't value Their life

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Attack Enugu Police Station, Kill 2 Officers, Injure Others / Police Uncover Kidnappers Den In Ikorodu, Lagos, Kill One, Rescue Three Victims / NDLEA Arrests Grandpa, 21 Others, Intercepts Opoids, Illicit Drugs (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.