Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,966 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today (46670 Views)

See The Food I Bought For 2.5k In Maiduguri / See The Food I Bought For N500 / The Food I Bought For 2900. Pics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by nedekid: 5:43pm On Mar 13
mariahAngel:

That full chicken thigh cost more than ₦1k and you know it.
Lolz.
I knew guys go talk.
Its shocking, but it is 1k.
Infact, I will drive there now and buy. Then snap pics, and upload here.
People when know me know say since them born me I neva tear on lie before. cool

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by Barcalee: 5:58pm On Mar 13
We are our own problems and enemies
Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by bluefilm: 6:01pm On Mar 13
Man shall not live by bread alone
Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by Badmashiii: 6:04pm On Mar 13
Angelfrost:
Y'all should learn how to cook to avoid such exploitation...!

Anything wey carry me enter restaurant for any reason, price is the last thing I will complain about.

When we tell you people that cooking is a key/crucial life skill, y'all think it's a joke.

One fried Turkey wing of the minimal size in any restaurant can't be less than 3 - 4k now, whereas, with 4 - 5k, you can buy 2 larger pieces raw, and prepare it to your satisfaction.

In a restaurant, you are simply paying someone else for doing what you failed to do for yourself.

...Not justifying the inflation in this badly led nation o! grin

Ogbeni calm down. You are also paying for time to do other things.

Do you think it's possible to be cooking everyday on a busy schedule? If you can't hire a good chef and pay him well the next option is to be eating out.

2 Likes

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by CFI234: 6:19pm On Mar 13
You want use carbohydrate kill yourself
Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by mariahAngel(f): 6:21pm On Mar 13
nedekid:

Lolz.
I knew guys go talk.
Its shocking, but it is 1k.
Infact, I will drive there now and buy. Then snap pics, and upload here.
People when know me know say since them born me I neva tear on lie before. cool

Oya, I dey wait because oga, 1whole frozen chicken na almost 6k the last time I bought, which was this past weekend o.

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by jessylaurel(f): 6:26pm On Mar 13
Multiversed:
I went out very early today and I was already feeling tired on my way home so I wouldn't be able to perform some magic In the kitchen.

So I decided to branch my favorite food spot to buy some food.

To my surprise, The quantity of their food is now so small and costly. My eyes were sore but I just had to pay up and left the place Immediately.

The Breakdown

Jollof Rice:N300
Fried Rice:N300
Spaghetti:N200
Beef:N400
Egg:N200
Container:N200

Imagine eating mother and child (chicken and egg) are you not a ri.tua.listπŸ˜„

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by Angelfrost(m): 6:32pm On Mar 13
Badmashiii:

Ogbeni calm down. You are also paying for time to do other things.

Do you think it's possible to be cooking everyday on a busy schedule? If you can't hire a good chef and pay him well the next option is to be eating out.

Egbon, I'm very calm, and totally agree with you.

That statement is for those complaining about prices of meals.

Na person wey never fit pay mama put wan afford chef?!! tongue

2 Likes

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by Konquest: 6:39pm On Mar 13
TOPCRUISE:
Congratulations. You should be proud of yourself for eating a brand new Peugeot 504 car plus okada of 1975.
grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by nedekid: 6:41pm On Mar 13

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by Zetty177x: 6:43pm On Mar 13
Stephen0mozzy:

I no gree Sir! N800 rice must full that container for Mama Put + N200 Spaghetti, no matter how expensive. Then you go add 2 cow legs (N300 a piece).

At an eatery, you pay for the convenience of the facility and the 'hype'

And people de like this ur comment without facts? The fact I will maintain is this: food is expensive both in Mama put and eatery. The difference may be meat....meat might be #300 in Mama put and #500 or more in eatery. But trust me quantity na same.

Beans is #350 a cup. You expect mama put to give you 10 spoons for #200 abi?
Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by Konquest: 6:53pm On Mar 13
nedekid:
Omo, see my own from yesterday, e make sense
Chicken ₦1k
Fried yam ₦200
Them add suya pepper join.
I got home, bursted 1 egg (Sunnyside up) ₦150.
Added some moshrooms I had in the fridge, added ketchup.
Total: ₦1350
Nb: I don chop half the yam before snapping as my pikin call me ask watin I de chop, na em make me take Foto.
Bottomline, know where to buy food, infact visiting amala joints makes more sense than going out to buy fried rice.
That's innovative of you.

Where do you regularly buy your MUSHROOMS?
Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by Konquest: 6:53pm On Mar 13
nedekid:

Everything I bought is 3k.
2 chicken laps ₦2k
1 small chicken ₦700
Potatoes ₦300
Total ₦3k
The paper there contains chilli spice.
So I can decide to burst eggs, add olives, moshrooms, baked beans etc as I seem fit.
My regular chops there is ₦1200.
I just bought the extra so madam and baby of the house fit partake.
Me sef, I wonder how come the chicken is so cheap.
I for think say na the address you for ask. Cele bustop, Akowonjo road, opposite keystone bank.
Sadiq is the owner.
I like the crisp picture quality. In addition, where do you reckon Sadiq gets his yams and chickens from? Perhaps he gets them cheaper from the far North of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by mariahAngel(f): 6:58pm On Mar 13
nedekid:

Everything I bought is 3k.
2 chicken laps ₦2k
1 small chicken ₦700
Potatoes ₦300
Total ₦3k
The paper there contains chilli spice.
So I can decide to burst eggs, add olives, moshrooms, baked beans etc as I seem fit.
My regular chops there is ₦1200.
I just bought the extra so madam and baby of the house fit partake.
Me sef, I wonder how come the chicken is so cheap.
I for think say na the address you for ask. Cele bustop, Akowonjo road, opposite keystone bank.
Sadiq is the owner.

This is too good to be true.
I wouldn't be comfortable buying it. πŸ˜€

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by Stephen0mozzy: 7:03pm On Mar 13
Zetty177x:

And people de like this ur comment without facts? The fact I will maintain is this: food is expensive both in Mama put and eatery. The difference may be meat....meat might be #300 in Mama put and #500 or more in eatery. But trust me quantity na same.

Beans is #350 a cup. You expect mama put to give you 10 spoons for #200 abi?

The fact is most people who relate to the statement actually have an experience of both worlds - we cook and we also buy from Mama Put

Here's a Fact:
1. Two cup of beans = N750
2. Small bottle of oil = N450 (You'll need 1/2 of this to cook the beans) == N225
3. Pepper = N150 (Fresh pepper)
4. Onions = N100 (Which is likely one small bulb)
5. One kg of gas #1,200 (Beans will likely consume 1/5 of the gas) == N240

Total cost of necessities to cook 2 cup of beans: N1,465

Goodluck buying bread and eating blank beans in two sittings

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by nedekid: 7:08pm On Mar 13
mariahAngel:

This is too good to be true.
I wouldn't be comfortable buying it. πŸ˜€
Lol.
I wonder if he has a little machine hidden somewhere "manufacturing" his chicken.

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by Vello(m): 7:08pm On Mar 13
Point of correction:
The food is N800 only
Jollof rice: 300
Fried rice: 300
Spaghetti: 200
Total: #800

The meat and egg are optional and nobody send you collect 2 meat for N400.

If you want to complain, focus on the food alone and let's discuss based on that one only
Multiversed:
I went out very early today and I was already feeling tired on my way home so I wouldn't be able to perform some magic In the kitchen.

So I decided to branch my favorite food spot to buy some food.

To my surprise, The quantity of their food is now so small and costly. My eyes were sore but I just had to pay up and left the place Immediately.

The Breakdown

Jollof Rice:N300
Fried Rice:N300
Spaghetti:N200
Beef:N400
Egg:N200
Container:N200
Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by nedekid: 7:12pm On Mar 13
Konquest:

I like the crisp picture quality. In addition, where do you reckon Sadiq gets his yams and chickens from? Perhaps he gets them cheaper from the far North of Nigeria.
To be honest with you, I really wonder myself. He seems to be a northerner though, all those like kaduna setup. Yam and sweet potatoes. Guess he knows how to get it cheap. Or he sells with low profit imagine as he sells plenty.

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by Konquest: 7:25pm On Mar 13
nedekid:

To be honest with you, I really wonder myself. He seems to be a northerner though, all those like kaduna setup. Yam and sweet potatoes. Guess he knows how to get it cheap.

Or he sells with low profit imagine as he sells plenty.
As long as he's NOT getting those chickens, sweet potatoes and yams at gun point, his customer base is good to go. grin

Sadiq's cooking must be really good for him to be able to sell a lot like you've stated. Don't forget to show him this thread and how you gave him more publicity... He'll not hesitate to give you "jara" fried chicken and sweet potato chips.

Tbh, these suya guys too make a profit margin that's double the cost of the livestock that they barbeque, so, he sure is profitable with his fried chicken and sweet potatoes street food business.

Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by nedekid: 7:29pm On Mar 13
Konquest:

That's innovative of you.

Where do you regularly buy your MUSHROOMS?
The regular canned ones you get from supermarkets locally.
But other stuff, I buy when I waka. Few days return I buy plenty, freeze then and then put in my laugage, all the corners. Or if a relative or friend is comming, I send money to get some stuff. It stays in my freezer for a while.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by nedekid: 7:35pm On Mar 13
Konquest:

As long as he's NOT getting those chickens, sweet potatoes and yams at gun point, his customer base is good to go. grin

Sadiq's cooking must be really good for him to be able to sell a lot like you've stated. Don't forget to show him this thread and how you gave him more publicity... He'll not hesitate to give you "jara" fried chicken and sweet potato chips.

Tbh, these suya guys too make a profit margin that's double the cost of the livestock that they barbeque, so, he sure is profitable with his fried chicken and sweet potatoes street food business.

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers boss. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by Konquest: 7:37pm On Mar 13
nedekid:

The regular canned ones you get from supermarkets locally.
But other stuff, I buy when I waka. Few days return I buy plenty, freeze then and then put in my laugage, all the corners. Or if a relative or friend is comming, I send money to get some stuff. It stays in my freezer for a while.
@nedekid,

Whoa! You're big on eating mushrooms... That's good to know. They are a very good substitute for meat and are known worldwide to be nutritionally healthy. I too love mushrooms and recipes that contain mushrooms for variety. The Chinese are the biggest producers of edible mushrooms and there's a bright future in it's global production.

Thanks again.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by olamoses75(m): 7:49pm On Mar 13
You should have taken the pictures immediately you bought it, not when you almost finished it. We can't judge anything here since you've tampered with the food already
Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by truthhurts2: 8:00pm On Mar 13
Multiversed:

It's beneath the spaghetti.

The person who sold the food wasn't even in a happy mood. The way I also hurled the food on the Table when I got home made it look rough like I had eaten from it.

I felt so bad.
Wahala wa oo... We go Sha survive in one way or another
Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by Phred1717: 8:50pm On Mar 13
E dey sweet me badly
Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by stephenponti(m): 2:49am On Mar 14
wifeesnatcher:

Yes he did, those that voted for Lp are buying foods on a lesser cost than that

Your brain is obviously made up of rubber

May thunder kill you their idiot. I am not the one that frustrated you.

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by tafabaloo(m): 4:15am On Mar 14
You even get money oooo.
U alone dey chop 2 meats for APC economy....shege !

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by wifeesnatcher(m): 6:07am On Mar 14
stephenponti:

May thunder kill you their idiot. I am not the one that frustrated you.

Because he kill your dad doesn't mean he will do to everyone

Touch the middle of your head maybe it will reprocess this time
Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by Clinghton: 6:28am On Mar 14
How many plates of that food would satisfy me.

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by Zetty177x: 6:56am On Mar 14
Stephen0mozzy:

The fact is most people who relate to the statement actually have an experience of both worlds - we cook and we also buy from Mama Put

Here's a Fact:
1. Two cup of beans = N750
2. Small bottle of oil = N450 (You'll need 1/2 of this to cook the beans) == N225
3. Pepper = N150 (Fresh pepper)
4. Onions = N100 (Which is likely one small bulb)
5. One kg of gas #1,200 (Beans will likely consume 1/5 of the gas) == N240

Total cost of necessities to cook 2 cup of beans: N1,465

Goodluck buying bread and eating blank beans in two sittings

Your analysis is apt o....no wonder food sellers keep increasing prices. Infact if care isn't taken, they are running at a loss. They are paying salaries to staff too. And transporting themselves...

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by stephenponti(m): 1:04pm On Mar 14
wifeesnatcher:

Because he kill your dad doesn't mean he will do to everyone

Touch the middle of your head maybe it will reprocess this time

I blame the bastard adict that sired you. Something he should have just flushed down the shit hole to serve as maggots nutrients, alas he chose to deposit it in the oversized hoodie of a roadside smelly worn out LovePeddler. It will not be well for the evil they have brought to humanity. That God has not killed ya and them 'll, doesn't mean he isn't aware of your evil nature.

Re: Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today by wifeesnatcher(m): 5:29pm On Mar 14
stephenponti:

I blame the bastard adict that sired you. Something he should have just flushed down the shit hole to serve as maggots nutrients, alas he chose to deposit it in the oversized hoodie of a roadside smelly worn out LovePeddler. It will not be well for the evil they have brought to humanity. That God has not killed ya and them 'll, doesn't mean he isn't aware of your evil nature.

Keep your dad boring biography to yourself dumb self, I'm not interested kid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Sweet Rice And Beans I’m Cooking / The Catfish I Bought ₦2,800 And How I Prepared It / Photo Of Big Fish Caught In Warri River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.