Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Is Mohammed The Great Prophet To Come Foretold By Moses? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Mohammed The Great Prophet To Come Foretold By Moses? (84 Views)

Mohammed, the Almighty Partner Of Allah! / You Have 14 Days To Apologize - Celestial Prophet To David Ibiyeomie / Prophet Shola Who Foretold The Death Of Queen Elizabeth II Trending On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Mohammed The Great Prophet To Come Foretold By Moses? by Aemmyjah(m): 12:36pm On Mar 15
Among other arguments that Muslim scribes use to prove the inspiration of the Quran is that Muhammad and his work were foretold in the Bible. According to a footnote on Sura 46:10, Ali, (n.4783) “in the Quran and its Prophet [is found] a true confirmation of the previous scriptures . . . Islam [being] a fulfillment of the revelation of Moses himself! (See Deut. XVIII, 18-19)”

At Mount Sinai, Jehovah told Moses: “I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.”—Deut. 18:15-19, AS.

Certainly it cannot be justly argued that Muhammad, who was a descendant of Ishmael, was of Moses’ brothers. Nor did Muhammad speak in the name of Jehovah God, as did Moses. The fact is that centuries before Muhammad was born the apostle Peter, in addressing the bona fide brothers of Moses, the Jews, applied this text to Christ Jesus, and the facts show that this prophecy does apply to him.—Acts 3:20-23

(1) (Reply)

Thursday Midnight Blessings With Apostle Joshua Selman / Mentorship Not Slavery - APOSTLE JOHNSON SULEMAN / Biography Of Apostle Joshua Selman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.