Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Why We Should Give Thanks Always - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Should Give Thanks Always (70 Views)

"My 2-Year-Old Son Killed This Black Snake" - Mum Says, Thanks God / Shanawole, 11-Year-Old Ex-Cultist Now A Pastor, Thanks To Pastor Tony Rapu / Leke Adeboye Thanks Daddy Freeze Over Increase In RCCG Tithes (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Should Give Thanks Always by Sidehustlar(m): 4:29pm On Mar 15
Gratitude is an essential part of the human experience. When we focus on what we are thankful for, we are filled with a sense of joy and contentment. Giving thanks is not only beneficial for our emotional well-being but also for our spiritual growth. In this blog post, we will discuss why we should give thanks always and explore some scriptures that support this practice.

Reasons to Give Thanks Always:

1. Gratitude helps us focus on the positive: When we give thanks, we are training our minds to focus on the blessings in our lives rather than the challenges. This positive focus helps us to keep a positive attitude, even in difficult times.

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." - 1 Thessalonians 5:18

2. Gratitude promotes humility: When we recognize and express thankfulness for the good things in our lives, we acknowledge that we are not self-sufficient and that we depend on the grace of God. Humility is an essential virtue in the life of a Christian.

"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." - Colossians 3:17

3. Gratitude brings clarity: When we give thanks, we gain clarity on what is truly important in our lives. We start to see the people, relationships, and experiences that matter most to us, and we become more intentional about nurturing them.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7

4. Gratitude promotes generosity: When we are thankful for what we have, we are more likely to be generous with our resources. Gratitude reminds us that our possessions are not our own but gifts from God, and we should use them to bless others.

"They were filled with all manner of [good things] and abundance of their flocks and herds. For he had told his people, ‘Behold, the Lord has granted you this land,’ and the power of the Lord was on them, and Joshua was filled with the spirit of wisdom because Moses had laid his hands on him. So the people of Israel obeyed him and did as the Lord had commanded Moses. And Joshua blessed them and gave thanks to the Lord. " - Joshua 22:8-9

5. Gratitude deepens our relationship with God: When we give thanks, we acknowledge the goodness of God and express our love for Him. Gratitude is a form of worship, and it helps us to draw closer to God.

"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;o for his steadfast love endures forever!" - Psalm 118:1

Biblical Examples of Gratitude:

1. Job: The book of Job is a remarkable story of a man who lost everything but continued to give thanks to God. Despite his suffering, Job remained faithful and grateful, acknowledging that everything he had came from God.

"Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head and fell on the ground and worshiped. And he said, “Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.” - Job 1:20-21

2. David: David was a man after God's own heart, and his psalms are filled with expressions of thanksgiving and worship. David's gratitude was not limited to his successes but extended even to his struggles.

"I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises to you among the nations. For your steadfast love is great above the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the clouds." - Psalm 108:3-4

3. Paul: Paul, the apostle, wrote many of the letters in the New Testament. His writings are marked by expressions of thanksgiving and prayers for the churches he had established.

"I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus." - 1 Corinthians 1:4

Conclusion:

In conclusion, giving thanks always is not just a nice thing to do; it is an essential part of our spiritual growth. Gratitude helps us to focus on the positive, promotes humility, brings clarity, promotes generosity, and deepens our relationship with God. We should be inspired by the example of Job, David, Paul, and many others who consistently expressed thanksgiving and worship to God. Let us cultivate a heart of gratitude and give thanks always, for all the blessings that God has bestowed upon us. Read more in my website https://sidehustlar.com

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Discover The Things That Connect You To The Spirit / Lord's Chosen members Seen On The Street Of UK Preaching The Gospel. Video / Connecting You To The Divine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.