Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. (865 Views)

Replying Fr Kelvin Ugwu On Polygamy. / Understanding The Scriptural Teaching On Polygamy ...fr. Kelvin Ugwu / God Is Calling The Nation Of Nigeria To Repentance – Nigeria, Repent! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Ken4Christ: 9:57pm On Mar 15
Where did the idea that a Christian should marry only one wife come from? The God we serve today is still the same God of Israel, his chosen people. And the nation of Israel was founded on polygamy. Is God not aware of it. The children that makes up the nation of Israel were born by four women, one man.

Please, let's renew our minds.

Paul only insisted that Bishops should limit themselves to only one wife. And Paul never said that it was the commandment from the Lord.

Besides, he only gave this instructions to Timothy and Titus. He never mentioned it in his letter to churches.

It's even far better for a Bishop to marry more than one wife than to marry one and be cheating with little girls in church. And this is what the command of one wife has done. A good number of Bishop cheats. I personally will not even condemn any Bishop who has more than one wife. We don't all the same sexual urge. If Paul wanted this instruction to be a doctrine that must be strictly adhered to, he would have included it in all the letters he wrote to all the churches. This is because, not all the churches know Timothy and Titus. And both of them didn't know all the churches.

I have made my point. You are free to throw stones. But don't forget that the stones you throw is also attempting to tell God that he did not do well by permitting his own people to form a nation out of Polygamy.
Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Br4life: 10:30pm On Mar 15
No propaganda can stop israel from wining, Israel is a pure country super power Biafra stand with brave
Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Maximus692(m): 10:48pm On Mar 15
If a man marry your daughter and you assisted him to get a better life because he's married to your daughter, hope you will welcome the new development when he decides to take a new wife and get a RIVAL for your daughter? smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Ken4Christ: 12:05am On Mar 16
Maximus692:
If a man marry your daughter and you assisted him to get a better life because he's married to your daughter, hope you will welcome the new development when he decides to take a new wife and get a RIVAL for your daughter? smiley

Any man who wants to live a polygamous life should discuss it first. And any woman who is okay by it can accept or reject it.
Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Maximus692(m): 5:06am On Mar 16
Ken4Christ:

Any man who wants to live a polygamous life should discuss it first. And any woman who is okay by it can accept or reject it.

You didn't answer the question!

OK let me rephrase it:

Would you advise your son in-law or brother in law to practice polygamy? undecided
Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by paxonel(m): 6:12am On Mar 16
The fact stil remain that, monogamy is far better than polygamy in terms of obtaining a happy family life and bringing up responsible children

1 Like

Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Ken4Christ: 9:57am On Mar 16
Maximus692:

You didn't answer the question!

OK let me rephrase it:

Would you advise your son in-law or brother in law to practice polygamy? undecided

I personally don't love polygamy nor want to practice it because of obvious challenges or problems that comes with it. But I am making my point based on the evidence of scripture.

The greatest challenge we have in this part of the world is poverty. Ned Nwoko married young Regina and she didn't mind because the man is rich.

I won't want my daughter to be a second wife because of the orientation in this part of the world.

But it doesn't change the truth of God's word.

My advice for Christians who want to marry more than one wife are;

1. You must have adequate resources to take care of them.

2. You must discuss it with your first wife before you marry her.

3. Or marry them all at the same time.

4. You must ensure you show unconditional love to all your wives and make them happy.

1 Like

Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Maximus692(m): 10:46am On Mar 16
Ken4Christ:

I personally don't love polygamy nor want to practice it because of obvious challenges or problems that comes with it. But I am making my point based on the evidence of scripture.

Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are of serious concern, whatever things are righteous, whatever things are chaste, whatever things are lovable, whatever things are well-spoken-of, whatever things are virtuous, and whatever things are praiseworthy, continue considering these things! Philippians 4:8

When it comes to reality polygamy is not true, it's bad, not righteous, not chaste, not lovable, not well spoken of, not virtuous, not praise worthy that's why no sincere or normal human will want it for his mother, sister or daughter to be a victim of polygamy.

That's how to set matters straight using God's word! 2Timothy 3:16-17

1 Like

Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by MrPresident1: 11:02am On Mar 16
Maximus692:

Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are of serious concern, whatever things are righteous, whatever things are chaste, whatever things are lovable, whatever things are well-spoken-of, whatever things are virtuous, and whatever things are praiseworthy, continue considering these things! Philippians 4:8

When it comes to reality polygamy is not true, it's bad, not righteous, not chaste, not lovable, not well spoken of, not virtuous, not praise worthy that's why no sincere or normal human will want it for his mother, sister or daughter to be a victim of polygamy.

Guy, Isaiah 4:1 is the future
Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Maximus692(m): 3:23pm On Mar 16
MrPresident1:

Guy, Isaiah 4:1 is the future

Guy that's the curse God laid upon the females in Israel that most of their young men will die at war and the remaining men will become hot cake for their females to beg just to bear their names as those females must feed, clothe and cater for themselves as a punishment from God! Isaiah 4:4

So don't think such is for faithful people rather it was a curse upon faithless inhabitants of Jerusalem and it's inhabitants for making God angry!

1 Like

Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Veecruz: 3:32pm On Mar 16
Ken4Christ:

I personally don't love polygamy nor want to practice it because of obvious challenges or problems that comes with it. ..

You dont do it yet you advice it, that is the definition of a devil.

1 Like

Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Maximus692(m): 3:38pm On Mar 16
Veecruz:

They don't understand God's word they only quote it.

There's no single polygamist in the Bible who doesn't experience the pain and sorrow that has to do with polygamy.

Must God tell us that's it's evil when we ourselves knows that?

Imagine after scrutinizing him about his mom, sister or daughter being a victim of polygamy he came out openly that he hates it yet he's quoting Isaiah 4:1 where God laid a cursed on the inhabitants of Jerusalem! undecided

1 Like

Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Ken4Christ: 3:38pm On Mar 16
Veecruz:

You didn't get me right. I said it's better to marry than one wife than to marry one and cheat in marriage. The former will make heaven but the latter won't.

But if you have self control, maintain one wife and avoid troubles.

1 Like

Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Ken4Christ: 3:40pm On Mar 16
Maximus692:

So, God did an evil thing by giving King David many wives?

1 Like

Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Veecruz: 3:41pm On Mar 16
Ken4Christ:
Where did the idea that a Christian should marry only one wife come from? The God we serve today is still the same God of Israel, his chosen people. ..

Abraham only had one wife.

It is his wife who forced and tormented him to impregnate her maid and he did not go on his own to acquire a wife.

But, now you are asking men to cheat on their wives, surely you will not be guiltless on the Day you go to God's Court.

1 Like

Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Ken4Christ: 3:42pm On Mar 16
Veecruz:

Abraham only had one wife.

It is his wife who forced and tormented him to impregnate her maid and he did not go on his own to acquire a wife.

What about his grandson, Jacob?

1 Like

Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Maximus692(m): 3:44pm On Mar 16
Ken4Christ:

You didn't get me right. I said it's better to marry than one wife than to marry one and cheat in marriage. The former will make heaven but the latter won't. But if you have self control, maintain one wife and avoid troubles.

That's what faithless Jews came to ask Lord Jesus because Moses told them to give their women a certificate of divorce if they no longer love her, Jesus made it clear to them that it's due to the hardness of their hearts because those people can kill their own wives and claim something else killed her after all it's when she dies that they can remarry.

But in the midst of God's own children who has been born of God's Holy Spirit none must harden his or her heart!
Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Veecruz: 3:45pm On Mar 16
Ken4Christ:

What about his grandson, Jacob?

Jacob planned on marrying only one wife and not 2.

1 Like

Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Maximus692(m): 3:48pm On Mar 16
Ken4Christ:

David lived before Christ Jesus taught us how we can qualify for everlasting life in Paradise.

Do you know why David in an inspired expression called Jesus "Lord"? Psalms 110:1

Well it simply means he is ready to accept the counsel from the wonderful counselor {Isaiah 9:6} about how we will live in Paradise.

So if David was alive during the time Jesus walked the earth he has no option than to bow to the counsel Jesus gave us that the arrangement in the beginning was One Adam and One Eve!
Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Maximus692(m): 3:49pm On Mar 16
Veecruz:

Most of them don't know that none of the patriarchs planned to marry more than one wife! smiley
Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Veecruz: 3:53pm On Mar 16
Ken4Christ:

God, did not give david many wives.

Wife taking (adultery) was one of David's many many sins. And the same David whom you refererenced did warn everyone that he did sinned and that "STICK TO THE WIFE OF YOUR YOUTH/AND DRINK WATERS FROM YOUR OWN CISTERN"

He clearly warned every man about his sins and the destruction that must come to him who defiles himself with women. And prophet Malachi later came to confirm and restate it.
Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Veecruz: 3:59pm On Mar 16
Maximus692:

Most of them don't know that none of the patriarchs planned to marry more than one wife! smiley

They know! For when people want to sin then they start pretending and acting like they dont know The Truth!
Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Maximus692(m): 4:09pm On Mar 16
Veecruz:

They know! For when people want to sin then they start pretending and acting like they dont know The Truth!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm but i don't agree with you that all of them knows!

For because of not knowing the righteousness of God but seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. Romans 10:3

The point of emphasis is they don't know the righteousness of God!
Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Ken4Christ: 6:30pm On Mar 16
Veecruz:

God, did not give david many wives.

Wife taking (adultery) was one of David's many many sins. And the same David whom you refererenced did warn everyone that he did sinned and that "STICK TO THE WIFE OF YOUR YOUTH/AND DRINK WATERS FROM YOUR OWN CISTERN"

He clearly warned every man about his sins and the destruction that must come to him who defiles himself with women. And prophet Malachi later came to confirm and restate it.

2Samuel 12:8 And I gave thee thy master's house, and THY MASTER'S WIVES into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things

1 Like

Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Ken4Christ: 6:33pm On Mar 16
Maximus692:

David lived before Christ Jesus taught us how we can qualify for everlasting life in Paradise.

Do you know why David in an inspired expression called Jesus "Lord"? Psalms 110:1

Well it simply means he is ready to accept the counsel from the wonderful counselor {Isaiah 9:6} about how we will live in Paradise.

So if David was alive during the time Jesus walked the earth he has no option than to bow to the counsel Jesus gave us that the arrangement in the beginning was One Adam and One Eve!

Our Lord Jesus never gave explicit instructions that Christians should marry only one wife. The Apostles didn't either.

1 Like

Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Ken4Christ: 6:34pm On Mar 16
Veecruz:

He not only married two wives, his children were the product of 4 women.

1 Like

Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Maximus692(m): 6:53pm On Mar 16
Ken4Christ:

Our Lord Jesus never gave explicit instructions that Christians should marry only one wife. The Apostles didn't either.

Jesus gave but you're not listening to the Holy Spirit!

If you know that polygamy is bad for your mom, sister or daughter then what do you have to say about this statement of Christ?

“All things, therefore, that you want men to do to you, you also must do to them. This, in fact, is what the Law and the Prophets mean." Matthew 7:12

Christ Jesus said:

"But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach you all things and bring back to your minds all the things I told you. I leave you peace; I give you my peace. I do not give it to you the way that the world gives it. Do not let your hearts be troubled nor let them shrink out of fear" John 14:26-27

So how come you're not learning from the Holy Spirit that polygamy doesn't give peace in any home?
And why are you in support of what you will not want for your own mom, sister or daughter? undecided
Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by MrPresident1: 7:34pm On Mar 16
Maximus692:

Guy that's the curse God laid upon the females in Israel that most of their young men will die at war and the remaining men will become hot cake for their females to beg just to bear their names as those females must feed, clothe and cater for themselves as a punishment from God! Isaiah 4:4

So don't think such is for faithful people rather it was a curse upon faithless inhabitants of Jerusalem and it's inhabitants for making God angry!

Lying criminal that you are. The verse is talking about the time of the Branch, when the Branch starts reigning. In that day, when Israel is redeemed from all her enemies, it will be an anathema for any woman not to have a man over her. So, the woman will be fully independent, yet because it is the law of the Lord, they will take and accept polygamy. There will be none of all these evils associated with modern day polygamy because the Branch is in charge of the whole earth, reigning from Jerusalem, and his word will be LAW.

Isaiah 4:1-2
King James Version
4 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

2 In that day shall the branch of the Lord be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.

Let's God's curses come upon the deceivers as soon as possible
Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Maximus692(m): 7:45pm On Mar 16
MrPresident1:

Lying criminal that you are. The verse is talking about the time of the Branch, when the Branch starts reigning. In that day, when Israel is redeemed from all her enemies, it will be an anathema for any woman not to have a man over her. So, the woman will be fully independent, yet because it is the law of the Lord, they will take and accept polygamy. There will be none of all these evils associated with modern day polygamy because the Branch is in charge of the whole earth, reigning from Jerusalem, and his word will be LAW.
Isaiah 4:1-2
King James Version
4 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.
2 In that day shall the branch of the Lord be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.

Let's God's curses come upon the deceivers as soon as possible

Will you approve polygamy for your mom or daughter? smiley
Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by MrPresident1: 7:54pm On Mar 16
Maximus692:

Will you approve polygamy for your mom or daughter? smiley

A stupid question. We are talking about the reign of the Branch; when he has destroyed all the evil ones from the earth and he has reordered everything as it should be.

The women will be fully independent and capable and they will not need any man to provide for them. But because it is not right that a full mature woman should not have a man in the kingdom, they will accept polygamy

Besides, the Law of the Lord will be in full force all over the earth, and all the shenanigans that make polygamy undesirable in this present time, all the shenanigans of Satan to destroy the home and the family, will finally be ended!
Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by Maximus692(m): 8:01pm On Mar 16
MrPresident1:

A stupid question. We are talking about the reign of the Branch; when he has destroyed all the evil ones from the earth and he has reordered everything as it should be.

The women will be fully independent and capable and they will not need any man to provide for them. But because it is not right that a full mature woman should not have a man in the kingdom, they will accept polygamy

Besides, the Law of the Lord will be in full force all over the earth, and all the shenanigans that make polygamy undesirable in this present time, all the shenanigans of Satan to destroy the home and the family, will finally be ended!

So the standard God set in the beginning:

One Adam and One Eve wasn't PERFECT as God declared shey? Genesis 1:31 smiley
Re: The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. by MrPresident1: 8:09pm On Mar 16
Maximus692:

So the standard God set in the beginning:

One Adam and One Eve wasn't PERFECT as God declared shey? Genesis 1:31 smiley

Genesis 2:24
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

A man can be one flesh with many women, but for the woman it is corruption; she gets corrupted, her field gets sown with different kinds of seed

2 Samuel 12:7-9
King James Version
7 And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;

8 And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.

This is David, the man after God's heart, God telling him he would have given him more women if he asked

You know nothing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Internet Evangelism Training Seminar / What Love Can Do----the True Test Of Love / Chris Oyakhilome, Is He A Man From The Devil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.