Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,879 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Why You Should Pray For Your Country (part 2) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Pray For Your Country (part 2) (68 Views)

Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) / Why You Should Pray Well Before Serving God In A Church / 3 Great Reasons We Should Pray For Nigeria Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Pray For Your Country (part 2) by Interesting15: 9:21am On Mar 16
Wisdom For Destiny Daily Devotional (16th March, 2024)

by Sunday Akanni

TOPIC: Why You Should Pray For Your Country (Part 2)
‭‭
"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." II Chronicles 7:14

*Message*

As we engage the mercies of God over our societies, we must see to it that we are repentant indeed. We must forsake our sins and turn back to God.

As a nation, we must decide to do away with terrible things like kidnapping, murder, corruption, tribalism, etc. As an individual, you too must do away with your personal sins - pride, sexual immorality, malice, alcoholism, telling lies, stealing, etc.

Once we are repentant, we will easily attract God's mercies sufficient to transform our society.

So, take time to pray for God's mercy over our land today. And if you need encouragement, then here are three great reasons you need to pray for your country today:

*1. God has great plans for your country. You can partner with God to make His perfect Will a reality in your own nation.*
*2. God has a reason for making you a citizen of that country. The land is yours and your earthly home. You are a major stakeholder.*
*3. Your country needs as many prayers as she can get right now. The truth is, there is a limitation to what humans can do to transform our societies. We really need God's help*

*Prayers*
Plead the Lord's mercies over your country.

*Further Reading*
‭‭
I Timothy 2:1-2 NKJV‬‬

[1] Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, [2] for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.

*N.B: TO GET THIS DIRECTLY ON WHATSAPP, KINDLY SEND "WISDOM FOR DESTINY" TO EITHER 2348185021024 OR SUNDAYAKANNIOFFICIAL@GMAIL.COM*

(1) (Reply)

The Signs Of The End Time / Iftar Dinner: Benjamin Kalu Breaking Bread And Breaking Barriers / Happy Memorial Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.