Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

I Need Your Urgent Advise - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Need Your Urgent Advise (238 Views)

Please I Need Your Urgent Opinion.. / Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise / Please I Need Urgent Advise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Urgent Advise by Oracle16(m): 6:00pm On Mar 16
Dear Nairalanders, please I need your advice on this. A CEO of a foreign company (still growing), agreed with me that if I can work for free for 2 days, I will be employed full time. She gave me a project for her online school, which is to study four of her courses and set quizzes suitable for the courses. Note that the courses have no quizzes.

This project was meant to take me more than a week. When I started and submitted the first quiz questions for one of the courses,she said he project will be used as an trial to know if I will work full time. Initially what we agreed was to work free for two days before resuming full time. When I was done with all the courses, she condemned some quiz questions, however, she said some were good and will be used. The project was completed in four days as I worked day and night.

After some days, I contacted her again to know the update if I would start working or something, she said she is still discussing with her staff that she will revert on it. Two days after, she came up with another project, this time I have to finalize and upload the quiz questions on another site and she offered 50€, which I declined. She said this will determine if I will be working as a full time staff (same thing she said before the first project). I negotiated for100€ which she refused. Later I decided to do it her terms.

She told me it's too late that she would be uploading it herself. So I requested that since it's my quiz questions she will be uploading and since I won't be working with her as a permanent staff, it is proper she compensates me for the project. I said it is not proper for her to sell her courses online with my project without paying me for it. She then said she has decided not to use it since I am requesting for compensation. When I reported to the site provider via email, she then offered to pay $30, but wants me to resend mail to the Provider apologizing to her.

I declined her offer and told her to keep it all, that i am no longer interested and I have decided to move on. What's your advice. Is it wrong requesting for compensation since she will use my project to make money, though she is now saying she won't make use of it, which I still doubt because it was same project I would have uploaded if I had accepted the offer and she stated when I submitted it that she will use it.
Re: I Need Your Urgent Advise by Zwooks: 6:25pm On Mar 16
Stop fighting your bosses. You are closing your doors of opportunities. An employer engaged me for 830,000 Naira work didn't pay for it. I kept quiet for over five weeks. Even after he came he rejected all. He later felt remorseful paid me a huge part, re engaged me with work that just the first set has compensated for previous losses and opened new doors for more profit making. Stop claiming rights with your employers. Stop using this Nigerian eager eager energy to fight people God sent to bless you. Start low, let them see you as irreplaceable then your wages would increase. Stop fighting your employers from the start, it's super toxic and super red flag.
Re: I Need Your Urgent Advise by Oracle16(m): 6:35pm On Mar 16
Zwooks:
Stop fighting your bosses. You are closing your doors of opportunities. An employer engaged me for 830,000 Naira work didn't pay for it. I kept quiet for over five weeks. Even after he came he rejected all. He later felt remorseful paid me a huge part, re engaged me with work that just the first set has compensated for previous losses and opened new doors for more profit making. Stop claiming rights with your employers. Stop using this Nigerian eager eager energy to fight people God sent to bless you. Start low, let them see you as irreplaceable then your wages would increase. Stop fighting your employers from the start, it's super toxic and super red flag.

Did you read at all. She is not my employer yet.
Re: I Need Your Urgent Advise by Balablue64: 6:56pm On Mar 16
Zwooks:

You are high on colos, so he shouldn't ask for what he deserves, he should accept to work for free because na you buy data for am or na you teach am the work.
The fact that you decided to work for free doesn't mean everyone is naive and has inferiority complex like you okay.
Keep doing 'pro bono' bro i would like someone like you to work for me as you are a charity organization.

4 Likes

Re: I Need Your Urgent Advise by Zwooks: 7:15pm On Mar 16
Balablue64:

You are high on colos, so he shouldn't ask for what he deserves, he should accept to work for free because na you buy data for am or na you teach am the work.
The fact that you decided to work for free doesn't mean everyone is naive and has inferiority complex like you okay.
Keep doing 'pro bono' bro i would like someone like you to work for me as you are a charity organization.

Made over 60 Million Freelancing. How much have you made ?
Re: I Need Your Urgent Advise by Balablue64: 7:34pm On Mar 16
Zwooks:

Made over 60 Million Freelancing. How much have you made ?
That's good, i have a job for you sir, would pay after doing the job.
Re: I Need Your Urgent Advise by Zwooks: 7:42pm On Mar 16
Balablue64:

That's good, i have a job for you sir, would pay after doing the job.

Shift. As i type, even now on my way to my.factory.
Re: I Need Your Urgent Advise by Oracle16(m): 7:11am On Mar 17
I need more advise on this.
Re: I Need Your Urgent Advise by Nairalandboyfri: 8:56am On Mar 18
Oracle16:
Dear Nairalanders, please I need your advice on this. A CEO of a foreign company (still growing), agreed with me that if I can work for free for 2 days, I will be employed full time. She gave me a project for her online school, which is to study four of her courses and set quizzes suitable for the courses. Note that the courses have no quizzes.

This project was meant to take me more than a week. When I started and submitted the first quiz questions for one of the courses,she said he project will be used as an trial to know if I will work full time. Initially what we agreed was to work free for two days before resuming full time. When I was done with all the courses, she condemned some quiz questions, however, she said some were good and will be used. The project was completed in four days as I worked day and night.

After some days, I contacted her again to know the update if I would start working or something, she said she is still discussing with her staff that she will revert on it. Two days after, she came up with another project, this time I have to finalize and upload the quiz questions on another site and she offered 50€, which I declined. She said this will determine if I will be working as a full time staff (same thing she said before the first project). I negotiated for100€ which she refused. Later I decided to do it her terms.

She told me it's too late that she would be uploading it herself. So I requested that since it's my quiz questions she will be uploading and since I won't be working with her as a permanent staff, it is proper she compensates me for the project. I said it is not proper for her to sell her courses online with my project without paying me for it. She then said she has decided not to use it since I am requesting for compensation. When I reported to the site provider via email, she then offered to pay $30, but wants me to resend mail to the Provider apologizing to her.

I declined her offer and told her to keep it all, that i am no longer interested and I have decided to move on. What's your advice. Is it wrong requesting for compensation since she will use my project to make money, though she is now saying she won't make use of it, which I still doubt because it was same project I would have uploaded if I had accepted the offer and she stated when I submitted it that she will use it.

You were used. Next time, request to use an escrow or a middle man. You started on her terms and without a proper negotiation.
You'll get another one. Do not worry.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Urgent Advise by soccerlite: 11:57am On Mar 18
Zwooks:

Rubbish
Re: I Need Your Urgent Advise by Zwooks: 11:58am On Mar 18
soccerlite:

Rubbish

Whatever
Re: I Need Your Urgent Advise by soccerlite: 12:03pm On Mar 18
Shebi she offer 30$ collect to free your mind

You have already submitted the project

Its next time such will not happen
Re: I Need Your Urgent Advise by Gr8mind07(m): 12:07pm On Mar 18
I agree with this. Some breakthrough require a huge sacrifice.
Zwooks:

(1) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Entry Level Recruitment 2024 / I Need A Job Please Help / I Write For A TOKEN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.