Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

What Do I Need To Know About BMW 523i? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Do I Need To Know About BMW 523i? (629 Views)

The Scary Truth About BMW Cars. / BMW 523i / The 2018 BMW X4 Unveiled – Photos & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Need To Know About BMW 523i? by Lookmun: 12:05pm On Mar 17
Good people, I am quite inexperienced with German cars. Please let me know what your thoughts are about BMW 523i care. The good, the bad and the ugly.

I’m grateful.
Re: What Do I Need To Know About BMW 523i? by searchng4love: 9:20pm On Mar 17
Lookmun:
Good people, I am quite inexperienced with German cars. Please let me know what your thoughts are about BMW 523i care. The good, the bad and the ugly.

I’m grateful.
What year

1 Like

Re: What Do I Need To Know About BMW 523i? by Kenosky1: 8:21am On Mar 18
Lookmun:

I’m grateful.

It's a good car but the problem is that we don't have experienced mechanics to carry out repairs, also the parts are not easily available. If the vehicle breaks down outside Lagos for example, you may have to tow it back. Do you have deep pocket, if not go for a Benz.
Re: What Do I Need To Know About BMW 523i? by MOTIONTECH(m): 5:56am On Mar 25
1) Never use inferior oil, you can use Castrol, German Adler, mobile 1.
2)Use good fuel, don't buy fuel from funny looking filling station
3) Take your maintenance serious.
4) The car is very reliable

1 Like

Re: What Do I Need To Know About BMW 523i? by wisepigeon: 10:29am On Mar 26
Lookmun:

I’m grateful.

I used to be a 'bimmer', I have owned 2 bmw 5 series, till I sold them off out of frustration.
The car is superb, it has a very good balance, even when turning at bends. The only problem I encountered that became a frustration to me was no good mecahanic, the few mechanics i had messed up the car than ever before, just to solve little issues, They don't just have the technical know how. Again, there is no knowledgeable auto electricians to handle electrical problems. By the time they messed up my bmw, I have no option but to quickly discard them to have my peace.
Re: What Do I Need To Know About BMW 523i? by searchng4love: 4:36am On Mar 29
wisepigeon:

I used to be a 'bimmer', I have owned 2 bmw 5 series, till I sold them off out of frustration.
The car is superb, it has a very good balance, even when turning at bends. The only problem I encountered that became a frustration to me was no good mecahanic, the few mechanics i had messed up the car than ever before, just to solve little issues, They don't just have the technical know how. Again, there is no knowledgeable auto electricians to handle electrical problems. By the time they messed up my bmw, I have no option but to quickly discard them to have my peace.
To use any vehicle in Nigeria you must be ready for hands-on ownership. A mechanic nearly opened my engine claiming I had burnt cylinder head gasket.....whereas it was only a case of disconnected tiny coolant hose and leaking connector as well as bleeding. I allowed him park the car in his shop overnight thinking he's secured the bag. Early mormor second morning I was there for an on the spot assessment.... That was how I escaped from the butcher's hands.... Most mechanics are butchers.... Both online and offline

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

HELP With Spambot Issue / Why So Many Road Bumbs On Federal/state Roads? / Pls Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.