Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,739 members, 7,851,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:03 PM

Why Do Africans Hold Christianity And Islam So Fervently - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Africans Hold Christianity And Islam So Fervently (199 Views)

Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) / The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Africans Hold Christianity And Islam So Fervently by babasolution: 12:13pm On Mar 17
Throughout the world it seems as if Africans especially Nigerians hold on to these 2 foreign religions so intensely and fervently, these two religions are placed above every consideration, every one and everything in Africa especially Nigeria.

Personally I don't see what is so attractive about these religions.
Am also still confused how Africans were so quick to dump their original practices for Christianity and Islam and still hold on tight to it like their lives depend on it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Hold Christianity And Islam So Fervently by derecho(m): 12:17pm On Mar 17
Never classify Christianity with Islam abeg.

That said, what should Africans hold on to?
IFA or Sango worship?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Hold Christianity And Islam So Fervently by babasolution: 12:19pm On Mar 17
derecho:

IFA or Sango worship?

What bad in IFA n Sango worship

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Hold Christianity And Islam So Fervently by derecho(m): 12:23pm On Mar 17
Everything.
In fact, it's so unattractive and dirty for many to jettison it.

babasolution:

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Hold Christianity And Islam So Fervently by babasolution: 12:26pm On Mar 17
derecho:
Everything.
In fact, it's so unattractive and dirty for many to jettison it.

That's your opinion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Hold Christianity And Islam So Fervently by Foreverly02: 12:26pm On Mar 17
Likee🤌
I don't know
Re: Why Do Africans Hold Christianity And Islam So Fervently by babasolution: 12:29pm On Mar 17
Are all our ancestors that didn't practice Christianity or Islam going to hell?

If we had defeated the white invaders or Arab marketers would we regard Christianity and Islam the same way,are these religions not religions of the defeated

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Hold Christianity And Islam So Fervently by derecho(m): 12:30pm On Mar 17
Kikikiki... But yours isn't?
If not for the misbehavior of some "pastors", who will be talking about traditional religion?
With those nonsense smelly sacrifices.
Abeg make we talk better thing
babasolution:

That's your opinion
Re: Why Do Africans Hold Christianity And Islam So Fervently by babasolution: 12:37pm On Mar 17
derecho:
Kikikiki... But yours isn't?
If not for the misbehavior of some "pastors", who will be talking about traditional religion?
With those nonsense smelly sacrifices.
Abeg make we talk better thing

Not all African religions require so called smelly sacrifices, some require the same sacrifices of Islam," animals".

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Hold Christianity And Islam So Fervently by derecho(m): 12:43pm On Mar 17
The so-called traditional religion is the ideas of someone like you and because he was stronger than his peers made it a "tradition".

If you can't convince me that the " deity" you saw is true, why should I follow you?

Africans should free themselves from this nonsense called traditional religion.
Allow people to seek God themselves and not foist an untested belief on someone just because your father met someone practicing it.

Imagine, I should hold on to a religion because someone says it is "traditional "

Oga, use your brain na
babasolution:

Not all African religions require so called smelly sacrifices, some require the same sacrifices of Islam," animals".

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Hold Christianity And Islam So Fervently by babasolution: 12:50pm On Mar 17
derecho:
The so-called traditional religion is the ideas of someone like you and because he was stronger than his peers made it a "tradition".

If you can't convince me that the " deity" you saw is true, why should I follow you?

Allow people to seek God themselves and not foist an untested belief on someone just because your father met someone practicing it.

Imagine, I should hold on to a religion because someone says it is "traditional "

Oga, use your brain na

That's my point,Christianity and Islam are emphasised in Nigeria like it's the only way and any other thing is demonised,why can't people freely practice what they deem fit,religion as a whole should be deemphasised in the Nigerian/African space

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Hold Christianity And Islam So Fervently by Ttalk: 12:52pm On Mar 17
derecho:

Oga, use your brain na

What are you saying?

Christianity is not a religion but a way of life.

You are a religious man, no wonder you are online daily abusing Tinubu and Yoruba people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Hold Christianity And Islam So Fervently by babasolution: 1:11pm On Mar 17
Ttalk:

What are you saying?

Christianity is not a religion but a way of life.

You are a religious man, no wonder you are online daily abusing Tinubu and Yoruba people

Christianity is therefore a culture, so why did Africans abandoned their culture for a foreign culture which so far as not made them better
Re: Why Do Africans Hold Christianity And Islam So Fervently by derecho(m): 1:24pm On Mar 17
No one is emphasizing Christianity, maybe Islam.
I only responded to you asking what's attractive about Christianity.

If traditional religion is your preference go on with it but don't make it look like those who find it unattractive are doing anything wrong

babasolution:

That's my point,Christianity and Islam are emphasised in Nigeria like it's the only way and any other thing is demonised,why can't people freely practice what they deem fit,religion as a whole should be deemphasised in the Nigerian/African space
Re: Why Do Africans Hold Christianity And Islam So Fervently by killsmith(f): 1:48pm On Mar 17
Because Africans are not educated. They are too rigid in thought.
Re: Why Do Africans Hold Christianity And Islam So Fervently by unclejb2(m): 2:55pm On Mar 17
derecho:

IFA or Sango worship?
Africa has their culture, traditions and ways of worship. And they had direct interactions with God through their native deities

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Hold Christianity And Islam So Fervently by Maximus692(m): 5:28pm On Mar 17
babasolution:

What did those religions say about the afterlife? smiley
Re: Why Do Africans Hold Christianity And Islam So Fervently by Kobojunkie: 7:08pm On Mar 17
babasolution:
■ Throughout the world it seems as if Africans especially Nigerians hold on to these 2 foreign religions so intensely and fervently, these two religions are placed above every consideration, every one and everything in Africa especially Nigeria. Personally I don't see what is so attractive about these religions. Am also still confused how Africans were so quick to dump their original practices for Christianity and Islam and still hold on tight to it like their lives depend on it.
Fear, of what they do not know and are too lazy to investigate for themselves. lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All! / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All! / May God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.