Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Website Designer Needed - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Designer Needed (1119 Views)

Prolific And Professional Website Designer And Developer Needed / Who Is The Most Reliable & Creative Website Designer On Nairaland? / Should I Hire This Website Designer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Designer Needed by loma(m): 3:51pm On Nov 14, 2011
Anyone with the skills to help develop a very nice website (pro-bono or for a low fee)
Re: Website Designer Needed by yawatide(f): 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2011
Since you mention "(pro-bono or for a low fee)", I have a better idea: From the school's parent website, the school has a computer science course. The school should approach students in that department and have them do the website for a small fee (as interns).

In the school I went to, students did the sites for all the departments in my school. . .and got paid a nominal fee, as students. The added benefit is that the project would remain in-house and students can get paid, rather than crawl to their parents for money.
Re: Website Designer Needed by soloqy: 9:00pm On Nov 14, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

Since you mention "(pro-bono or for a low fee)", I have a better idea: From the school's parent website, the school has a computer science course. The school should approach students in that department and have them do the website for a small fee (as interns).

In the school I went to, students did the sites for all the departments in my school. . .and got paid a nominal fee, as students. The added benefit is that the project would remain in-house and students can get paid, rather than crawl to their parents for money.

Exactly !
Re: Website Designer Needed by loma(m): 12:31am On Nov 15, 2011
Thanks for the comments. I have been able to get someone.

Just for the records, its not a departmental site,  its a student organization site, so you cannot just 'get' computer science students to develop the site as a form of 'internship'.
Re: Website Designer Needed by manny4life(m): 1:18am On Nov 15, 2011
There's a job intranet in your school or public board in the student area, post the job offer there on the bill board or you can advertise it on your school board intranet, students who are looking for small jobs will take on the offer. Like someone said, computer science students can do it for a small minimal fee, as opposed to hiring a professional for the job. In addition, they have decent web services that have built-in templates, you can easily edit them.

When I was in school, I designed the website for our own African Student Association. Although, I did Macromedia Dream Weaver as well one other web design software in one of my classes; I took upon the project, it was challenging but FUN. Also, the school IT can help assist with projects like that particularly if it's for the schools association. During my time, I sought so much help and guidance,  smiley smiley smiley
Re: Website Designer Needed by yawatide(f): 4:24am On Nov 15, 2011
Just for the records, its not a departmental site, its a student organization site, so you cannot just 'get' computer science students to develop the site as a form of 'internship'.

I beg to differ. The mere fact that it is a student organization site is reason enough to get one of the fellow students (assuming such a student is well versed in web dev. If not, you are SOL in that area) to do the site. Also by the way, just for the record, internships come in 2 flavors: paid and unpaid.
Re: Website Designer Needed by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 15, 2011
Abi o, me I did my association website, I even did the website of the hospital linked to my school for nominal fees na. Abi na which kind thing be dis? Or u dey look for professional who go collect nominal fees?
Re: Website Designer Needed by moderatorr: 2:38am On Nov 16, 2011
manny4life:

There's a job intranet in your school or public board in the student area, post the job offer there on the bill board or you can advertise it on your school board intranet, students who are looking for small jobs will take on the offer. Like someone said, computer science students can do it for a small minimal fee, as opposed to hiring a professional for the job. In addition, they have decent web services that have built-in templates, you can easily edit them.

When I was in school, I designed the website for our own African Student Association. Although, I did Macromedia Dream Weaver as well one other web design software in one of my classes; I took upon the project, it was challenging but FUN. Also, the school IT can help assist with projects like that particularly if it's for the schools association. During my time, I sought so much help and guidance,  smiley smiley smiley
americanised nigerian. Where u see job intranet for any nigerian university!
Re: Website Designer Needed by moderatorr: 2:42am On Nov 16, 2011
i can accept a pro bono nominal fee of N300 000 only.
If u got that or any thing pro bono near that i'll whip up ur site in 72 hrs.
This excludes time for testing the hosted site.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's First Online Network For Creative People And Creative Work / Learn The A To Z Of Starting A Profitable Web Hosting Business Free / I'll Give You 35K Impressions For N1,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.