Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,468 members, 7,812,431 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

The Genie Princess - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Genie Princess (94 Views)

The Genie Princess / The Legend Of Chu Qiao: Division 11’s Princess Agent / The Lesbian Princess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Genie Princess by Jennifer141(f): 10:55am On Mar 18
Chapter 1

"Ring Ring Ring" the school bell rang signalling break time in Pat Dovell high school.
Elena packed her belongings into her bag and trailed behind other students, keeping her head down as she wanted not to be seen for she has been labelled an outcast by her peers for not having rich and influential parents.
"is not like it's my fault" Elena mumbled to herself softly "I didn't get to choose them, that's how life is it gives you anything it wants and you have to make do with it, I mean if I had the chance I would have chosen someone like Kim Kardashian or Kiley Jenna heck even Rihanna not them(her parents) am so sick of this..."
"Hey Elecow", "O no"Elena thought to herself while moving forward faster than she was before
"not today not today not to..." Someone grabbed her by the shoulder making her stop in her tracks. "Where do you think you're going, acting like you didn't hear me, are you deaf or something".
Elena felt angry at being called deaf but decided that it wasn't worth getting hit, after all she's been called wrose, way worse than that. "Elecow do you even hear what am saying. Guys I knew she was deaf I mean look at her outfit it's screaming I'm a deaf and homeless person" Sabrina laughed and everyone in the hallway laughed with her.
"Well we all know I am not homeless" said Elena to defend herself. "Yet. You're not homeless yet, but that will change soon, I mean what are the odds your dad losses his job for a silly reason and can't afford to pay for the dump you call a house. Doesn't it mean you're homeless" Elena knew what she was trying to say.
You see Elena's father works in a hospital St.Leonard to be precise, the best hospital in Nashville and guess who owns that said hospital? You guessed right Sabrina Gomez's Dad.
Her father Dr.Nicholas Gomez one of the best doctor's there ever will be, some people even say's he could bring the dead back to life, he has won so many awards he could build a fountain out of it.
The hospital was his father Lenoard Gomez's and has been passed down to him and he raised it to a newer height.
Now Sabrina sadly didn't get any of her father's smart or genius instead she got her mother's vain and materialistic mentality. It wasn't her fault thou, her father almost never was around, only her mother who was a house wife was, so of course she would have imitated her.
Sabrina believes only the rich and wealthy are humans others are laborers and should forever be below her. Someone like Elena is not even fit to breathe the same air she breath's, why you may ask well.
Elena Conner's life has never been easy tragedy just seems to follow her family wherever they are. The only reason she even goes to Pat Dovell high is because of her scholarship.
Her mother Erica is a drug addict who's family abandoned her for giving birth to a child by 17 and her father James Conner is a doctor who doesn't care for his family.
He has multiple lovers outside that he spends his money on, "beautiful and classy women with degree's" he says anytime he and Erica has an argument.
He looks down on her for not being able to take care of herself, he believes she weighed down his achievements, forcing him to marry her all because of a drunken night of passion.
He was supposed to have his own clinic but now he works under someone. Elena had to live in a toxic environment for as long as she remembers.
She studied real hard in order to leave and never come back, with a mother that only remember's her when she is sober and a father that acts like she doesn't exist she is bound to feel lonely and frustrated.
And now Sabrina is threatening her with her father's job. If he gets fired because of her, her life would be over.
"Yes am a homeless loser and I get my clothes from charity homes" Laughter immediately fills the hallway as Elena accepted Sabrina insults. Anything to not be at the mercy of her father's wraith.
Sabrina's minions Stacy and Dracy the twins poured their perfume on Elena " you can thank us later, I mean you do stink up the hallway, are you sure your clothes are from a charity home or the dumpster" said Darcy with her sharp tone.
"Am sure it's the dumpster, I saw her searching for something in the dumpster behind the church, turns out it was for the clothes. Hey Elecow did you even bother to wash it. It really does stink" Stacy said to not be outshined by her sister.
"Yes you're right I found it in the dumpster thanks for the It's a super expensive, that could literally buy me a car I could never have perfume" Elena said.
"You're welcome" said Darcy and Stacy with big smiles on their faces.

"There you are I've been looking all over for you" Jimmy or Jim as everyone likes to call him said as he spotted his girlfriend Sabrina.

Jimmy is the school's hunk who is also the school's number 1 on academics, talk about both look and brain. He has been Sabrina's boyfriend since freshman year now it's sophomore year and they are still dating. Elena think's Sabrina must have used some kind of spell to trap him. Who on this planet earth would want to date Sabrina the witch.
That's what she calls Sabrina in her head. "Let's go eat babe you haven't eaten anything since morning" Jim said
"Am on a diet duh am not supposed to eat" said Sabrina with a sweet smile on her face as they all moved to the cafeteria.
"They all have just ruined a perfectly good day for me and now they're flirting in my face" Elena said sourly for if you haven't noticed she was not cool enough to date. In the standard of Pat Dovell high, the school for the elite.
Elena decided she didn't want to eat anymore and went to her next class.

*School dismissed*

Don't forget to let your parents sign your permission slip for the excursion next week.

"As if any one would" Elena muttered as she went out of her class to the hallways. She spent her time slowly moving to the front of the school door where she stopped to look at the other kids entering their cars and speeding out of the school premises.
She clenched her hands and being her long trek back home.
With no friends to even drive her back home Elena truly is pity full.

Outside her house she took one good look at it. It really was looking like the home for an homeless person. Her eyes watered at the thought. She always tried not to think of anything bad but Sabrina and her minions always get to her every time.
She entered her gloomy looking house to find her mother passed out again. Irritation bleed through her as she stomped her way up to her room.
She threw her bag on her tiny bed and sat on bed. Thinking of every thing that happened that day, she cries her eyes out.
Her stomach rumbled and she remembers she hasn't eaten yet so she went down the stairs to the kitchen. Looking through the fridge she couldn't find anything edible, then she remembered she was supposed to buy groceries. Letting out a yell she closed the fridge, kicked it then went to her mother in the living room.
"Mom I need money for the groceries today" she told her mother who didn't respond.
"MOM I NEED MONEY FOR THE GROCERIES TODAY" she yelled feeling frustrated "woow whhhaatttt yoooy saaaaddd" her mother slurred.
"I said I need money, can't you even understand English anymore or are you deaf" Elena said with pure anger and hatred for mother.
"Buuu yoouu fattthhrrr nnoooo gaavvve mee aannyyyffiinnn" her mother said with no self awareness. "Well if you had been a better wife and mother maybe he would have given you something you deadbeat" Said Elena who now went up her room to call her father.
Ring Ring Ring the phone kept ringing with no one answering. That seemed to be the final straw that made Elena feel so unwanted. "Why are they doing this to me. Why why I just wanted to be normal is that so much to ask. Am sorry mum I didn't mean to yell but I need you and you're not here. I just need someone, anyone, anything" Elena broke down crying.
She went down to her mother with a blanket "Mom please please just be here I need you. Am not feeling good, lately I've been feeling so much anger and it hurts that am feeling that. I used to be able to shove it down but nowadays it's getting bigger than I can handle. I need you mom, the real you not this person" Elena sobs.
She thinks of all the time her mother was sober and all the good memory she has talking to her mother who would give her the best advice she could and starts to miss it for her mother just started getting worse.
She no longer stayed sober longer than she used to.

End of chapter 1

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Join Quora Space? / In The Footsteps Of Goethe: A Language Lover's Journey In Germany / Wole Adedoyin’s Achievements As Pro (south) From 2017-2019 Under Denja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.